Thread: Is there any way to mod archery units or their projectiles' accuracy in Rome Total War mods?

Senator

Default Is there any way to mod archery units or their projectiles' accuracy in Rome Total War mods?

I know this is possible in Medieval II mods? Is it possible for Rome Total War mods? If so was considering increasing accuracy for all ranged units for the three elf factions.

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Default Re: Is there any way to mod archery units or their projectiles' accuracy in Rome Total War mods?

Yeah, I think it's a value in descr_projectile_new maybe?
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

Default Re: Is there any way to mod archery units or their projectiles' accuracy in Rome Total War mods?

any progress on this? was planning to do the same

Domesticus

Yes, It is descr_projectile_new.

You have to go in the line "accuracy_vs_units", plus the value is low and accuracy increases.

hmm okay! Ive found the file which you speak of and I see what you mean. However I cant seem to find 'accuracy_vs_units' for projectils other than boulders... Any idea what I am missing? Im looking to make certain units more accurate! Many thanks for your time!

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by uzgob23 View Post
    hmm okay! Ive found the file which you speak of and I see what you mean. However I cant seem to find 'accuracy_vs_units' for projectils other than boulders... Any idea what I am missing? Im looking to make certain units more accurate! Many thanks for your time!

Here's what you do:

1-open export descr_unit.txt: find the units you want, and look at their primary weapons (the primary weapon will be a missile weapon).
    2-open descr_projectile_new.txt: find the missile which share the name, and then look at either "accuracy", "accuracy_vs_units" or "accuracy_vs_buildings". "accuracy" is the generic accuracy, so applies to units and buildings, and you will find that rather than the other two more often.
    3-since you want to make it more accurate, set it so that it's lower than the value you find (so if the accuracy is listed as 0.08, set it to 0.07 or something). A rule for you: if you want to double accuracy, divide the original number by the square root of two.
    4-if the missile is shared by both elf and non-elf units, just create a new missile entry, and add elf to it. you then go back to the export_descr_unit, and change the missiles for the units you want to use the new missiles with the new accuracy.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)