Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your finest RTW moments

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Default Your finest RTW moments

Post your finest RTW moments here... Here's mine so far....

Faction: Numidia

Setting: hard/hard

year: 252 BC.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Goddess Tanit smote Cirta with an earthquake decimating the two Roman stacks coming to wipe all traces of Numidia from existence. {All the Roman units were halfed in size.} My jav cav and desert infantry sallied forth from the city and sent the invaders to the firey depths of oblivion. The Goddess did indeed protect her children from harm, but at a price....

6,000 citizens killed and all my units suffered 30% attrition.

All in all though,... excellent timing by the Goddess....

Tag, your it!.....
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Your finest RTW moments

Faction: The house of scippi.
    Had two units of numidian cavalry,The ones who throw spears,Fighting in Spain trying to outpace the other Roman families,And the Egyptians who had conquered all of nearly all Africa,i was bogged down by Scythia. There were 3 Spanish settlements. They were all mine quite soon enough.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Wow... you took three settlements with two units of these little buggers? Now that's impressive....

+Rep:
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

ImperialAquila's Avatar Domesticus

The jumping man glitch. Watching him go up and down like he was bungee jumping used to give me a lot of lols.

On a more serious note, one of my finest moments was when I was defending a settlement against the Parthians. I was Rome (Julii) and I successfully defended the city against two stacks using my small garrison (A governor plus 2 archer units). I used my general and the baiting tactic to lure them near the walls to be shot down by my archers. Heroic victory with no losses.

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Faction: Gaul
    Armies: Eporedorix vs. Senate Army
    Result: Clear victory

I beat the Senate army for the first time there with Eporedorix, a barbarian cavalry, two spear warbands, six chosen swordsmen warbands, and ten swordsmen bands. It was a classic real-life battle that resembles the Battle of Ananulzibar quite a bit. I pushed them out of the river, their five generals charged, and pushed me back to the river, we both fought with no reserves, the enemy generals died, I couldn't chase the survivors, and all that. EPIC. I wrote about it in detail somewhere. . . .
    Read the latest TWC Content and check out the Wiki!
    ---
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement

I didn't play vanilla much, switched to mods quite early. So these are some moments from mods:

1. Mod-XGM. My army, led by faction heir, sent to pacify Thracians, was attacked and surrounded by three enemy stacks. Vastly outnumbered, I took up defensive position with phalanx and took cavalry to engage enemy on the move. Result...most casualties caused by one unit I've ever seen, and destruction of large portion of Thracian military.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2. Mod-XC. Pontic campaign. The whole early campaign qualifies, often fighting Argyraspid Phalangitai with just levy troops and kicking Seleucids out of Asia Minor. But most intense part came after that. I sent an army to take Cyrenaica to secure a base from which I could launch an invasion into Egypt. But it turned out that Carthage has interest in that area, and shortly after taking the city, my invasion army, reinforced by some mercenaries, had to fight series of major battles against Carthaginian armies. After a series of five heroic victories in row within few years, Carthage seemed to run out of steam and armies to throw on me.

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

My finest RTW moment is forming lines of phalanxes just to win a freaking battle.

Faction: Armenia
    One of my starting towns was under siege by Scythia. Pontus also sent armies in as reinforcements. My reinforcements couldn't arrive in time for them to start the assault.
    During the assault, my town was surrounded on 3 sides. Very small ally:enemy strength ratio despite my large army of horse archers and a few light infantry.
    Put all of my men in the center except for one cavalry archer unit. Battle started, the harassment unit died, and they rammed into all of my walls. Once they tried to take the plaza, I shot them until most of the Pontus army was routing. 4 enemy generals (one of them a king) dead. Continued the battle to the very end to kill off the routing soldiers.

Actually… This. I was defending with Armenia. They had nothing long-ranged.

fighting of a massive roman army of 5000 . I was the greeks in sicliy with 1 spartan hoplites and 1 militia and my heir.....Heroic VICTORY

*quietly hears peapole are talking so she joins also* i..umm..like the.t..t.time i..d..defetead senate..a..as the.s..s.cipii *looks nervously around hoping nopony is angry at her*

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Definitely one of my proudest moments to defeat the Senate Army.

But can you do it as the Gauls? They are like the ancestors of France.
    Read the latest TWC Content and check out the Wiki!
    ---
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

My best moment was in XC-mod when I took 4 cities with an unit of Scythed Chariots as Pontus. The modders are now working to nerf this

I was Armenia holding off Selucia (which I had captured and exterminated to punish those idiots for surprise-breaking the alliance and capturing one of my tiny villages) from the Selucids.

Those rampaging chariots are trying to get out of the gate. Everyone else is trying to get in. Will it blend? Yes.

@Morshu9001
    If I were you I would make an AAR

Faction: Greek CitiesSetting: Medium/MediumSo I was in Rome with 2 of my family members and my faction leader with a full stacks containing Spartan Hoplites, Armored Hoplites, Archers, Greek Cavalry and 2 Onagers each. One family member had to go back to Capua and retrain his army because he suffered severe losses while taking Rome. I had defeated the Senate, the House of Brutii and the House of Scipii. When suddenly, I press end turn and shabam! My faction leader and one of my family members were surrounded by freaking four stacks of post-Marius legionaries. I did my usual tactics and formations. Hoplites on the front, archers on the back and cavalry on the sides even though we were surrounded. I press end deployment and reinforcements were delayed! I thought I was screwed for sure! Nevertheless, I continued with the battle. I used my cavalry to weaken the legionaries and I succeeded a little bit. I was forced to return my cavalry back to the lines when the Praetorian cavalry started to chase me. All of the Julii armies attacked my phalanxes! Luckily, I suffered tons of casualties but I managed to rout 2 armies. The battle wasn't over yet, though. There were still two remaining armies and my army was heavily beaten up. All hope was lost! But then, THE REINFORCEMENTS CAME! We started to rout units until the battle was done. I suffered 300-400 (more or less) casualties but managed to drive away four armies. It was a miracle indeed! (This was unmodded btw-battle was done a year ago but I still remember it a lil bit)

I had just 4 hillmen before that Pontic Heavy Cavalry unit charged in. 3 of them turned out to be clones of Chuck Norris.

Last edited by Morshu9001; October 17, 2013 at 04:09 PM.

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Playing as the Seleucids, I was defending Seleucia against a combined Parthian-Egyptian siege with just 500 militia hoplites against 3000 men. I lost 17 men and completely crushed the enemy.
    Last edited by Grymloq; October 18, 2013 at 09:08 AM.

King_of_Spoons64's Avatar Civis

fighting a total of five hunnic stacks in one battle as the eastern roman empire.

its not my greatest moment (ive played since 2000 with Shogun so ive had too many to remember) but my favorite sight in the game is seeing a chariot faction attack through a bridge. nothing beats seeing the egyptian hordes lose half of their army... to water related death because the chariots charge them out of their way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast