Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.7, soon to be available..

I have a small problem. Ive just downloaded TATW 3.2, and then MOS 1.62+bugfixer and the two other files. Ive installed everything accoridng to your guide, but when I try to launch MOS I only launch Vannila TATW. Ive called my Vannila folder just "Third_age_3", and the MOS folder "Third_age_3MOS" I use windows 7, steam, and all other mods I play works fine. (Including the Vannila TATW before I installed MOS on it) Ive also deleted map.rwm, and the descr_geography, and Ive run the cleaner.bat! What should I do now, Elvenkind. Sincerly someone who made a thread about you helping others, now its me who needs help!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.7, soon to be available..

hello I have a question wil this content Heirs of Rhovanion mod, his Unite the Clans mod and Angmar Rising, the Witchking Returns! mod. made by Spice Master in 1.7 version of MOS
    I love this mod greetings atthias

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    I have a small problem. Ive just downloaded TATW 3.2, and then MOS 1.62+bugfixer and the two other files. Ive installed everything accoridng to your guide, but when I try to launch MOS I only launch Vannila TATW. Ive called my Vannila folder just "Third_age_3", and the MOS folder "Third_age_3MOS" I use windows 7, steam, and all other mods I play works fine. (Including the Vannila TATW before I installed MOS on it) Ive also deleted map.rwm, and the descr_geography, and Ive run the cleaner.bat! What should I do now, Elvenkind. Sincerly someone who made a thread about you helping others, now its me who needs help!
    If I were you, I would make sure to have a clean TATW install ready and wait for a while (and check this thread now and then).

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    hello I have a question wil this content Heirs of Rhovanion mod, his Unite the Clans mod and Angmar Rising, the Witchking Returns! mod. made by Spice Master in 1.7 version of MOS
    I love this mod greetings atthias
    Unite the clans will be included, the other two might be in a later version. We will have to make some "room" first though.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Silvan Heir View Post
    Yes finally ! Thank you so much I thought I would never figure it out.

Now to enjoy this excellent mod
    I see you've fixed the issue, so no need to answer your PM. Enjoy the game.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    If I were you, I would make sure to have a clean TATW install ready and wait for a while (and check this thread now and then).

Unite the clans will be included, the other two might be in a later version. We will have to make some "room" first though.
    oke thanks for the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post

for me: rise of angmar, because of the important new units for OoG and OotMM, was the best thing of the RK mod, hope you add at least other new units for this 2 poor cultures

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

Nice I love Spicemasters works.Just to have some of them included is great. If Dunland could get some of that work it could be a great faction to play too. The fact that you have Dunland is great too of course Can't wait till tomorrow good luck with the launch on moddb
    Last edited by SirEyeball; April 25, 2015 at 08:42 AM.
    I watch and Learn

Javl26's Avatar Libertus

Does anyone know how I can pass the model map and battle Gundabad Alternative patch 4.8 to MOS?

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

MOS 1.7 has been released!!!!!!

We, the entire MOS team hope you will enjoy it. There is some brand new content in their like artwork and roleplay scripts, but also some other submods from the community like parts of the "unofficial patch" and the "Unite the clans" submod. Also some new units and heroes have been added. For the exact changelist you can take a look at the First post of this thread.

If you find any bugs, please report them. You can check the OP for known Issues aswell.

No go and conquer Middle Earth!!

Foederatus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.7 released 26-04-2015

Congradulations on the new release! Downloading right away!

Which of Leo's settllements are not included? The OP says that the 1.4 uofficial patch is included. Is this the same with 4.4 unofficial patch?

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by lzs View Post
    Congradulations on the new release! Downloading right away!

Which of Leo's settllements are not included? The OP says that the 1.4 uofficial patch is included. Is this the same with 4.4 unofficial patch?
    The new Moria is not included and Leo's Bree is not included either (we use Jox's version of Bree). Might be I've forgotten one. Gundabad is included, although we have kept the old(er) stratmap model.

Awesome! Thanks for the update to this great mod!

Now that we have a new version up and running. (congratz looks great) I as always have a few questions to make this like I like to play this game.

1. How do I remove the initial alliances so there are no alliances at game start?
    2. How do I remove the ring script? (I have read the books and I would like to play the strategy game without the ring)
    3, Is there a way to extend the gamelength and or victory conditions to be complete control ie controlling the whole map?

I usually get the first 2 quite easily but the how vanishes every time Mos gets a new thread so I have to ask again every time (I had the last directions saved on my old computer but alas they died with it.) + the directions could be different for the new build?

PS should I be worried that 7-zip never asked to overwrite files when unpacking? edit 2 yes I should fixed now just unpacked it one folder to far
    Last edited by SirEyeball; April 26, 2015 at 03:34 PM.
    I watch and Learn

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Finished testing. Post may be deleted if so desired.
    Last edited by Veteraan; April 26, 2015 at 05:58 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by SirEyeball View Post
    Now that we have a new version up and running. (congratz looks great) I as always have a few questions to make this like I like to play this game.

1. How do I remove the initial alliances so there are no alliances at game start?
    2. How do I remove the ring script? (I have read the books and I would like to play the strategy game without the ring)
    3, Is there a way to extend the gamelength and or victory conditions to be complete control ie controlling the whole map?

I usually get the first 2 quite easily but the how vanishes every time Mos gets a new thread so I have to ask again every time (I had the last directions saved on my old computer but alas they died with it.) + the directions could be different for the new build?

PS should I be worried that 7-zip never asked to overwrite files when unpacking? edit 2 yes I should fixed now just unpacked it one folder to far
    1 go to the descr strat file under data > world > maps > campaign > imperial campaign .. somewhere at the bottom i believe you will find a lot of lines about 2 faction names and positive and or negative numbers and faction standings.. remove those.
    2 In the same folder go to the campaign script and remove the entire section on the one ring and you are done
    3 More difficult, because you would need to edit the victory conditions by adding in each region name.. a lot of work.. especially since what is winning.. Conquering everything is an autowin on it's own, do you really want to go through a lot of hassle just to get to see your video a bit later?

Great thx as for nr 3 I guess not LOL sounds like too much of a hassle is there no way of extending the game time? ie more turns before Game over?
    I watch and Learn

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Great thx as for nr 3 I guess not LOL sounds like too much of a hassle is there no way of extending the game time? ie more turns before Game over?
    Sure. Go to the descr_strat file (C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign) and change the end_date to something much higher. Every year is 12 turns. Be sure to edit with Notepad++ or your campaign will not start!

fantastic Now I have a complete sandbox game with no time limit you guys are the best
    I watch and Learn

fantastic Now I have a complete sandbox game with no time limit you guys are the best
    Have fun playing in the sandbox

oh I always do in this fantastic setting. BTW didn't there use to be a city just north of Bree (I can't remember its name) or was that the extended map?
    I watch and Learn