Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1283

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Default Re: The Great War 5.0 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

works fine for me. only prob is the brits have Spanish voices

I started playing as the British on Easy, and encountered the following bugs (not crashes)

1. Several turns in, after I moved some cargo ships to one of the trade spots, trading suddenly started generating HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS every turn. Eventually, I got an "imminent bankruptcy" notice, presumably because of an overflow on the counter. Even after the bankruptcy, I would still have several hundred thousand, with millions more being added every turn.

2. I don't seem to have the ability to decline an attack after initiating it, or even after being given the "option" to ambush. Instead, the button for "decline attack" is grayed out. Is this intentional, or a bug?

3. This may perhaps be a bug with the underlying Napoleon: Total War, but morale in the battles sometimes seems a bit odd. During one battle against Germany, I outnumbered my foe, and had comparable units. I killed his general and inflicted heavy losses while taking almost none myself. All but a couple of his units were routing, while mine were all green and I had plenty of time left on the clock, when suddenly all my units turned tail and ran, losing the battle for me. Again, that one may be an issue with the underlying game, as I have encountered oddities with the morale system before, but usually not on Easy difficulty.

I am not running any other mods for Napoleon Total War, and I do have a legitimate, up-to-date, Steam copy. I hope these issues are able to be resolved, as the mod looks to be very interesting.

Thank you for your time.

Default Re: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Purio View Post
    All works fine with TGW 5.1.4 But my Tanks are are Melee Men. With the TGW5 pack file from Version 5.1.2 i can in Campaign Tanks play as Tank, not as Cavaleri.
    Nobody know how can i fix this in 5.1.4 Files ?
    PROBLEM SOLVED. I changed the unit size in the Units stats land to 20. Now works fine. (File Pack Manager 1.5.9 works without errors)
    ....and dont read if you a admin or so... i have setting Buildings, Units, Technologies needs 1 turn, Ammo 999, and give me in the ww1-scripting .lua a "little" Money more. im on Turn 70 without a crash and im almost the King of the World. Just for Fun.
    And the Tanks dont more dissapeare after one Round.
    If anyone would like to have this file, it must be said, then I upload it.

AFC98's Avatar Civis

Awesome mod, but every time I open the launcher it asks for my NTW directory. Every time. This isn't a big problem but it can be annoying. Any help is appreciated.
    www.youtube.com/user/whenipwnedu Look here for great Total War "let's Play" videos and Total War Machcinima!

Please delete the "The Great War" Folder in main directory and 2 ww1 Folders in the Campaign Folder. U have only to install NTG file 5.1 and 5.1.4 from mod.db
    Please take not the files from strategyinformer.com these 5.1.4. File is a little less and corrupt.
    Overwrite simply the "data" Folder in the main directory. (there is the napoleon.exe)

Now must works the Launcher correct. (this is the Way if you takes the Launcher, and have not permanently installed)

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmart View Post
    hi ! someone please can upload 2 file patch6.pack and patch7.pack for me ! i missing that files and can play game correctly
    Buy the legal version of the game mate! Cracks are not supported on this web!

By the way the game is really very cheap now!

To the makers of the mod - its an incredibly good mod - have a lot of fun to play it - also made some great screenshots already!

No issues the last two days I played, no crash no bug....

Thank you guys a lot for this masterpiece!

Hi guys, it seems I have an savegames issue. Every time I quit the game, then launch it again I cant load any savegame - game automatically crashes. Any ideas?

Regards

Ok, so upon further review, it appears the "millions of gold" is coming from territories with negative territory wealth. I guess when it tries to take a percentage of that, it encounters an overflow error or a signed/unsigned conversion issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jj48 View Post
    1. Several turns in, after I moved some cargo ships to one of the trade spots, trading suddenly started generating HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS every turn. Eventually, I got an "imminent bankruptcy" notice, presumably because of an overflow on the counter. Even after the bankruptcy, I would still have several hundred thousand, with millions more being added every turn.

2. I don't seem to have the ability to decline an attack after initiating it, or even after being given the "option" to ambush. Instead, the button for "decline attack" is grayed out. Is this intentional, or a bug?

3. This may perhaps be a bug with the underlying Napoleon: Total War, but morale in the battles sometimes seems a bit odd. During one battle against Germany, I outnumbered my foe, and had comparable units. I killed his general and inflicted heavy losses while taking almost none myself. All but a couple of his units were routing, while mine were all green and I had plenty of time left on the clock, when suddenly all my units turned tail and ran, losing the battle for me. Again, that one may be an issue with the underlying game, as I have encountered oddities with the morale system before, but usually not on Easy difficulty.
    1. This is a bug related to the price of trade goods, but I don't know the cause.

2. I'm fairly sure this is the case in vanilla NTW as well.

3. Have you updated TGW to patch 5.1.4?

Sometimes in my recruitment tab, Instead of having the turn counter for how many turns to train a unit, I get Red X's. What is this?

Quote Originally Posted by revaew View Post
    Sometimes in my recruitment tab, Instead of having the turn counter for how many turns to train a unit, I get Red X's. What is this?
    Look carefully, does the city have any recruitment slots available?

This bug has been reported with some of the higher-level barracks. If you're built those, try demolishing them to see if the problem disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Look carefully, does the city have any recruitment slots available?

This bug has been reported with some of the higher-level barracks. If you're built those, try demolishing them to see if the problem disappears.

Well it is anything. for example it is happening with several cities as well as a port. They didn't have red X's until the year they were supposed to be built. Like they counted down 5,4,3,2,X and now they just remain X.

Laetus

Hi,
    I've heard about this before, but I end turn on Late November 1916, and the game crashes. Is There any way to fix this, or will it be put in a future patch?

When my men are marching through a town, so will automatically garrison buildings. and to add to that when they are in the building (by my order or by the glitch I mentioned) they cannot leave, putting my cursor over open ground with the unit selected will just display the cross

Hallo,
    ich hoffe Sie verstehen mich?

Den Mod finde ich sehr super!

Mein Problem ist, dass wenn ich ein Landgefecht spiele, das Game nach ein paar Minuten abstürzt?
    An meinem PC liegt es nicht.

Beste Grüße
    Thomas*

I start a German campaign, enabled locked alliances when promted, and at the beginning of turn 2 Austria-Hungary breaks their alliance with me.

Hey the game crashes when I use some of the maps in custom battles every time I play said maps, but on couple of those same maps don't crash when I don't use certain nations. Like it Crashes on Verdun when I use the French, same on both trench maps. The trenches don't crash though when I use Britain, not that I've seen so far. Anyone know what's wrong? Also, does that mean it'll crash in a battle on campaign with France, or any other nation, or when I use certain maps or nations? Sorry if my question is confusing, it looks it I know.

Whenever im playing a game, usually with artillery (field guns, the railcar guns, all of the artillery minus the mortars), the game crashes. I would think that it would have to do with the deformation of the landscape from the arty impacts, or its to do with sound files.

The game was running fine for me, until recently. I'm playing on the latest version of the mod (no traces of the previous version, after checking four times). Playing on a legitimately owned version of NTW (latest version, again) on Steam.

I've reached turn 30 with my British campaign. I had an army near Alsace, which in controlled battles easily defeats the small German army and their reinforcements that I ambush. That's all well and good. As soon as the battle ends, however, and we return to the campaign map, it crashes. No explanation. Just back to desktop. I've tried variations of the battle (not using my artillery, not using cavalry etc) and have the same result. The game doesn't crash if I auto-resolve, in which the half-dead German force of 300 somehow beats my fresh British army of 2300.

So, go figure, I was a bit pissed, but in the spirit of continuing the campaign, I let the battle be auto-resolved, and the turn of the campaign finished. On my next turn I go about my business, doing all the things I'd normally do. I hit end turn, we get to the Ottomans, and bam. CTD. Again. And again. And again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, played through the campaign from turn one again, same thing happens.

Anyone have any ideas? Before it gets suggested, no. I am not uninstalling and reinstalling. I have done this once, and I'm not willing to do it again. If that's the only solution then, sorry, I'm uninstalling and leaving it. I shouldn't have to keep doing that process to play a game, even one as superbly modded as TGW. I hope someone has an idea or solution for this, as I do want to finish my British campaign and it is, as I say, a superbly modded game.

