Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11365152535455565758596061
Results 1,201 to 1,212 of 1212

Thread: CAUSA BELLI 2.2 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

Default Re: CAUSA BELLI 2.2 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

They were never fleshed out as a faction because they would be too powerful as all the Pirates everywhere, and their trade doesn't work properly I think because they are defaulted as at war with everyone.

I am playing fine as Persia. I found that often the Desert Warriors and Camel Gunners have their weapons set as cannons for some reason. The Desert Warriors use the Camel Gunners Matchlock, so I think the issue is that someone altered that weapon in the tables to a hand cannon. I changed it to Matchlock Normal on both units. I play fine as Persia, although my issue is I can't get the AUM units to work with 40x save. I am trying to use ESF Editor to alter the save to 40x units, but get corrupted save. If anyone has a solution to that it would be a great help.

I am having the desert warriors shooting cannon balls problem, I deleted the DME_UPC_v6_3 and i followed the instructions perfectly. If you could give any Solutions or maybe something i am missing please get back to me.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Hey there, I just re-installed Empire, and Darthmod/CB for the first time in a while, earlier this week and am wondering if this is a bug or feature, I installed the version on moddb first, then wrote over the files with the revised attachment here, and updated user script to try and fix, the desert warrior issue, and all of a sudden, countries are buying/trading territory in really odd places, The Iroqouis and Cherokee almost always end up with territory in The Balkans/Eastern Europe, Mughal's and Maratha with parts of Italy/Scandinavia, and The United Provinces buy territory all over, like all of Persia's outside the main province in a recent game.

Also I hope I said it in the past, but if not, thankyou for the fine work your team has done over the years, and the many hours of fun it's brought
    Last edited by Krieglord; May 09, 2023 at 11:42 PM.

JarlFrank's Avatar Libertus

Any way to remove Qizilbashi cavalry from the game so I don't have to auto-resolve battles against factions that recruit it?

Veit ek, at ek hekk

vindgameiği á
    nætr allar níu,
    geiri undağr
    ok gefinn Óğni,
    sjalfur sjalfum mér,
    á şeim meiği
    er manngi veit
    hvers af rótum renn.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Unfortunately, no. We have mods that pause the creation of it, but you cannot remove it entirely as there are units in the starting areas with that cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Krieglord View Post
    Hey there, I just re-installed Empire, and Darthmod/CB for the first time in a while, earlier this week and am wondering if this is a bug or feature, I installed the version on moddb first, then wrote over the files with the revised attachment here, and updated user script to try and fix, the desert warrior issue, and all of a sudden, countries are buying/trading territory in really odd places, The Iroqouis and Cherokee almost always end up with territory in The Balkans/Eastern Europe, Mughal's and Maratha with parts of Italy/Scandinavia, and The United Provinces buy territory all over, like all of Persia's outside the main province in a recent game.

Also I hope I said it in the past, but if not, thankyou for the fine work your team has done over the years, and the many hours of fun it's brought
    The wild trade-offs of regions should not be happening!

The desert warriors that shoot cannonballs ... were supposed to be fixed. I have uploaded in the past the corrected file in the first post. I am not sure if the link still works though.
    Regardless, the desert warriors shooting cannonballs is .. well, I made it to test something and forgot to delete it. But it does make the game challenging people. Assume they come from the future!
    Last edited by alhoon; December 04, 2023 at 07:26 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Unfortunately, no. We have mods that pause the creation of it, but you cannot remove it entirely as there are units in the starting areas with that cavalry.

The wild trade-offs of regions should not be happening!

The desert warriors that shoot cannonballs ... were supposed to be fixed. I have uploaded in the past the corrected file in the first post. I am not sure if the link still works though.
    Regardless, the desert warriors shooting cannonballs is .. well, I made it to test something and forgot to delete it. But it does make the game challenging people. Assume they come from the future!
    I can confirm the wild trade offs are happening.

I cannot for the life of me get this mod to work, I install everything following the instructions to a T, including the video, and get all the files set up. But as soon as I start up Empire Total War on my Steam launcher the game crashes to desktop within a few seconds, I don't even get to the game's menu.

I keep messing around with my files and my DM launcher using tips from the 60+ pages of comments but I find no success. Sometimes I manage to get the game to load but it is just vanilla ETW, or sometimes it is Darthmod but without the Causa Belli units (I check thoroughly to see if any are recruitable on several factions). And sometimes when I think I'm close to getting it the DM launcher starts constantly resetting the user script so the 4 lines of Causa Belli text keep vanishing.

