Page 54 of 122 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859606162636479104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2434

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

MRENGLISHRULES's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Just got wifi since I have been in France. Thanks for taking my suggestion to notice and great to see you working on it.

Bran I hope that is no need to re-start new campaign everytime after Your update ??

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I do not think so...but report if you see any different behavior an the campaign map.

This is a really nice submod and I like it quite a lot. The only problem I've found is that the characters that move on the campaign map have switched out dialogue. For example, an army character has Rake dialogue and the Gentlemen have navy dialogue and shout violent words when entering a college. Is there a way to fix it?

Patrician

THIS HAS BEEN FIXED 11/17/15
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; November 18, 2015 at 10:17 AM.

Trying the ottoman lag thingy out now, see that's how technical I am, one thing bran if you could look at maybe, I don't know what can be changed. Bayonets especially socket bayonets when used by at least line infantry, should be butchering basic infantry in combat, yet my units are either being butchered or fight to a draw by units without bayonets, especially marthia units, the extra numbers I don't mind but their units seem too strong, would be nice to hear others opinions too. The faction as a whole could be toned down, in my campaign, me as the uk, the Portuguese and the mogul empire are trying to fight off endless waves of armies from their basic two starting provinces. Prussia who has one province left is keep producing army stacks..... either each province makes to much cash or the computer gets too much money. Everything else with your changes is aok

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Solar View Post
    Prussia who has one province left is keep producing army stacks..... either each province makes to much cash or the computer gets too much money. Everything else with your changes is aok
    I have also experienced this it seems the AI can create double the armies they should be able to muster. As Ottoman I could only get 4 full stacks whereas Austria had 12 stacks.

Patrician

Lord Solar and Smerka- Use the Hard economy version in post 9 and play battles on Normal difficulty OR play Campaign on Normal. The setting are supposed to make large armies and make the faction expand and it does what it is supposed to do-be a challenge of Total War. Vanilla Empire and Vanilla Darth Mod is a static game with very little action-and to me dull-The AI is out for BLOOD and will eat you alive. That is what it is all about. I will see what I can do about the bayonet bonus and if they need tweaking-if they do will upload an update tonight. I have to finish an update to Darth Napoleon first and upload that then Will check it out. Working on Shogun2- that mod will BE EPIC!

Hmmm hints on what that mod would inc? basic shogun or fall of the samurai or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Lord Solar and Smerka- Use the Hard economy version in post 9 and play battles on Normal difficulty OR play Campaign on Normal. The setting are supposed to make large armies and make the faction expand and it does what it is supposed to do-be a challenge of Total War. Vanilla Empire and Vanilla Darth Mod is a static game with very little action-and to me dull-The AI is out for BLOOD and will eat you alive. That is what it is all about. I will see what I can do about the bayonet bonus and if they need tweaking-if they do will upload an update tonight. I have to finish an update to Darth Napoleon first and upload that then Will check it out. Working on Shogun2- that mod will BE EPIC!
    The AI being out for blood is not the issue. Just the masses of armies they can yield, one can be blood thirsty without having double the armies of the player. Doesn't that Hard economy file also hurt the player?

Patrician

Just play on Normal campaign difficulty and the Ai will not get big the big big money The hard version is for those who complained that it was to easy to make money. The point is that the AI needs all the help it can get because it is dumb The human player can steamroll the AI and I made it YOU CANNOT at lest on the harder difficulty levels. Remember its all about big time WAR Total War yup yup yup.

Patrician

UPDATE: After testing- raised bayonet bonus damage and tweaked BAI for better line cohesion All versions Posts 1,7,9 SEE Picture below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bran DME Line.jpg  

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Hello Bran, i would like to ask you, the Dagistan / Hannover fix what changes does apply? Corrects the problem that after a few turns almost all italian states and some germanic ones become protectorats of dagistan? If that is the case can it be applyed for the ultimate late campaign? And something else, do you encounter BAI problems with the napoleon maps? I do, it seems like the AI becomes drunk even from the smallest change on the DB file. Even if i only aplly the napoleon deployment zones the BAI seemed to become confused ( regements stack here and there, come in 2 m away of my lines and stop doin nothing etc. ). The CAI is wonderfull, the same with the naval batttles. So i am with the vanilla DM, only cause of the BAI land behavior. Anyway, thank yo for all your efforts and glad to see you improve your mods day by day!

Patrician

Dagestan becomes protectorate of Russia and Hannover protectorate of Britain-it works for all campaigns-stops them from making protectorates of other factions. If you are having problems with the Napoleon terrain then remove that mod and use the vanilla Empire ones. And yes I have seen a few bizzare path finding issues with the Napoleon terrain effects too.

Thanks Bran ill try that to morrow

Icon5 Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Im sorry im not used to downloaing mods of this site for this game but can someone please help me?

Patrician

What is your question?

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Actually the ai has good line cohesion and behaviour in the battles he attacks.Sieges and naval ones are fine too.The behaviour is not that good when it gets attacked.In these ones it wastes units keeps moving and doesnt form lines.In my opinion its the only thing you myst work on.These types of battles.You can see good armies getting attacked-defeated due to their bad behaviour.This pic is typical behaviour.Nevertheless in this battle caused me casualities that were caused by their cannons mostly.If it werent for the cannons they wouldnt have done much
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Patrician

Indeed the AI works better attacking then defending. That seems to be the case with the warscape engine. If you wait a bit then it form up in a good line. I seems to have the most problems on maps with towns. Unfortunetly this is hardcoded AI behavior-only the developers can fix this. I also noticed very different behavior with different battle maps.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

I totally agree with the last statement different maps different behaviours is indeed happening.Take your time and try to bypass this i can wait and test at the same time.