Quote Originally Posted by mittanan123 View Post
    Whenever im playing a game, usually with artillery (field guns, the railcar guns, all of the artillery minus the mortars), the game crashes. I would think that it would have to do with the deformation of the landscape from the arty impacts, or its to do with sound files.
    It might be due to sound-related issues. My advice: turn all of your graphics settings to 'very low', change your sound settings to the maximum megabytes allowed (I believe that's an option), and try to play battles. If they don't crash, then the problem is most likely RAM-related - as I understand it, the game places a limit on how much RAM it can access, and sometimes sound effects can exceed said limit.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTacoSalad View Post
    Hey the game crashes when I use some of the maps in custom battles every time I play said maps, but on couple of those same maps don't crash when I don't use certain nations. Like it Crashes on Verdun when I use the French, same on both trench maps. The trenches don't crash though when I use Britain, not that I've seen so far. Anyone know what's wrong? Also, does that mean it'll crash in a battle on campaign with France, or any other nation, or when I use certain maps or nations? Sorry if my question is confusing, it looks it I know.
    Not sure. Are you sure it's faction related and not just random crashes? If yes, then might be several bugs that are causing these issues. My advice: stick to the vanilla maps for now, and if certain factions still crash, try to avoid them in the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by DMS1131 View Post
    The game was running fine for me, until recently. I'm playing on the latest version of the mod (no traces of the previous version, after checking four times). Playing on a legitimately owned version of NTW (latest version, again) on Steam.

I've reached turn 30 with my British campaign. I had an army near Alsace, which in controlled battles easily defeats the small German army and their reinforcements that I ambush. That's all well and good. As soon as the battle ends, however, and we return to the campaign map, it crashes. No explanation. Just back to desktop. I've tried variations of the battle (not using my artillery, not using cavalry etc) and have the same result. The game doesn't crash if I auto-resolve, in which the half-dead German force of 300 somehow beats my fresh British army of 2300.

So, go figure, I was a bit pissed, but in the spirit of continuing the campaign, I let the battle be auto-resolved, and the turn of the campaign finished. On my next turn I go about my business, doing all the things I'd normally do. I hit end turn, we get to the Ottomans, and bam. CTD. Again. And again. And again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, played through the campaign from turn one again, same thing happens.

Anyone have any ideas? Before it gets suggested, no. I am not uninstalling and reinstalling. I have done this once, and I'm not willing to do it again. If that's the only solution then, sorry, I'm uninstalling and leaving it. I shouldn't have to keep doing that process to play a game, even one as superbly modded as TGW. I hope someone has an idea or solution for this, as I do want to finish my British campaign and it is, as I say, a superbly modded game.
    What units did each side bring to the battle? It may have to do with their destruction, or their size reduction below a minimum threshold.

I've had similar experiences in TGW 4.6. It's very frustrating, especially after a long battle... unfortunately, I don't know what causes it. Also, regarding reinstallation, modders occasionally ask that to make sure there's not a user-end issue, that are usually incredibly annoying to root out. There's never a need to reinstall twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by baggytheo View Post
    I start a German campaign, enabled locked alliances when promted, and at the beginning of turn 2 Austria-Hungary breaks their alliance with me.
    Yeah, I don't think the script always works. Honestly, I've had issues with even getting the NTW scripting to work until recently (really odd), so I can't help you much.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebird1965 View Post
    Hallo,
    ich hoffe Sie verstehen mich?

Den Mod finde ich sehr super!

Mein Problem ist, dass wenn ich ein Landgefecht spiele, das Game nach ein paar Minuten abstürzt?
    An meinem PC liegt es nicht.

Beste Grüße
    Thomas*
    Hallo, diesen Problem sehen wir leider oft. Versuchen sie bitte eure graphics (ich kenne das wort auf deutsch nicht) ueberall zu "sehr niedrich" stehlen. Selbst wenn sie ein sehr guten computer haben, das speil hat manchmal probleme mit den RAM.

PS. Is the 1000th post on a bugs report thread still cause for celebration?
    Last edited by King Sama; May 30, 2014 at 05:48 PM.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.