The worst part of all is that I DID manage to install this mod successfully a couple of years ago on my crappy laptop and don't have it anymore, so I have no idea how I managed to do it back then.

It doesn't work for me either, despite having successfully installed it a few years ago. I suspect that CA's recent update may have broken the installation process of a few mods. Updating it shouldn't be that difficult, but sadly most of the creators are no longer active.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

CA touched something and it broke for sure, it's been on my radar for a while but short of hoping you have the older copy and suppressing bad updates I have no lead on how to consistently deal with this as it impacts a great deal of this area on the forum.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Cmorp View Post
    I cannot for the life of me get this mod to work, I install everything following the instructions to a T, including the video, and get all the files set up. But as soon as I start up Empire Total War on my Steam launcher the game crashes to desktop within a few seconds, I don't even get to the game's menu.

I keep messing around with my files and my DM launcher using tips from the 60+ pages of comments but I find no success. Sometimes I manage to get the game to load but it is just vanilla ETW, or sometimes it is Darthmod but without the Causa Belli units (I check thoroughly to see if any are recruitable on several factions). And sometimes when I think I'm close to getting it the DM launcher starts constantly resetting the user script so the 4 lines of Causa Belli text keep vanishing.

The worst part of all is that I DID manage to install this mod successfully a couple of years ago on my crappy laptop and don't have it anymore, so I have no idea how I managed to do it back then.
    Have you run ETW unmodded first? You need to do that, so that it installs the necessary files.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    Punjab - The Sikh Empire rises

