Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.6 (Updated Oct. 29th) - (Eastern/Greek/Egyptian Ancillary Overhaul + New Trait Portraits) - Patch 5/Nomad DLC Compatible

Default Re: Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies (TTT) - A Character Mod Overhaul

Your mod is the most thorough mod of all the R2 mods.

Hellbent's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.6 (Updated Oct. 29th) - (Eastern/Greek/Egyptian Ancillary Overhaul + New Trait Portraits) - Patch 5/Nomad DLC Compatible

Hey all, thanks for all the support and sorry for being MIA these past few days. Real-life issues have cropped up that needed to be dealt with so I was left with little time to reply to your feedback.

Thanks to Dresden for replying and holding down the fort. I'll try to add a bit more information to some of the questions below:

Quote Originally Posted by izanagi11 View Post
    Hi guys, I just finished a legendary campaign using your mod along with STIM and I believe your mod has an unintentional side effect on battle abilities. Out of some 50s generals/admirals I had around only 7 to 9 of them had a stat above or equal to 10 and the max stat(auth) I knew for sure was 13. I know in vanilla I had quite a few generals/admirals in high teens/low twenties. From the game fields, I know from the vanilla the battlefield abilities are gained was based on 40 stat value. Would you guys consider modding that to fit something more to your scale?
    Hi izanagi11,

Balancing issues is certainly always a concern. I initially only tied the last tier of each skill to have +1 attribute because I figured TTT has more skills than vanilla so I wanted to scale it down. If what you're saying is the case, then I can certainly add more attribute bonuses to some of the skills. In particular, I'm thinking of adding more bonuses to levels 2 and 3 of the "red" skill cards.

Would anyone happen to have a list of attribute numbers corresponding to unlocking battle abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Xubarku View Post
    Some suggestions. At least one is almost certainly impossible, some might be rubbish, but throwing them on the table anyway.

You mention cognomens. On a similar note, have you seen any way to alter general names? It'd be great if appropriate family surnames were given. For instance, Hannibal becomes Hannibal Barca and generals not from a family/dynasty were randomly assigned a surname from a faction specific pool of names. This was done for the Roman families, but CA apparently got busy (or something) and it wasn't implemented for any other factions. Kind of disappointing.

I don't know why, but I really missed having generals become governors. This is definitely one of my favorite parts of TTT. The exp feels a little slow, though. Could having "Capable Bureaucrat" and/or "Rightful Sovereign" give an additional exp point per turn? Or maybe some of the deeper skills, like “Master of Statecraft” or “City Governor”? It's something that would give dedicated governors an edge, leveling wise, over a defensive general garrisoned in a city.

A controversial suggestion, but would you consider making the first level of Night Commander require, I dunno, rank four or something? I know it's easy to get in vanilla, too, but Night Attack just seems... too easily accessible for being such an OP game changer.

Army traditions. Any plans to touch these? Historically, a lot of peacetime armies were often put to work as workers under engineers. It might be interesting to add a fourth category for the traditions which focuses on civil matters. Bonuses that reduce building costs in the local province, increase growth, decrease disorder from foreign culture, maybe increase order from military presence, or whatever else sounds good. (You can reduce built time for cities, can you for buildings as well?) In short, an army that can facilitate the construction of local infrastructure and speed up the transition from unruly frontier to a respectable province.

All that said, amazing work you've done. I think you're the first person to create an indisputable must-have mod for Rome 2. I can't imagine ever not using this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappy View Post
    @Xubarku While it doesn't mean much, for the record, I like your ideas Particularly the night commander one I think is important to keep in mind. Also, with regards to army traditions...I don't know how moddable they are, but I personally find the system to be monotonous and boring in vanilla. I feel like there is so much potential depth with the system, but I haven't seen it. I think if TTT gets to the point where the characters feel pretty good, it would be worth taking a look at the army traditions.

@Izanagi11 I've found the same thing, with it being pretty difficult to get high levels of zeal/authority/cunning. Would it somehow be possible to get make some skills add more towards those stats. In vanilla, it did get a little ridiculous with how high the stats could get, but with TTT it feels a little bit on the lower side of perfect. Like if maxed out skills could give 2 points, or if there were a few more skills could give a weak effect in addition to the stat boost, would be cool imo.
    Hi Xubarku, Crappy,

1) On names: unfortunately, it's an engine limitation that we cannot change character names in-game through traits/skills. Why CA went for this inferior system compared to Rome I/M2TW's excellent nickname system, I will never know.

As a side note, I had some partial success in having all the Roman characters show only Julii, Junii, and Cornelii for their last names by deleting every other last name in the DB files. The problem is, there's no way to assign which last names go to which family, so you end up with Julii characters spawning for other families, etc. So I decided to scrap it.

2) On Governor XP: do people feel it's really slow? The new dynamic system has a +1 flat XP rate, but there is also the possibility of +1 XP for having >25 public order in a settlement, as well as another +1 global bonus for governors' XP if the taxes are set to very high (second to the highest). Essentially, I envisioned it so novice governors will start off slowly with +1 XP per turn, but with the proper skillset, could potentially gain +3 XP per turn. So in way, your "more-XP-tied-to-skills-for-governors" idea is indirectly already in. I feel like this is a nice balance between the passive do-nothing XP pre-1.5, but I'm open to tweaking it if enough people say so.

