Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding Summit and related discussion

spiderknight's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: So today is the great day - Modding summit takes place right now

I'm actually surprised that people still get optimistic around here. All we got from CA were vague corporate speak answers with a lot of maybes. This modding summit is just part of the 40% bigger marketing budget. Now they can boast about how in touch with the community they are. Given the way CA has been operating lately i wasn't expecting much form this summit and so far I'm not disappointed.

Default Re: Modding Summit - Call-Out to Those Interested

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    guys, just give us some good news.. i'm tired of bad news..

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    guys, just give us some good news.. i'm tired of bad news..
    Sadly I feel like the only good news we'll hear about will come with the phrase "for one easy payment of $14.99..."
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: So today is the great day - Modding summit takes place right now

Quote Originally Posted by spiderknight View Post
    I'm actually surprised that people still get optimistic around here. All we got from CA were vague corporate speak answers with a lot of maybes. This modding summit is just part of the 40% bigger marketing budget. Now they can boast about how in touch with the community they are. Given the way CA has been operating lately i wasn't expecting much form this summit and so far I'm not disappointed.
    no doubt they will release a rally point soon, even so i think most people are still waiting to be proven wrong like me

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Modding Summit and related discussion

So has any thing of substance actually happened yet?

Or is everyone just drunk?

I know what I think, but I`ll keep it to myself for now in the hope I`m wrong.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

CA said. "Rome 2 will be the most moddable game of the Total War series"

Riiiggghhttt.... Keep up the lies, because this is really healthyl for your fan base.
    Last edited by Garensterz; March 03, 2014 at 06:50 PM.

Lord Baratheon's Avatar Decanus

Oh almost forgot, can transports be modded out of the game in any way?
    Remember, remember, the third of september, the Rome II treason and plot. I know of no reason why pre-order treason should ever be forgot.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

You can't mod the music.
    You can't change the capital of a faction through player input.
    You can't have events that change provincial capitals.
    You can't appoint governors to provinces.

good going CA.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

What really was the point of this, to find out we can't change anything in this bland lazy half made game?

"Most moddable TW game to date" That is a flat out certifiable lie. I think CA's eyes are brown because they are so full of something? Probably not your doing though, the SEGA overlord has your souls.
    Last edited by stevehoos; March 03, 2014 at 07:42 PM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Even lots of the original defenders have now turned on this game, it's getting beyond bad. Please list some good things that have come from this and what we can expect from CA in the coming months about content, improvements, and fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    I asked about axe and club animations:

Jack said that probably we will not see axe and club animation in-game.

Also... ABOUT MUSIC MODDING:

CA said that they can't do anything about music modding, because of copyright and converting problems. They mention something about program that cost ...... a lot money. So far they can't do anything for us in music section.
    That is.... deeply disappointing. Just when you thought it was already at bottom.

Deathcake's Avatar Tiro

Yes until I see otherwise (last spark of hope, attendee's final summary report of the event) it seems little was accomplished beyond a lot of confirmation that many things modders and much of the TWC community would like to be changed, cannot be changed.
    I feel that if there was any great positives of note, they would have been mentioned already, along with many !!!'s
    All I see is a lot of "no this can't be done, no that can't be done, maybe that can be changed at some stage"
    I am disappoint.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Excuse me Kanye, can *feature X* be modded in Rome 2, "The most moddable Total War game yet"?
    Last edited by Deathcake; March 03, 2014 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    I kind of agree but mod popularity isn't the only important aspect, invites for the 4 or 5 major overhaul mod creators should be a priority, they'll likely be the ones who'll impact future R2 modding most. I'd also really like to see wangrin and maybe warman222 attend, especially wangrin though.
    I've seen what he made with the english knights, if I can add its very important that C.A explain(or give tools, whatever) to allow modders to make really diversified units, something like Warman did.

Story to cut the ties with the uniform sheme...damn its silly to see tribemen all having the same clothes of the same colors...time to stop the color-code stupidity...please.

So we can't mod the number of building slots? I dare some dev to come on here and support this crap about this game being the most moddable TW game yet; that is simply not true at all. What do we call that in life when people don't tell the truth?
    Last edited by stevehoos; March 03, 2014 at 09:13 PM.

So the whole summit was about modders asking "can we...?" and developers answering "no" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Butan View Post
    So the whole summit was about modders asking "can we...?" and developers answering "no" ?
    LOL

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was the case.Let's just wait for a detailed post of the major things that were discussed there though.Then we can express our opinions in more detail and with good reason.

I agree with others I'll wait to see if something substantial gets posted in the next few days but at the moment it doesn't look promising. One would assume if there was something of significant value then the attendees would have been rushing to the forums.
    Let those who stand in the way of the true Clan from reaching it's goal, the Star League reborn, flee. For the Falcon shall swoop down upon it's prey and annihilate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
    I agree with others I'll wait to see if something substantial gets posted in the next few days but at the moment it doesn't look promising. One would assume if there was something of significant value then the attendees would have been rushing to the forums.
    Yep, the only things rushing to the forums were we can't mod music files or change capitals.

Has anyone heard from ANYONE that was there? For all we know this could have been the Red Wedding of TWC modders...

Noif we neeeeeeeeeeeed you, you're our only link to the outside world. You were creating such a fine ruckus earlier. Did CA silence you? say it aint so.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

CA said that they can't do anything about music modding, because of copyright and converting problems.
    My guess base on previous music mods this could be because the music creator themselves (even with RTR and I'm sure EB) will hold the copyright to the music they have created and will cause conflict with copyrights regarding mods and all. In cases of using actual copyrighted just in mods, while TWC may allow certain usage to be hosted here I think Steam workshop may work in different way.

I guess this more like CA's way to prevent future issues regarding copyrights.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook