Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [CK2] [Released] Diadochi Kings Mod

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: [Released] Diadochi Kings Mod

New Patch:
    Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    Diadochi Kings 0.1.1 is now released. This patch is not savegame compatible!

This is a patch to maintain compatibility with the current version of Crusader Kings 2.

Diadochi Kings 0.1.1 for CKII v2.1.1
    Mirror 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/17...ings_0.1.1.zip
    Mirror 2: https://mega.co.nz/#!L1RRTSBa!0Y6n7K...4vmLGGzd0MmCzA

Diadochi Kings BLC 0.1.0 for CKII v2.1.1
    BLC is an optional module to Diadochi Kings that changes portrait graphics. Please remove any previous installations of BLC before installing this version!

Mirror 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5m...+BLC+0.1.0.zip
    Mirror 2: https://mega.co.nz/#!r54VHCjD!yO7Z_O...nI9OzgbR5Z9bI0

Installation instructions:
    If you already have an earlier version of DK, delete it.
    Open up the .zip file and place the contents in <Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod.
    If the <mod> folder doesn't exist yet, create it.

For DK BLC, toggle it in the launcher along with DK. DK BLC requires all portrait DLC to be toggled on, otherwise you will experience portrait glitches.
    As for a changelog, I am afraid that due to us switching to a different file managing program, it works a bit differently. I can tell you that the map is now includes the steppes, there are Buddhist events and many things have been rebalanced and tweaked. I will discuss the issue of changelogs with the team to see if we can bring them back.

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    New Patch:

As for a changelog, I am afraid that due to us switching to a different file managing program, it works a bit differently. I can tell you that the map is now includes the steppes, there are Buddhist events and many things have been rebalanced and tweaked. I will discuss the issue of changelogs with the team to see if we can bring them back.
    Okay. I appreciate your effort.

A question, what does BLC do exactly?

It improves how the characters look (new clothes, jewelry etc). It was constructed with medieval character portraits in mind, but the team has implemented some that fit our time period. As for changes, here's two recent dev diaries:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    DevDiary 10: General Changes and improvements

Although we are adding the Steppe in 0.1.0, we haven't just focused on the Steppe. We improved other things as well. These improvements were mainly focused on increasing immersion, usability, as well as balance.

Levies

One thing that really broke the immersion for us was the amount of levies. Historically a greek Polis could raise several thousand troops on its own, but in the mod Antigonus Gonatas (who controls the greater part of Greece) is only able to raise around 1500 troops. We have rectified this by multiplying levies received from buildings by 10.
    The increase in the amount of levies also brought another benefit. You will actually gain very little or even lose money from the upkeep of levies. This makes it so wars are rarely profitable in the short-term, something that is both logical and historical.
    To balance the amount of levies a bit we also introduced penalties based on culture. A province with a culture that is in your group, but not your culture will get the "Allied Culture" modifier, giving -10% levy size. A province with a cultural group that isn't your cultural group will get the "Foreign Culture" modifier, giving -33% levy size.

De Jure Colours

As we were making this patch, we agreed that the colours of many de jure titles weren't what we wanted to be. Other colours were too much alike to each other and especially counties were similar in their colours. With this patch, de jure colours will be more varied and more easily distinguishable.

Laws

We were particularly impressed with the slider style laws Project Balance uses and used these to make our own laws. Now with the 'Emphasis' sliders you are able to set each type of vassal's focus. This can be on either taxation or levies. There is also the 'Obligations' row that defines how much each type of vassal should give you in taxes and levies.
    We changed Crown laws a bit. They no longer increase levies since that is now the function of the "Obligations". They instead define the rights of the vassals. The King's Peace defines if a vassal can declare war. Title Revokation shows if the King can revoke a title. We removed Free Infidel Revokation, Protected Inheritance and Investiture laws because we didn't feel it was relevant to the time period of the mod. Another related change is that everyone is able to appoint generals now, because the game can rarely find enough nobles to lead the armies otherwise.

Population

One thing we were also not happy with was that some very important places that were strong and heavily populated weren't that much stronger to a weaker province. We want to change this through a population system. There are five levels of population: Minimal, Low, Medium, Large and Huge. Medium doesn't give any penalties or benefits. Anything lower than medium receives penalties to levy size and taxes and anything higher than Medium receives benefits. Population will increase and decrease randomly over time, although factors like war and disease will make a population more likely to decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic_Thrash View Post
    DevDiary 11: The Steppe

The major part of this update is the addition of the western steppe region, as well as a system that gives you feeling of actually playing a nomadic realm.

Most of the region was populated by nomadic Iranian tribes. However the Chorasmian kingdom was sedentary (non-nomadic) and was also famous for offering to aid Alexander the Great in a conquest of (Caucasian) Iberia; Alexander graciously turned down the offer. With the exception of the Dahae, the Chorasmians, and the Amyrgians, the tribes of the region followed the Scythian religion.

Furthermore, through the ingenious use of several linguistic sources we have been able to produce authentic reconstructions of Scythian titles for localisation.

De Jure Empires:

De Jure Kingdoms:

De Jure Duchies:

Cultures:

Religions:

Migration

Since nomads rely on pastoralism, they have to move around to give their flocks enough food to survive. This is represented in Diadochi Kings with the migrate decision and province modifiers.
    The capital of a nomadic character represents the current location of his tribe. Supply will gradually decrease at this location and eventually you'll want to migrate to another province. This is done by moving the ruler to a demesne province that borders the capital and enacting the "Migrate" decision.
    Last edited by Hobbes; March 29, 2014 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    It improves how the characters look (new clothes, jewelry etc). It was constructed with medieval character portraits in mind, but the team has implemented some that fit our time period. As for changes, here's two recent dev diaries:

Awesome!
    One problem though.

Populations change too quickly. Especially minor provinces getting High and Huge population out of the blue, some system involving tax income and levies could be implemented to slow it down.

Hi. Mod crashes for me. What DLC do I need to have deactivated (unticked) for it to work?

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

"For DK BLC, toggle it in the launcher along with DK. DK BLC requires all portrait DLC to be toggled on, otherwise you will experience portrait glitches."

Hope this helps.

Nope, done that, still crashes. What other DLCs should I not check?

Just click all the portrait DLCs, and the mod (DK and BLC).

@SuperTechmarine: The population system isn't worked out that much for now. For now, the MTTH for that event is 100 years with some modifiers making it happen quicker when it borders a province with a higher population or if it has a trade post. This is to balance out the high chance of a decreasing population when a province is besieged and/or has an epidemic. I will increase the time needed for the event to happen though.
    @vpapaco: It might be crashing because you are running an incompatible version of the mod on the new patch. Download the newest version and try again.

I love this mod, the latest version however is giving me problems with portraits while using the BLC.

The Thracian and Northern Italian ethnicity characters all have the same face. They can have different hair and beards but same eyes, nose, mouth. I noticed in Ruler Designer when I cycle through eyes they are out of sync and showing lower on the portrait near the shoulder. I have all portrait DLCs. Any ideas?

Well version 0.1.0 works fine as long as I use the older version of CK. Best mod ever!

Please tell me Eumenes is in the game? IfNeoptolemos is present, Eumenes should definitely be!

Default Re: [CK2] [Released] Diadochi Kings Mod

Oi, we got featured on the Paradox Extra channel:

Be sure to visit our thread over at the Paradox forum and download the latest version of Diadochi Kings!
    Last edited by Hobbes; November 02, 2014 at 01:54 AM.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: [CK2] [Released] Diadochi Kings Mod

Is the OP of this thread updated with the latest release? I cannot access it via paradox's forums (and that last link returns an error)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12