3) On Night Commander: I don't feel it's controversial at all. I might move the ability itself to either level 2 or 3 to make it less OP, and have the lower tiers provide ambush bonuses instead or something.

4) Army Traditions: I like your idea about a sort-of "civil" tree for the army traditions. Aside from adding flavor, I really don't wanna mess with the bonus values too much because unlike generals' skills, these are essentially permanent. So the lower values suits the function.

All in all, thank you for the feedback. Users like you are what makes TTT great!

Quote Originally Posted by Kruik View Post
    This is driving me absolutely crazy, and is making the Parthia campaign nigh unplayable. I'm a firm believer in creating realistic personalities in these kinds of games, and it's driving me nuts that when playing as Parthia, Arsaces almost ALWAYS gets keen as one of his three traits. As if every time, he goes insane with bloodlust. Keen as Parthia and Shieldbiter as any barbarian faction are spammed much too often and occur for too random of reasons. Sure, the bonus attribute is nice, but I'd rather have someone who's not crazy as my leader. Any way you can fix the MTTH for these traits?
    Hi Kruik,

I agree with your ideas. It was one of the recent patches, but apparently a lot of the starting characters have "default" traits that they start with now. An annoying example is the Lucius Cursor (sp?) from the Roman statesman family that ALWAYS starts out with the alcoholic trait every game.

If I remember correctly, Dresden has devised a way to edit starting traits for characters. If it works out, I'd like to provide a historical starting traits for the historical characters like Arsaces.

Also, another issue is the trait triggers. I've begun slightly tweaking the more annoying ones that always pop-up like the "Likes X faction" and "Loyal" traits for Rome, but we're still in the ancillary overhaul phase as of now. Once we get to the traits overhaul proper, we can start fixing all of those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Butan View Post
    Your mod is the most thorough mod of all the R2 mods.
    Thank you Butan. Much appreciated.

Senator

Default Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.6 (Updated Oct. 29th) - (Eastern/Greek/Egyptian Ancillary Overhaul + New Trait Portraits) - Patch 5/Nomad DLC Compatible

Will this mod work with Dresden's Hegemonia mod's 4 turns per year version? Or is there any way to make it work with it?

Yes this will work with my Hegemonia mod. I just updated it, should be more stable now. If it isn't please let me know.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I have to say thanks to Hellbent for this amazing mod, an absolute must have in my opinion, along with Dresden's mods and Silven's
    Do you need any help in your work by the way? If I can contribute in a way or another, let me know

All link not working !! I can't download the mod!

Make sure you use the download links Under "File Links"

Mod version:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2d...TT_1.6_MOD.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Dzib View Post
    I have to say thanks to Hellbent for this amazing mod, an absolute must have in my opinion, along with Dresden's mods and Silven's
    Do you need any help in your work by the way? If I can contribute in a way or another, let me know
    Hi Dzib,

Thanks for the kind words!

As far as help goes, nobody has answered my request here on post #433 yet. It would be great if you could supply that for TTT!

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaton The Great View Post
    All link not working !! I can't download the mod!
    If the links here aren't working for you, I recommend using the Steam version. It's a one-click wonder.

Also, congratulations to Dresden for his new and shiny Artifex badge! Well deserved!

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post

Beautiful... And even before you overhauled the graphical quality of your cards, it was a very nice gameplay addition.

I repeat myself but I really enjoy the mod and all the though you had to put in to give us so much cards-type background and bonus.

I wish there was a way to have a family tree as easily as that...

Beautiful picture!

I just realized there's a vanilla card in that pic. It's "Tribune of the Plebs"

I just realized there's a vanilla card in that pic. It's "Tribune of the Plebs"
    Thank you Newt, +rep!

Is this an old save? I thought I'd already fixed the image for Tribune of the Plebs...

Nope, it's my current campaign, started on Nov. 1st. I'm pretty sure that's after your last update.

Here's some shots of a governor and admiral too. Also shadows turned on.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=193095853
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=193095841
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=193095835

Also, Scipio is at level 5, and he's never fought a battle. I say leave the experience the way it is. Playing 2tpy, btw.
    Last edited by newt; November 08, 2013 at 08:33 AM.

@newt Awesome pictures! Thanks for posting them.

Don't know if you already used this guy or not, but you should!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIMGmbbx37A

@newt I believe he might already be in somewhere, but I also just used him for a propaganda ancillary in the next update. That guy is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    Would anyone happen to have a list of attribute numbers corresponding to unlocking battle abilities?

• Attribute Level 4 > Inspire / Second Wind / War Cry
    • Attribute Level 7 > Rally / Battle Rhythm / Fear Group
    • Attribute Level 10 > Rally and Inspire / Brace / Fear
    • Attribute Level 13 > Raise Banner / Push / Into the Breach
    • Attribute Level 16 > Inspire Group / Second Wind Group / War Cry Group

*I wish Stand and fight was in the game *

Can be found in Campaign_character_attribute_effects. From playing your mod, I feel a small buff for attribute advancement would go nice. Nothing too large.

hmm, i'm still not getting household stuff for arverni. i saw this mentioned earlier in the thread, but guess it was never fixed?
    i love www.twcenter.net, formerly known as www.kidswhocantreadgood.com

Ravos's Avatar Foederatus

I just want to say that your mod is amazing and has given life to a very bland trait system. I love that I can really specialize my generals. Keep up the great work!