The Sikh Empire was a major power in the Indian subcontinent, that arose under the leadership of Maharaja Ranjit Singh who established the empire basing it around the Punjab. The empire existed from 1799, when Ranjit Singh captured Lahore, to 1849 and was forged on the foundations of the Khalsa from a collection of autonomous Sikh misls.[2][3] At its peak in the 19th century, the empire extended from the Khyber Pass in the west to western Tibet in the east, and from Bahawalpur in the south to Kashmir in the north.
    The foundations of the Sikh Empire could be traced to as early as 1707, the year of Aurangzeb's death and the start of the downfall of the Mughal Empire. With the Mughals significantly weakened, the Sikh army, known as the Dal Khalsa, a rearrangement of the Khalsa inaugurated by Guru Gobind Singh, led expeditions against them and the Afghans in the west. This led to a growth of the army which split into different confederacies or semi-independent "misls". Each of these component armies, or misl (from a Persian word that means "similar"), controlled different areas and cities. However, in the period from 1762–1799, Sikh commanders of the misls appeared to be coming into their own as independent warlords.
    The formal start of the Sikh empire began with the conquest of these "misls" by Ranjit Singh of Sukerchakia misl who snatched Lahore from another misl and slowly subjugagted other misls. He was crowned on 12 April 1801 (to coincide with Vaisakhi), creating a unified political state. Sahib Singh Bedi, a descendant of Guru Nanak, conducted the coronation.[4] Ranjit Singh rose to power in a very short period, from a leader of a single misl to finally becoming the Maharaja of Punjab. He began to modernise his army, using the latest training as well as weapons and artillery. After the death of Ranjit Singh, the empire was weakened by internal divisions and political mismanagement. Finally, by 1849 the state was dissolved after the defeat in the Anglo-Sikh wars.
    The Sikh Empire was divided into four provinces: Lahore, Multan, Peshawar, and Kashmir from 1799-1849.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    History
    Mughal rule of Punjab
    The Sikh religion began at the time of the conquest of Northern India by Babur, the founder of the Mughal Empire. His grandson, Akbar, supported religious freedom and after visiting the langar of Guru Amar Das got a favourable impression of Sikhism. As a result of his visit he donated land to the langar and the Sikh gurus enjoyed a positive relationship with the Mughals until his death in 1605.[5] His successor, Jahangir, however saw the Sikhs as a political threat. He arrested Guru Arjun Dev because of Sikh support for Khusrau Mirza[6] and ordered him to be put to death by torture. Guru Arjan Dev's martyrdom led to the sixth Guru, Guru Har Gobind, declaring Sikh sovereignty in the creation of the Akal Takht and the establishment of a fort to defend Amritsar.[7] Jahangir attempted to assert authority over the Sikhs by jailing Guru Har Gobind at Gwalior and released him after a number of years when he no longer felt threatened. The Sikh community did not have any further issues with the Mughal empire until the death of Jahangir in 1627. The son of Jahangir, Shah Jahan, took offense at Guru Har Gobind's "sovereignty" and after a series of assaults on Amritsar forced the Sikhs to retreat to the Sivalik Hills.[7]
    The next guru Guru Har Rai maintained the guruship in these hills by defeating local attempts to seize Sikh land and taking a neutral role in the power struggle between two of the sons of Shah Jahan, Aurangzeb and Dara Shikoh, for control of the Mughal Empire. The ninth Guru, Guru Tegh Bahadur, moved the Sikh community to Anandpur and travelled extensively to visit and preach in defiance of Aurangzeb, who attempted to install Ram Rai as new guru. Guru Tegh Bahadur aided Kashmiri Pandits in avoiding conversion to Islam and was arrested by Aurangzeb. When offered a choice between conversion to Islam and death, he chose to die rather than compromise his principles and was executed.[8] Guru Gobind Singh assumed the guruship in 1675 and to avoid battles with Sivalik Hill rajas moved the guruship to Paunta. There he built a large fort to protect the city and garrisoned an army to protect it. The growing power of the Sikh community alarmed the Sivalik Hill rajas who attempted to attack the city but the Gobind Singh's forces routed them at the Battle of Bhangani. He moved on to Anandpur and established the Khalsa, a collective army of baptized Sikhs, on 30 March 1699. The establishment of the Khalsa united the Sikh community against various Mughal-backed claimants to the guruship.[9] In 1701, a combined army of the Sivalik Hill rajas and the Mughals under Wazir Khan attacked Anandpur. The Khalsa retreated but regrouped to defeat the Mughals at the Battle of Muktsar. In 1707, Guru Gobind Singh accepted an invitation by Aurangzeb's successor Bahadur Shah I to meet. When he arrived at Nanded in 1708, he was attacked by two agents of Wazir Khan, then governor of Sirhind, one of whom died by the sword of Guru Gobind Singh, while the other assassin was murdered by a member of the Khalsa army. It was said that later the Guru had passed away due to the wounds inflicted during the fight
    Sikh misls
    The period from 1716 to 1799 was a highly turbulent time politically and militarily in the Punjab region. This was caused by the overall decline of the Mughal empire[12] that left a power-vacuum in the region that was eventually filled by the Sikhs in the late 18th century, after defeating several invasions by the Afghan rulers of the Durrani Empire, and occasionally fighting off hostile Punjabi Muslims siding with other Muslim forces. Sikh warlords eventually formed their own independent Sikh administrative regions (misls), which were united in large part by Maharaja Ranjit Singh

End of Sikh empire
    After Ranjit Singh's death in 1839, the empire was severely weakened by internal divisions and political mismanagement. This opportunity was used by the British East India Company to launch the Anglo-Sikh Wars.
    The Battle of Ferozeshah in 1845 marked many turning points, the British encountered the Punjab Army, opening with a gun-duel in which the Sikhs "had the better of the British artillery". As the British made advances, Europeans in their army were especially targeted, as the Sikhs believed if the army "became demoralised, the backbone of the enemy's position would be broken".[17] The fighting continued throughout the night. The British position "grew graver as the night wore on", and "suffered terrible casualties with every single member of the Governor General's staff either killed or wounded".[18] Nevertheless, the British army took and held Ferozeshah. British General Sir James Hope Grant recorded: "Truly the night was one of gloom and forbidding and perhaps never in the annals of warfare has a British Army on such a large scale been nearer to a defeat which would have involved annihilation"[18]
    The reasons for the withdrawal of the Sikhs from Ferozeshah are contentious. Some, especially Sikh fundamentalists, believe that it was treachery of the non-Sikh high command of their own army which led to them marching away from a British force in a precarious and battered state. Others believe that a tactical withdrawal was the best policy.[19]
    The Sikh empire was finally dissolved after a series of wars with the British at the end of the Second Anglo-Sikh War in 1849 into separate princely states and the British province of Punjab, which were granted statehood. Eventually, a Lieutenant Governorship was formed in Lahore as a direct representative of the British Crown.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

how to play as the Sikhs. They are not available in DME Late as playable?