Thread: Appropriating the units of Makuria and other factions

Default Appropriating the units of Makuria and other factions

I'm in a bit of a quandry with my submod for Stainless Steel 6.4/Byg's Grim Reality V - I don't really have any decent unique units for the Hafsid faction that I wish to incorporate into the campaign. I'm no modeller, so creating entirely new units is not an option (currently at the least), and it would increase the workload for a one man band.

That said, I was wondering about appropriating some of the units of Makuria and other factions for the Hafsid roster, but for it to work it has to look like it works in the first place. I can't find any decent information online about the Hafsid military, and I'm not sure how easily accessible any books will be from my local libraries in the West Midlands. So, I don't have overly much to go on.

If anyone is able to point me in the right direction, or if anyone has any ideas on what might work from Broken Crescent and is also allowed for use in other mods, it would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Appropriating the units of Makuria and other factions

If you don't release it, you don't need permission.

Default Re: Appropriating the units of Makuria and other factions

I've done my research on which units from BC other modders are permitted to use in mods they wish to release, but my main issue is which units might be most appropriate to use for the Hafsids since I'm no modeller (that's what I mean by appropriating the units - using them for a faction not in BC).
    Last edited by Kaidonni; September 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM.