Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood and Gore. Where to buy? Is it worth it?

Default Blood and Gore. Where to buy? Is it worth it?

Hmmm. I'm thinking about buying the DLC but I'm annoyed at Steam for charging me in euros. I used to buy my online stuff at greenmangaming but a quick trip to their site and I see that they've shifted to the same damned pricing system as Steam and i can no longer pay in dollars.

So are there any other reliable online sites for buying DLC where I can pay 2.50 dollars and not 2.50 euros? Not steam, not greenmangaming. It sticks in my throat so bad that I actually have to pay for the blood in this game. If I am going to buy it, I'm not going to pay in euros.

A little off-topic. There isn't a mod that puts blood in, is there. I searched on the Steam workshop but nothing jumped out at me.

Thanks in advance

Biarchus

Default Re: where to buy blood and gore?

Where do you live? If you're in Europe then yea it's going to charge you in Euro.

Anyone know where I can get it for 2.50 dollars online? Sorry Brigadier, that link had it for 2.45 euros. Same difference.

If anyone happens to read this and knows of an reliable online store where I can pay in dollars, I'd love to see the link.
    Last edited by Ishan; March 19, 2014 at 01:06 PM. Reason: off-topic

You could probably just tell us your Steam ID and someone would just give it to you.
    It's $3.

And I'm pretty sure the pricing difficulty is less SEGA and more that's just how the commercial stuff works. It's also why Steam can't price games however they want, retailers make the prices. Just how the industry works.
    Last edited by Ishan; March 19, 2014 at 01:19 PM. Reason: post restored

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Tax, price regulation and exchange rates will vary from region to region too.
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

Sun Jetzu's Avatar Vicarius

you need the blood and gore dlc to get blood. Also its the bets dlc to date.
    One Punch Man Series VS My Hero Academia Series - Who's Better?

Quote Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
    You could probably just tell us your Steam ID and someone would just give it to you.
    It's $3.

And I'm pretty sure the pricing difficulty is less SEGA and more that's just how the commercial stuff works. It's also why Steam can't price games however they want, retailers make the prices. Just how the industry works.
    Thank you for the offer. I have 2.50 euros. This is an issue of principle over money for me....oh dear, oh dear, I'm dragged into a steam debate. Damn it. Why did I open the thread.

PLease don't take this as me being rude. I mean it in a very polite way, but your phrase there is wrong for a couple of reasons. Firstly, you say the pricing is less about Sega, and then you say, don't blame steam, the retailers set the prices...I'm a little confused by your reasoning? In the case of steam, ...Valve or Steam is the retailer....

First, this is the world wide web. If I bought a game through greenmangaming - the transaction took place in America, or wherever they had their server and I paid the price in the currency that they set - it used to be dollars - and they paid the equivalent taxes for their country. I actually expect the transaction would take place in some location with low tax rates in the Caribbean - I mean that'd make the most economic sense.

I've no idea where the transaction takes place with Steam. I doubt very much you do. But for whatever reason they see fit, they and the publisher charges me in Euros at a higher price than they charge their American customers. They don't need to. They could very easily keep their transactions in America or wherever the US customers transactions take place etc.

regards, the old "they have to keep their prices high to keep the ordinary games retailers happy" argument,...well that's called price fixing. And as a consumer, it's not something I'm happy to be part of, and will avoid it as much as a possibly can, given a choice - hence my search for the DLC in dollars. By the by, it's perfectly feasible for European retailers to sell games at prices competitive to the US steam prices. I've already explained that in the country I live in I can buy hard disk copies often at the Steam US price. This is actually because most games consumers in this country have another choice - and use it openly and rampantly (the choice of which noone may speak on any forum whatsoever for fear of being banned, so help me god) - and the only way for any games publisher to get any kind of sale here, is to sell the games to the retailers at competitive prices - not fixed ones.

Only, that competitive pricing policy, doesn't include Steam for my IP address

I personally find this pricing and retailing practice disagreeable for a whole number of other reasons that I don't have time or interest to go into here. Just google anti steam rant and you'll probably find any number of the reasons explained somewhere on the web.

Price fixing, is price fixing. I have a choice as a consumer to partake or not. I'm trying not to.

Regards.

Sorry, I should have explained - price fixing through monopoly control of a distribution network - that's what I mean by pricefixing in this case. I can't find the tool to edit my own post above so I'll just tack this on beneath it....

Anyway - noone has come up with any useful suggestions, so it's looking like it's no Blood and gore for me.....
    Last edited by Ishan; March 19, 2014 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Double Post

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Dont you worry Dave
    Here are some facts:
    1. STEAM agrees an initial selling price for X days/weeks with a Developer and Publisher (if there is one) and launches the game.
    The commercializing contract between STEAM and the Dev/Pub grants STEAM absolute sovereignty over the price of the product
    in question after the initial timewindow has run out.
    2. STEAM does not amend its pricing policy to or for retailers.

a quick look on STEAM right now shows me that the Blood & Gore is 2.49 € in this moment...that seems to fit your 2.50 € does it ?
    Info: my IP adress is in Spain and Iam looking at STEAM German
    While the price of Rome 2 is 54.99 € which is quite high...but there is always people falling for that...playing with the widespread
    human inability to renounce and wait (for a STEAM sale for example)...too many people around who see something and they want it NOW

a quick look on amazon Germany shows some retailer prices varying from to and these prices are even lower than STEAM right now

a quick look on amazon UK shows a similar picture...remarkably the difference between the Collectors Edition in Germany and UK

and finally a look at amazon US

this is just to point out that STEAM prices have nothing but nothing to do with retailer prices and btw with boxed copys who need STEAM its a simlar system
    like with Press Products. There is a sophisticated system in place to determine the amount of products which likely could be sold at shop XY and then cleared according amount of real sold products...leftovers can be returned at will or sold at reduced price and will be cleared on that basis.

