Page 9 of 73 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Creative Assembly Business Practice Discussion Thread (Rome II)

Default Re: $19 of DLC in less than two months

Company of heroes 2 has about £60 of DLC in what 2-3 months, with more coming.

Most of RTW2's DLC has been free(if you pre-ordered and picked up the Nomads in the week it was free). That only really leaves the Blood and gore where there was no choice, except not to buy.
    As for the Sims and it's poor and rip off expensive DLC.....

I have never minded CA's DLC, so far in the series I don't think they have ever taken the piss(so far that is). It's just unfortunate they have not fixed the game enough yet. Anyway we don't have to buy do we(well some will because they can't stop themselves)

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

the only one I would have to pay is B&G, which I won't pay. I have all the others though

its simple, didn't pre order? get the game on sale with the dlc

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Sun Jetzu's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by blackberryalpha View Post
    Just a thought that crossed my mind. There is already $19 worth of DLC in under two months since release. I don't think I've never seen that much DLC that fast.
    Good math, but you could have gotten all of them (besides blood pack) for free at one point when they offered it.
    If you didnt, then thats your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyeyesreaper View Post
    Correct all I see in the OP is BOO HOO I DIDN"T PRE ORDER, thus you didnt get the Greek City States, and BOO HOO I didn't get off my ass and download the Nomad pack and missed it while it was free.

It seems to be a constant theme in his every thread. We get it you dont like CA, you dont like Rome 2.
    Last edited by Daily; November 02, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
    One Punch Man Series VS My Hero Academia Series - Who's Better?

big_feef's Avatar Ordinarius

$19 worth of DLC is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Some games launch with over $100 worth of DLCs... there was even a recent Steam release, iirc, that had almost $200 worth of DLCs at launch and another $150 worth within 3 months. I don't like the DLC policy of many companies, SEGA/CA included; but that doesn't mean theirs is even close to the worse that the industry has to offer.
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools" - Thucydides

King Xiao's Avatar Senator

Who cares. If you want fantastic content on top of your fantastic cake, then you will buy the dlc.

However, if you don't want more shite on top of the shite they have already delivered, then don't buy it.

Each to their own.

Honestly you'd have to be trying REALLY HARD to waste your money to somehow buy every Rome DLC available.

I'm not interested enough in this game to pre-order, but I'm going to buy the Greek States pack

I'm not interested enough in the game to bother downloading the free content within 1 week, but a week later I choose to buy it.

After all that, what the hell let's buy the Blood and Gore just for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by big_feef View Post
    $19 worth of DLC is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Some games launch with over $100 worth of DLCs... there was even a recent Steam release, iirc, that had almost $200 worth of DLCs at launch and another $150 worth within 3 months. I don't like the DLC policy of many companies, SEGA/CA included; but that doesn't mean theirs is even close to the worse that the industry has to offer.
    Train Simulator, anyone?

This game will get the most support of all TW games,

So what you're telling me is I just got $19 worth of stuff for free? Oh the horror.

Sun Jetzu's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Pee_Alot View Post
    This game will get the most support of all TW games,
    lol that is some funny sarcasm
    One Punch Man Series VS My Hero Academia Series - Who's Better?

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Just a thought that crossed my mind. There is already $19 worth of DLC in under two months since release. I don't think I've never seen that much DLC that fast.
    everything you post is negative if you hate R2 n ca so much, why are you still here? just to spread hate? geeez, do something else with your time.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Do you own an Xbox? Season passes are pretty common now days.

priam11's Avatar Campidoctor
    Toronto-Home of the crack smokin Robbie Ford

EU IV has 5 for a total of $25.95. What is the point of this thread?

In other news, the forecast for tonight is Dark
    "Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.
    Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
    -George Carlin

baptistus's Avatar Senator

As priam11 said:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/236850

time to close this thread ....

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by priam11 View Post
    EU IV has 5 for a total of $25.95. What is the point of this thread?

In other news, the forecast for tonight is Dark
    EU IV didn't cost 60 bucks, get manipulated for an initially high meta-critic score and then deliver total crap to its fans, go into emergency damage control as even most of its praise was taken back and then sit on life support with a plummeting meta-critic score and dismal player retention.

Their marketing department is still in forced march, but their public relations strategy is hemorrhaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    EU IV didn't cost 60 bucks, get manipulated for an initially high meta-critic score and then deliver total crap to its fans, go into emergency damage control as even most of its praise was taken back and then sit on life support with a plummeting meta-critic score and dismal player retention.

Their marketing department is still in forced march, but their public relations strategy is hemorrhaging.
    That fantasy world you live in must be pretty bleak. All we see out here is Rome 2 being pretty successful. This sub-section may not like it, but that doesn't seem surprising in its history of TW.

King Xiao's Avatar Senator

kirsslanza, would you please write a detailed review of Rome2, would be a great read.

Quote Originally Posted by King Xiao View Post
    kirsslanza, would you please write a detailed review of Rome2, would be a great read.
    I don't really see why I'd need too. I'm not a critic, my own word holds no value whatsoever.
    Not to mention, even if I did, it'd just get torn up and stomped on by this sub-forum regardless of what it actually said.

The real question is why some DLC are free, but others are not.

Why was Pontus free from Day 1, but the Greek City States required a pre-order or the obvious payment? They were both completed before release date; why not release both for free, or even better, include them as part of the base game?

Why were the Seleucids, which was clearly unfinished at release and required extensive work to complete (due to variety of unit skins, coding and whatnot) released free with a patch, but the Nomads, who are essentially carbon copies of each other, require us to pay for it now?

priam11's Avatar Campidoctor
    Toronto-Home of the crack smokin Robbie Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post

Irrelevant. The topic is about the costs and number of dlc released in a few months not the price of the game. Try again.
    "Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.
    Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
    -George Carlin