Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16415657585960616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1362

Thread: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 20.11.2014) - Patch 16 DLC

Default Re: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 18.09.2014) - Patch 16 or v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Viking1978 View Post
    Hi there!

First of all, I really like this mod and know the amount of work it takes to unlock a faction decently. Great job! I successfully unlocked some factions myself (partly thanks to this project). On the way I found out some things that can be interesting. Things that I have not found in any faction mod. Maybe you are aware of the mechanics, I don't know:

- some missing text bits like the amount of senators & percentages in political actions can be added by editing mod_factions.loc. (The amount of senators must be filled in editing factions_tables, the last column as you probably figured out.) Now that there is a politics system that is more to be reckoned with these percentages can be handy

- if you want your faction to have dilemmas, missions, incidents, you can add them by copying the missions of a similar faction in cdir_events_mission_option_junctions and campaign_subject_faction_restriction_junctions.

- I did not succeed in unlocking or transferring the greater faction missions, I think that is partly in the script, linked to the opening dialogue and edited with some 'mission manager,' (cf start_pos) but victory conditions I have successfully added by duplicating those of similar factions in the main_rome start_pos and altering if necessary. By similar factions I mean: Suebi~Gutones / Nervii~Treverii.

Of course, this is purely informative and I am sure you are aware of some of these things. It is a lot of work to add everything to your mod and I am not sure it is your intention, but on the other hand, this info can be interesting and if not for your mod, maybe for others who look for info. So I have added some examples below - cheers!

which factions have you unlocked can u share with us?

Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Default Re: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 18.09.2014) - Patch 16 or v2.0

Can any of these new factions have a civil war?

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Viking1978 View Post
    Hi there!

First of all, I really like this mod and know the amount of work it takes to unlock a faction decently. Great job! I successfully unlocked some factions myself (partly thanks to this project). On the way I found out some things that can be interesting. Things that I have not found in any faction mod. Maybe you are aware of the mechanics, I don't know:

- some missing text bits like the amount of senators & percentages in political actions can be added by editing mod_factions.loc. (The amount of senators must be filled in editing factions_tables, the last column as you probably figured out.) Now that there is a politics system that is more to be reckoned with these percentages can be handy

- if you want your faction to have dilemmas, missions, incidents, you can add them by copying the missions of a similar faction in cdir_events_mission_option_junctions and campaign_subject_faction_restriction_junctions.

- I did not succeed in unlocking or transferring the greater faction missions, I think that is partly in the script, linked to the opening dialogue and edited with some 'mission manager,' (cf start_pos) but victory conditions I have successfully added by duplicating those of similar factions in the main_rome start_pos and altering if necessary. By similar factions I mean: Suebi~Gutones / Nervii~Treverii.

Of course, this is purely informative and I am sure you are aware of some of these things. It is a lot of work to add everything to your mod and I am not sure it is your intention, but on the other hand, this info can be interesting and if not for your mod, maybe for others who look for info. So I have added some examples below - cheers!
    I knew most, but it is just too much work. I'm lazy. I rather use my free time on gaming than modding. Victory conditions are in the game, it just I dont have it setup for the campaign selection screen (going back to I'm lazy).

Quote Originally Posted by David Stark View Post
    Can you re-add Syracuse in the next update? I can't get it and it is quite important.
    No, I will not. You have to respect CA decision, wait till steam sales and go buy HatG if you want to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by dawidkasza2000 View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm new to this forum, Rome total war modding etc. but i have a need that I cannot fulfill myself therefore can someone make me a cas. unit file for RTW that will be Papal guards from AC:Brotherhood cinematic trailer? ||
    |
    v
    Sorry, I suggest you read up in PFM and learn to mod. There is medieval mod I would start there to see if you can piece together some of the parts for the unit you want. Else ask for help in in the modeling and graphics under the workshop. That is the best place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenTotalWar View Post
    Can any of these new factions have a civil war?
    No, for to have a civil war faction you have to create a new faction from the modkit. I dont want to deal with the modkit and besides I'm in maintenance mode.
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

@Viking1978

Yeah, actually you know probably as much as I in this matter. I'm rather clueless on ESF modding. I know enough to scrape by and maintain the mod, but not push boundaries. But certainly, if you have time, we can try and cover the campaign selection mission information. However, anything more added is more maintenance for poor ole Izzy here lawls

@David Stark
    Since Syracuse is part of CA HatG DLC, we cannot cover any DLC faction, we only over all non-DLC factions. Many non-DLC factions tend with time to get DLC-fied.

@dawidkasza2000
    Yes, just like Izanagi said, your best bet is to look at the Medieval Mod, and either request them, or figure out yourself. Actually, I'm currently in the process of figuring out how they did it. I mean I sort of know the pipeline by Empire's standards, but they were able to port into Rome 2. And like Izanagi, I really hate dealing with CA's Assembly Kit... I much prefer working exclusively in PFM, but that's not a reality when you want to import mesh models. I just find CA's way of constructing a mod not MODULAR... more linear, can't just open up and extract, have to go by their railtrack, so to speak.

