Thread: The Lower house

Default The Lower house

Couls someone explain the point of this forum? We have already had a discussion on whether even quotes from Civitates should reach the Curia, and now we give them what is to be a twin of the Prothalamous for Civitates. Wasn't the point in the reforms to seperate Civitates from the politics of the Curia, or am I missing the point completly?

Default Re: The Lower house

It's in the Syntagma...

Quote Originally Posted by Syntagma
    A section is also to be used for the proposal and discussion of legislation, though no votes may take place on these proposals. Any legislative proposals found here need to be sponsored by a Patrician through the Curia in order to become officially recognised.

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

The aim was to reduce thir links and dependance upon it, this will do that, and allow people like Mudd to shine while others do not feel obliged to take part.

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

You could just pop in and have a look, there are clues liberally sprinkled around, for example, here, or here (especially post 10, which refers to it at the very end). I could also point to this thread, H&G, in post 2, explains it rather well.

King Henry V's Avatar Behold your King

The difference now is that civitates don't actually have any power, all they can do is make suggestions. They cannot ask for their proposals to be moved to a vote, nor can they vote.
    Vassal of the most puissant Sheriff, imb39
    Suzerain of the valorous Castellan, scottishranger and of the preux Knight and Master Crafstman Atterdag

Former Editor of the Helios, Councillor of the Concilium de Civitate and Councillor of Peace.
    "Quatscht Studium, Verbindung ist die Hauptsache!" Heinrich Mann, Der Untertan
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" Lord Byron

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

Yes, but it also provides a route for those who wish to get invovled in that side of things. I can almost certainly guarantee that this will be a highly obvious route and will be a source of new Patricians.

Quote Originally Posted by King Henry V
    The difference now is that civitates don't actually have any power, all they can do is make suggestions. They cannot ask for their proposals to be moved to a vote, nor can they vote.
    I think it's still very useful and I think they still do have some power.

If you see a good proposal or legislation there, wouldn't you think about sponsoring it and bringing it forth to the Curia? The Civitates might not have a direct input regarding the ongoings of the Curia, but they sure do have a major method of indirectly getting legislation and proposals in here.

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

I've already sponsored a Bill from the Symposium into the Curia...

Aemilianus's Avatar Imperial Legate

I think that's a good idea as well. It seems to be to be more of a "Patrician training ground" of some kind, which works well and will help the CdC find people.
    Under the honorable patronage of Kscott
    University of Maryland Class of 2007
    "Who would have known of Hector, if Troy had been happy? The road to valor is built by adversity." -Ovid

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

also, I would much rather have an open and above board route through which Civitates can present ideas and seek for Patricians to sponsor their proposals.

If we didn't have this, all that would hapen is that people would do it a lot less openly (or at least I would have if I was a civitate )

and as imb says, it is a very good way to spot potential future Patricians.
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

Quote Originally Posted by Tacticalwithdrawal
    and as imb says, it is a very good way to spot potential future Patricians.
    Exactly.

Also it can never hurt to have more opinions on certain issues. There are a lot of remarkably bright civitates capable of providing valuable input. To silence them would be a crime against every member of this site.

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

I think the area will prove to be a valuable voice for those of us here to see a wider spectrum of voices. Also is will serve as a place for potential patricians to shine so they may join us here. Though time will be the true judge of what all these changes have done.
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso
    I think the area will prove to be a valuable voice for those of us here to see a wider spectrum of voices. Also is will serve as a place for potential patricians to shine so they may join us here. Though time will be the true judge of what all these changes have done.
    As always, I agree with my honorable patron!

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Yay! People get why i added that into the Syntagma.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.