The boxing and physical copy of a game is worth only cents to the Publisher so its not a big issue. This btw is the reason why on most boxed games there is no
    weighty manual included anymore cause this worths 20 times more than boxing the game.

EDIT: It would be interesting to know what price a brit and an american see if they open steamshop and look for the Rome 2 pricetag right now
    Last edited by Leonidas The Lion; March 02, 2014 at 11:54 AM. Reason: removed personal comment

@ Chris 10
    Yes, thank God for Amazon, at least Valve has some competition at last. However, I've not been able to find blood and gore DLC in the UK or US online stores. I'd forgotten about Germany, I'll take a look there.

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    EDIT: It would be interesting to know what price a brit and an american see if they open steamshop and look for the Rome 2 pricetag right now

Anyway, Rome 2 is still $59.95 over here in the US. Been that price since it came out.

Here in Brasil its R$99,99 BRL and the blood and gore is R$4,99, with 1 dollar = 2.3381 Brasilian Reais

Here you go op: http://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-TWR2BG...d-and-gore-dlc (you get a steam key)

But like others have said it's 3$, not 2.50. Also Rome 2 is on sale 50% off. GG's never had regional pricing and hopefully it stays that way. It's one of my last refuges for fair pricing.
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; March 02, 2014 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    Here you go op: http://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-TWR2BG...d-and-gore-dlc (you get a steam key)

But like others have said it's 3$, not 2.50. Also Rome 2 is on sale 50% off. GG's never had regional pricing and hopefully it stays that way. It's one of my last refuges for fair pricing.
    Well...thats not correct Jean=A=Luc.
    Depending from where you access the site it will display a different instance of itself...depending on the IP adress (country) from which the query comes in.
    Even more sophisticated sites automatically display the native language of the users OS (no matter from where you access) if there is an instance of this site with this laguage set deposited on the server.
    I access gamesgate from Spain and voila...thats what I get to see
    See ? ...but good find...I first looked at GG for OP and used the search function but the Blood&Gore didnt pop up so I discarded
    telling OP to look at GG

Last edited by chris10; March 02, 2014 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks for all the feedback. It's looking like an impossible task. Don't worries yourselves anymore. But thanks for trying to help.

TBH, I just had my first encounter with the "patched" siege AI this afternoon and I'm not sure if I'm going to take the game any further. I've not played since October - this week I decided to see how far the mods have been able to take it. I've been switching between Radious and DeI and having a ball. Until today when I had a port city sieged by the AI and encountered all the usual nonsense that was there 6 months ago - non-moving AI units, suiciding generals throwing torches at gates, etc etc. I'd read that the siege AI hadn't been fixed - but that was my first encounter. I'm truly not sure I can be bothered taking the game any further. The AI was sooo bad and so annoying - having to wait for the clock to count down an hour. And to see that really after 10 patches and six months these truly fundamental issues haven't been fixed makes me think I won't give the company anymore of my money - whether it's euros or dollars.

I don't know. I'm going to go back in and play for an hour tonight and then decide whether to shelve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greasy Dave View Post
    TBH, I just had my first encounter with the "patched" siege AI this afternoon and I'm not sure if I'm going to take the game any further. ........................that was my first encounter. I'm truly not sure I can be bothered taking the game any further. The AI was sooo bad and so annoying - having to wait for the clock to count down an hour. And to see that really after 10 patches and six months these truly fundamental issues haven't been fixed makes me think I won't give the company anymore of my money - whether it's euros or dollars.

I don't know. I'm going to go back in and play for an hour tonight and then decide whether to shelve it.
    I and many of the others here, we feel your pain...its outrageous that after 10 years with the Rome engine (yes,Warscape is only a evolved instance of this very same engine) and 6 months and 10 patches after release core aspects of the game do not work as they are supposed
    to work and maybe never will.

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    Well...thats not correct Jean=A=Luc.
    Heh, I always get "region'd" but not on GG so I assumed they didn't do that sort of thing. Screw 'em then.

I wonder why they just didnt just add in blood and gore instead of releasing it seperately, really stupid but the DLC is fine actually

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Proxe$ View Post
    I wonder why they just didnt just add in blood and gore instead of releasing it seperately, really stupid but the DLC is fine actually
    Rating issues.

The only DLC I have bought from Rome 2 is blood and gore, I had it in Shogun 2 and it was fantastic. It's okay in Rome 2, but I miss the way blood would splatter the camera when you zoomed right in on the action.

Also if you do get B+G, get the mod for it, improves the colours. Also make sure to set terrain to extreme, otherwise you won't get blood on the ground.

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

The US get's better pricing than the EU so I dunno why you want it in Euros.

1 Dollar is 0.72 Euro

So, when I bought Rome II at 54.99 euro, I wouldve saved 15.46euro if I had bought it at 54.99 dollar.
    Really, you want to be buying Dollar and not Euro.

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast