Thread: NTW II Wizard's Mod [Small Gameplay and Aesthetics Changes] Possible New Units?

Icon4 NTW II Wizard's Mod [Small Gameplay and Aesthetics Changes] Possible New Units?

Hello, I plan to make a small sub-mod for NTW II that will make some of the units have actual regiment names ( 3e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne, 24th Regiment of Foot, Etc.) It will also add things like more realistic sounds (hopefully), More music, and new loading menus. New units may be added if I can find a modeler who wishes to help out. This also would include specific general units like Napoleon, The Duke of Wellington and Archduke Charles of Austria. I shall have some previews up soon.

By the way, Since the download links for the vanilla version of NTW II don't work, I shall have to use the Campaign Sub-mod by Hannibalcaesar which I shall credit as his work. If he doesn't wish that I use his sub-mod for my work then please have him tell me so that i may find a different copy of NTW II to work with.

From,
    KingWizard

Default Re: NTW II Wizard's Mod [Small Gameplay and Aesthetics Changes] Possible New Units?

*Reserved*

Default Re: NTW II Wizard's Mod [Small Gameplay and Aesthetics Changes] Possible New Units?

So i've Changed the Citizen Unit card from the Campaign Submod. I want to have the same style for the rest of the units. Anyone dislike them. Sorry for small size, The max size they can be is 48 x 64. Old Unit Card [IMG][/IMG] New Unit Card[IMG][/IMG]

Heres Some Chassuers to show the difference better. Old Chassuers New Chassuers

Icon7 Re: NTW II Wizard's Mod [Small Gameplay and Aesthetics Changes] Possible New Units?

Been grinding out the unit cards, France should be done tomorrow night.

And Now for the beginning of the Elite Unit Previews:
    3er régiment d'infanterie de ligne

This is the Mount & Blade Napoleonic Wars Regiment I am apart of. I could not find actual history for the regiment but for the rest of the Elite Units Pack I shall.

The French fusiliers were the backbone of Napoleon's army. Its men were conscripted at the age of 20 to 25, many of which served over very long periods of time. Armed with the muzzle-loading smoothbore musket they were able to fire three volleys per minute. Their uniform consisted of a dark blue coat, white breeches with black knee-length gaiters and a felt shako. These men were very well trained. As far as marching and manoeuvring speed is concerned, the French Fusiliers had no equal. Their steadiness while under enemy fire was also impressive. Speed of movement was crucial for Napoleon; he often said that: "I won because of my soldiers' boots". Still, even though the French line infantry marched fast, they were not as disciplined during march as some of the German-speaking armies.

Please Post Request for which historical units you would like to see in the pack. I have 100 units left before the hardcoded limit so post as many as you like.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

nice! you have talent. my one advice would be to look over your lapels: the way you have it now, the lapels look like just one big cloth chest piece.

as to requests: you could try redoing the Ottoman army--add auxiliaries from various parts of the Empire: Kurds, Bosnians, Albanians, Palestinians (for the siege of Acre), Bedouins, etc. I know, no uniforms, and not as glamorous, but the Ottoman roster is not very full.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Thanks for the Suggestions. I never played as the Ottomans but looking at their roster they could do with some work. And I will try and work with the lapels a little bit

I accidentally deleted my work when i was clearing space on my PC. Luckily I backed up the Textures and stuff. I should have a playable Beta for you guys to try by say Saturday.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

looking forward!
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)