Thread: Creating Large Alliances In This Mod, Can You Do It Editing The Files?

Icon5 Creating Large Alliances In This Mod, Can You Do It Editing The Files?

I am already playing my campaign but would it be possible to edit the text files for the mod to disable diplomacy and enable a permanent alliance between specific factions? I am Romuli and I want a permanent Alliance with all the Chivalry Christian Factions and the Renaissance Christian factions, I want them all to be in one alliance. As for my enemies, all the Barbarian Pagan factions can be in an alliance and the Native ones to along with all of the Islamic factions being in an alliance. I don't know who the Uruks would be allied with, they seem a little unique.

Would this be possible to do even though I am already playing a campaign?

Default Re: Creating Large Alliances In This Mod, Can You Do It Editing The Files?

Actually it would not be balanced since there is mostly christian factions and factions of a similar culture never end up having wars with each other anyway and are often Neutral or in an alliance with each other.

Default Re: Creating Large Alliances In This Mod, Can You Do It Editing The Files?

Yes, choosing who is allied with whom can be done by modding files. I don't know how, but you can try asking in the mod workshop.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign -> descr_strat.txt

Search for "faction_relationships".

Then you can do what Archaon did for his Loyal Allies Mod and remove the ability to attack an allied faction as well as require a diplomat to end an alliance.