@Darren
    Yeah, just like I've stated in Steam chat, no new faction has a civil war faction. This would essentially double the amount of factions we'd have to cover. And Izzy is on maintenance mode. I'm still in creative mode and MAY do it sometime. however, If I do it, then it ends up being EVEN MOAR maintenance work for poor ole Izzy again haha. I don't mind it since I'm largely not maintaining the mod, just introducing new content and now largely finished with faction traits for Grand Campaign, which was the goal.

I am thinking of covering IA campaign at least, and later HatG and CiG, but I'm sure Izzy wouldn't like the added maintenance.

excuse me,no 8 turns per year?

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

A little detail that needs changed: Bithynia and Cappadocia both have in the startpos file the hellenic religion, but it should be eastern.

One more detail to change : I have play with Garamantes in "African Empire". Their religion is "Desert Nomad" but their batiment give "oriental" religion.

Sorry for my english, i'm french.

How come there is no Lusitani under Iberian Tribes?

14182's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Northman75 View Post
    A little detail that needs changed: Bithynia and Cappadocia both have in the startpos file the hellenic religion, but it should be eastern.
    I believe those are intentional. They are Hellenistic Easterners since the very early versions of the mod. It may give trouble on PO management, but it also provides spectacular challenge and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by FlooZ View Post
    One more detail to change : I have play with Garamantes in "African Empire". Their religion is "Desert Nomad" but their batiment give "oriental" religion.

Sorry for my english, i'm french.
    It's CA problem. They never give proper building chains to the Africans and Arabians since Day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    How come there is no Lusitani under Iberian Tribes?
    Lusitani is a DLC faction. You have to pay CA before you can enjoy playing as Lusitani.
    "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first."

Arrigo Sacchi

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Hi guys, I've updated the mod to the new DLC changes. Time to go back to playing DA:Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by 14182 View Post
    I believe those are intentional. They are Hellenistic Easterners since the very early versions of the mod. It may give trouble on PO management, but it also provides spectacular challenge and experience.

It's CA problem. They never give proper building chains to the Africans and Arabians since Day 1.

Lusitani is a DLC faction. You have to pay CA before you can enjoy playing as Lusitani.

Thx for helping out.
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

14182's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by izanagi11 View Post
    Hi guys, I've updated the mod to the new DLC changes. Time to go back to playing DA:Inquisition.

Thx for helping out.
    You are welcome! Thank you for the prompt update.

Enjoy your game.
    "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first."

Arrigo Sacchi

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

[QUOTE=14182;14214708]I believe those are intentional. They are Hellenistic Easterners since the very early versions of the mod. It may give trouble on PO management, but it also provides spectacular challenge and experience.

But that makes gameplaywise abolute no sense. Bithynia is listed under eastern factions, their temples, and that point is important, give eastern culture improvement, but their own culture is hellenistic. So the point is that they spread a culture they dont have!!! I cant believe that this should be intentional, it makes no sense i my eyes, the culture of a faction and the culture their temples spread should/must be the same.

Hi,new update is incomplete. Lost Black Sea Factions in Grand campaign. No more Crimmea, Pergamon and Colchis. Custom battles is OK. Please fix your mod. Thanks.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by holanderhudson View Post
    Hi,new update is incomplete. Lost Black Sea Factions in Grand campaign. No more Crimmea, Pergamon and Colchis. Custom battles is OK. Please fix your mod. Thanks.
    Have you purchased the DLC?? that is probably the reason why they dont appear

14182's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Northman75 View Post
    But that makes gameplaywise abolute no sense. Bithynia is listed under eastern factions, their temples, and that point is important, give eastern culture improvement, but their own culture is hellenistic. So the point is that they spread a culture they dont have!!! I cant believe that this should be intentional, it makes no sense i my eyes, the culture of a faction and the culture their temples spread should/must be the same.
    There were always some tribes ruled by a foreign king or some foreign culture enthusiasts in the history.

I see these 2 factions as some Greeks who are ruled by some Eastern kings. Actually it would be cool to see if some of the romanized Gauls and fellow barbarians get Latin as their religions.

Arrigo Sacchi

Yes i have new DLC
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Have you purchased the DLC?? that is probably the reason why they dont appear

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by holanderhudson View Post
    Yes i have new DLC
    Actually its mentioned in the first post that the DLC has been removed

Why ? Azarvakhsh playing DAInquisition fixed it http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...htext=playable
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Actually its mentioned in the first post that the DLC has been removed

Its OK! Thanks . The Black Sea Colonies is back . Good job!!!

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by 14182 View Post
    There were always some tribes ruled by a foreign king or some foreign culture enthusiasts in the history.

I see these 2 factions as some Greeks who are ruled by some Eastern kings. Actually it would be cool to see if some of the romanized Gauls and fellow barbarians get Latin as their religions.
    Thanks for answering, but it still doesnt make sense to me from a gameplay point of view. So Bithynia actually cant use (or shouldnt, because otherwise unrest increase because of increasing wrong culture) the whole temples chain. This maybe historically correct with these different cultures, but still not implementable in my eyes, it ruins a lot of the game for this faction. I can fully understand, what you mean, but its a really stupid way of implementing this (IF its intentional), so when I start I campaign with Bithynia, I just change the culture to eastern by myself in the startpos.