Thread: How to play as Mongols and Timurids?

Jools_Jops's Avatar Libertus

Default How to play as Mongols and Timurids?

I've searched the forums but couldnt find anything, and I thought this would be a common request.

I've played every faction in the game and would like to play as the two invading factions, I know some people say its pointless because its too easy with elephants but I still enjoyed playing as papal states even if it is easier than usual.

I know that the mongols and timurids are a bit more complex since they dont start in the game to begin with like the papal states, but is there a way to play as one of those factions by giving them a settlement to start with and then disabling the trigger or script or whatever which makes them appear later in the game?

I dont mind using a mod to get around the problem if you cant just edit the text files - but I dont want to use the hotseat method because that did weird things with my world map and I had some problems with unit sounds.

Is there a way to play as the mongols and timurids like you would a normal faction without anything weird happening with the family trees or anything like that?

The only other mods I have installed are Retrofit and the boiling oil mod, both of which are awesome I think.

can anyone help? and sorry if this comes up alot and people are tired of saying "short answer: no. Long answer: Nooooooooooo" etc.

playing as aztecs would be nice too but Im not too bothered about them because im not keen on the unit design and the lack of units (although probably theres a mod that can fix that).
    In the year of Four Kings, Rothgar and Wulfric were laid to rest.
    Heroes in the war against the Moorwens.
    And Kainan, once a stranger to us, became king.

He took for himself a wife and a boy, who became as his own son.

But only I knew his secret.
    That the gods had sent us Kainan.
    And when it came time to return to them...

...he chose to stay with us instead.

Biarchus

Default Re: How to play as Mongols and Timurids?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ongols-in-M2TW

Also there was lately a guide how to play Aztecs, Rebels, Papacy etc.

Edit: btw. did you try googling? Found it with first google link
    Last edited by Nzg; January 18, 2014 at 07:08 AM.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: How to play as Mongols and Timurids?

Quote Originally Posted by Jools_Jops View Post
    I've searched the forums but couldnt find anything, and I thought this would be a common request.
    Because search on this forum is broken for a long time and wasn't fixed yet. Better search on google https://www.google.com/search?q=site...m=122&ie=UTF-8
    And you should really try some big mods if your computer is good enough, look around here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-Modifications