Thread: Cannot get mod to launch.

Default Cannot get mod to launch.

Hi,
    Never had any problems with TW mods apart from this one. I have tried to download the latest version of TLR, however it comes up as "medium risk" on norton security blah blah blah, anyway, had to resolve to downloading version 2.0. When I open up the launcher, I click play and the sub-box saying TLR or Hotseat TLR. Neither work, they just come up with a message saying: "Unhandled exception has occured in your application....".

Does anybody know a way around these problems?
    Also, is there a code I'm supposed to write in the launching options? (I've got M2TW on steam)

Cheers in advance,
    xenos

Default Re: Cannot get mod to launch.

EDIT: I Got it!

First things first, if you are having trouble with steam not launching the game right in the first place and playing the launcher music endlessly do this:

1. rename launcher.exe to launcher.exe.old
    2. Copy /paste medieval2.exe and rename it to launcher.exe
    3. Make a shortcut for it on desktop

Finally

4. From steam library , right click on Medieval ll and choose properties, then "set launch options". Type/copy this " --io.file_first @The_Long_Road.cfg " and then hit ok.

As for getting around the norton thing, you have to open up and watch the download through the standard windows tracker. Manually select run and force it to download when it tries to block it...I then copy it to new spot for back up. Once you finally get it on you computer, you can go into norton and go into the settings for antivirus and sonar exclusions, then exempt the TLR exe.
    Last edited by Colleptic; June 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM.

It says "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application."
    What do I do? I already play another mod, but I didn't have any problems like these...

Druout's Avatar Libertus

I followed your instructions and it does not work, it just loads vanilla MTW2.

V/R

This is the first mod I've tried to run. I have edited files before and got them to work just fine. But I tried to install this mod following all the directions and now I get M2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now close. Any thoughts where I may have not done something correctly to get it to launch. I tried launching from the the desktop icon created for TLR. I installed the latest version of TLR 2.4.3, and I installed the patch A, finally followed by running the finalize.bat file.

Also, now the TWM2 game will not launch and incurs the same error.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RotBaron View Post
    This is the first mod I've tried to run. I have edited files before and got them to work just fine. But I tried to install this mod following all the directions and now I get M2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now close. Any thoughts where I may have not done something correctly to get it to launch. I tried launching from the the desktop icon created for TLR. I installed the latest version of TLR 2.4.3, and I installed the patch A, finally followed by running the finalize.bat file.

Also, now the TWM2 game will not launch and incurs the same error.

Thanks.

Also, I'm playing TWM2 from cd-rom and it's win7. I used winRar to extract files to the M2 folder, when that did not work I tried moving TLR to the mods folder, but that still did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Druout View Post
    I followed your instructions and it does not work, it just loads vanilla MTW2.

V/R
    try @The_Long_Road\The_Long_Road.cfg

Same here, cant get the mod to run.
    It just starts as vanilla m2tw.