Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Little mod

Default Re: Little mod

Hi Locke
    I have never really investigated the Light and Medium campaign settings so I dont know what the differences are but if the only differences are in descr_strat then yes you are right . Thanks for pointing that out. When I get time I will add a description in the first post for those that want to do it.
    Nice to see you have modded it to your own tastes by reintrodtucing priests, merchants and spqr, tailoring the game to your own tastes is what its all about.
    Thanks for the comments
    Goth

Mappo's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Locke Heristal View Post
    Hi Goth! I downloaded your mod and have Partially-Implemented-It (I kept merchants and priests and SPQR )

I wanted to thank because of your good balance of pop growth and all other stuff. Without it probably should have to spend weeks to test! EXELLENT WORK
    Hi Locke Heristal, where can I download your sub mod? Btw many thanks to you and Goth for your mods
    Faithful in the centuries
    &

@mappo

I thought to open new topic to release it! Here you are: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...M-fan-readjust

Mappo's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Locke Heristal View Post
    @mappo

I thought to open new topic to release it! Here you are: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...M-fan-readjust
    Hi Locke, many thanks
    + 1 Rep
    Faithful in the centuries
    &

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Just downloaded and it seems to be a great sub-mod. Many thanks!

Glad you like it buddy.
    Goth

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

II wonder is it easy to manually implement again priest and merchants? I am a bit worried that without priests i might now be able to recruit some nice units, because of the culture percentage required for the said units.

Hi Guys
    I'm currently working on version 1.3
    Heres what Ive done so far
    implemented 4 turns per year
    fixed a couple more errors I found in recruitment and rebalanced a little more
    fixed Carthage unable to recruit spies and Assassins
    rebalanced some cities by weakening some that had too strong a start and made a few weaker ones stronger(trying to be historical)
    Increased build and recruitment times to fit in better with 4TPY
    adjusted trade to better balance economy with increased build times
    Adjusted faction relationship levels to create a more violent world(testing now)

- Still to do - fix problem with legionaries not throwing their javelins in time( I've gotta investigate this and at the moment my idea is to increase javelin range to compensate for the delay in launching but will report back soon)

be up and running soon
    Goth

@Staths. Hi mate. Yeah its pretty easy but a little tedious because there are so many temples. How experienced at modding are you? Just wanna know before I go through the process of typing instructions lol. But honestly I like it without priests and merchants, its much harder, your temples will convert the population eventually but because I've nerfed them it takes much longer leaving it necessary to rely on local provincial troops until the population is swayed enough to be recruited into your main units.
    Last edited by Goth; August 12, 2014 at 04:00 PM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

very nice work
    regards and heading now for 1.3
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; August 11, 2014 at 05:02 PM.

1.3 up and running guys, the download and explanation are in the first post.

@Tartaros - Thanks mate, i hope you enjoy 1.3 and 4TPY

Ranged combat is still way too deadly for this time period.

Now since combat isn't slow enough yet, I am halving all ranged damage and doubling the effectiveness of all shields!
    I'm also adding merchants back, because fun.

Another way to slow down the combat even further is to double the health like in that other roman mod.

The increased building costs might be a problem for the AI, which doesn't know how to save. This can be balanced by tweaking the money script.
    Last edited by Aigre; August 18, 2014 at 08:24 AM.

That's a good idea about doubling the value of shields because I agree that ranged weapons are still overpowered even with the alterations I've made, but as for the money script I am leaving that alone. I have a balance now that I am happy with(it took a lot of tweaking) and all I will do now is increase the kings purse to help out factions that I feel are struggling more than historically(Parthia for example). If this mod is of use to you feel free to mod the hell out of it and release your own version .
    Goth

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

thanks goth!
    very needed modification for dbm (for my taste).
    started a seleucid empire campaign and it´s really handy gameplay. i like the higher buildingcosts alot, add alot more importance to your decisions.

You're most welcome Tartaros, I'm really glad you're enjoying it. Coincidentally I am enjoying a Seleucid campaign at the moment too, Parthia need to be more of a threat though, so I reckon I will work on that next.
    Goth

Goth, do pilun inflict less damage now when the ranged combat has been nerfed and shields buffed?
    Last edited by FieryMastermind; August 18, 2014 at 04:45 PM.

Yeah I nerfed all ranged weapons for 1.3 including javelins this time though javelins have only been nerfed slightly, as for pilum I took them from 13 damage to 11 I think so not too drastic a drop as they are still pretty deadly and are still the most powerful thrown weapon. You can always increase the damage again if you dont like them by altering the edu file. I havent increased shields yet, that may be for a future version.
    Goth

The javelin throwing animation needs to be made shorter. That's the best way to fix javelin units.

Good tip k/t unfortunately I have never modded animations and have no idea how to. one day maybe but not just yet
    Goth

PB has included an adjusted animation in a download you will find in the RR/RC subforum of the SS forum.

thanks! for your work!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast