Thread: Alliances and diplomacy options.

Default Alliances and diplomacy options.

Hi.
    Does my standing with destroyed faction affect my diplomatic options with the living factions?
    Because I was at war with the Seljuqs of Iraq, who were allied with the Seljuqs of Rum and the Ghurids. When they were destroyed, I found out that I was unable to present the alliance diplomacy option to either the Ghurids or the Seljuqs of Rum, if my standing with the destroyed factions is the problems, how do I reverse it? It's either that or some glitch with the Ghurids, because in my last game I couldn't ally with them or any of their allies, and I wasn't at war with anyone, destroyed or still alive. I play with the Abassid Caliphate, by the way.
    Thank you.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: Alliances and diplomacy options.

Oh, what a nasty bug!

Thanks for reporting, I've just added it to the fix list.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Glad to help in any way possible.

How do you fix this bug?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Trueman. View Post
    Hi.
    Does my standing with destroyed faction affect my diplomatic options with the living factions?
    Because I was at war with the Seljuqs of Iraq, who were allied with the Seljuqs of Rum and the Ghurids. When they were destroyed, I found out that I was unable to present the alliance diplomacy option to either the Ghurids or the Seljuqs of Rum, if my standing with the destroyed factions is the problems, how do I reverse it? It's either that or some glitch with the Ghurids, because in my last game I couldn't ally with them or any of their allies, and I wasn't at war with anyone, destroyed or still alive. I play with the Abassid Caliphate, by the way.
    Thank you.
    AI keeps alliance with dead factions is a bug since RTW. It has nothing to do with your standing. You could add a custom script to reverse the situation (a lot of text editing), but I don't think the mod could just 'fix' the issue.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    How do you fix this bug?
    Isn't there a workaround in that link you posted?

Under the patronage of m_1512

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    AI keeps alliance with dead factions is a bug since RTW. It has nothing to do with your standing. You could add a custom script to reverse the situation (a lot of text editing), but I don't think the mod could just 'fix' the issue.
    A fix doesn't have to necessarily prevent this from happening. I'd guess a script that breaks the faction's alliances with dead factions is possible using the show me how button. Much like the force diplomacy in RTW's EB. I'm not too sure, though, I'm not very tech-savvy.