Page 87 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3762777879808182838485868788899091929394959697112 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2434

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Hi Bran, I'll give the new version a go and confirm what the changes seem to be like - I use your post 2 FBR version currently. I do not mind the enemy units routing after a few volleys if they are suffering heavily, but they should reform a few times.

I know much more about M2TWs ai than ETW, but I notice the AI in empire is either too passive (Forms a battleline of infantry while their 1 unit of cannons duke it out with your 5 units) or too aggressive (Abandons a defensive position and charges forward all their units). It is obviously hard to strike a balance between these behaviours, but I think it would be good if the AI at least recovered their formations after routing. I doubt that is possible with ETW AI though...

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Badger dude: I was testing Darth original morale settings and indeed some units will rout then come back in the fight-but the problem I always had with his setting is that units rout too freaking quick-they do not stand and shoot it out-two volleys and bam! rout. Sometimes units are depleted to 80% and then regroups and attack again. That is so unrealistic. That would not happen. I am still testing some settings to get unit to fight longer but also regroup. Until I get it where it works I can upload a version with Darth vanilla morale settings-just tell me what firing version you are using.
    Blackswordsman-park a fleet in the Bosborus strait by Istanbul.

Hi Bran,

After reviewing I think I will try post 6, file 2 (Which I presume will be TFFBR) to compare other changes to the game in that version - Will et you know how it goes! My campaign is up to 1730 so is fairly advanced. I will see what happens!

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

OK I got the men to regroup and attack again Doing more tests to make sure every thing is perfect-will upload when tests are done.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

CRASH IN TURN 82! IN DANISH CAMPAIGN GAME CRASHES WHEN game goes in UNITED STATES TURN.pLAYED 3 times and game turn doesnt end.Campaign is H/H 40 unit as denmark playing file 15 239,kb version
    What i have seen so far for every nation
    GB
    attacked me suprisingly and captured denmaek in the beggining of the game.After that some small pety blocades nothing more.They sem to have a lot of troops in the island but not many ships back home.Probably trading too much.In america their protectorates was pounded by france didnt help them much.They didnt end the war no matter what.I spotted they neither had many allies,to be specific they had no allies.Now in the end they allied with austria.they are in war with france spain prussiame only and have many trade partners.Still have simple barracks holding its 2 islands in america and muse factory nothing more

FRANCE
    FRANCE IS OUT of the game.This nation was kicking ass in america and lost its home regions.Seemed to have problem with allies as it was in war with austria spain dutch poland gb and savoy.Their main trade port was ofter raided and all the home region invaded from everywhere.Probably should ally more with catholic regions such as spain.They were ultra strong in america but in vain as its home region was invaded from everywhere they lost by austrian.They werent that strong in the sea

TO BE CONTINUED...

Hi Bran,

New morale settings are certainly better. AI formed battle line and advanced, fought musket duel, stood for about a dozen volleys despite my numbers and artillery (Good thing - they had a larger force) and only routed when at about 40-50% strength. They sadly did not reform but I did pursue.

Patrician

UPDATE:NEW-NEW TACTICAL COMBAT VERSIONS (Hidden Units) with New Morale and RETREAT & REGROUP. 240.1kb file. Posts 6 and 11 TEST IT OUT
    Ai units will rout when broken and then recover and reform and attack again. Battles play out with an ebb and flow.
    UPDATE Total War Slaughter Version- Tougher economy and some morale tweaks. Post #6 Feedback is helpful
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 08, 2016 at 12:36 PM.

Patrician

Snowhood has quit his campaign using Bran settings as the campaign AI beat him twice. I guess even with this softer version of the mod it was just to difficult for the guy
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 14, 2016 at 09:31 PM.

Is their a difference between post 6 slaughter and the tougher economy mods? I like the aggressiveness of Slaughter but Im just making so much money. 80,000 a turn with 12 armies and 3 fleets. It doesnt matter how aggressive the enemy is I just roll over them. Even with the economy hard mode now on Im making 30000 through trade alone on turn one. Anyway to combine and balance the two?

Patrician

Blackswordsman 6: uploaded new version of Total War Slaughter Version with tougher economy for the player. Post 6.

Blackswordsman 6: uploaded new version of Total War Slaughter Version with tougher economy for the player. Post 6.
    Thank you

UPDATE:NEW-NEW TACTICAL COMBAT VERSIONS (Hidden Units) with New Morale and RETREAT & REGROUP. 240.1kb file. Posts 6 and 11 TEST IT OUT
    Ai units will rout when broken and then recover and reform and attack again. Battles play out with an ebb and flow.
    UPDATE Total War Slaughter Version- Tougher economy and some morale tweaks. Post #6
    Hi Bran,

Was the Post 6 Tight Formations FBR updated aswell, or just the other two?

Either way, how does the tactical combat version differ? Do all units gain the native american hiding while moving abilities? If so, how does that work with spotting? I kind of like the idea of that sort of campaign where scouting is required but how does the AI handle it?

Patrician

Badger dude-All Total War Slaughter versions updated. Only the Tactical Combat Versions have the hidden ability with the new morale retreat and regroup. Need feed back it people want that feature with the other versions. If you want that with the other Slaughter versions then I will upload special request version for you. Unfortunately Empire does not have the Hidden while moving feature. That was in Napoleon Total War. That feature is used in NTW3 mod. In the campaign sometimes armies may slip by you.That campaign stealth mode is all units in post 6 and some units in post 11. Use Post 11 for fire by rank. It is Only Advanced Platoon fire for Elite Line Infantry all other Line infantry use Fire By Rank except light infantry units, they use volley fire. Test it out and report make your experience with it.

Patrician

UPDATE for LIONHEARTx10: New morale settings Broken units will rally and regroup and attack again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 28, 2016 at 12:50 AM.

Hello Bran.

I was wondering if there are any videos of people playing one of your upgrades to darth. As i understood this lionheart has some videos but its different gameplay

Patrician

Lionheartx10, Snowhood42o, Simpzy, Carolus_Laus(Twitch) that I know of. There maybe more but they do not say. I would really like to see a Let's Play with Darthmod and Bran settings. I do not know if they are playing any of the special file uploads for the mods I made for them.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 02, 2016 at 09:51 PM.

Bran please check for your non-dm thread as well, we need you there...

Well the new adjustments you have made for the settings I think are working fantastic. I have had 3 major battles were I had maybe 40-45% chance to win it was a total blood bath but the units I thought responded quite well. The break and regroup was effective when you could support the unit that lost morale if there was no support they kept running off the map. Cavalry units took losses but held together if they were moving to stronger moral locations, they fought longer in melee when the odds were against them. All and all I am liking what I am seeing here.

I am using the updated file as of part 17 in my Louisiana campaign.

Patrician

Snowhood-Hey thanks for the feedback I really enjoy your campaign as it is entertaining. Playing a small faction like that is difficult.

Patrician

Some feedback on Tactical Combat Versions

I like the CAI changes you have implemented, not to mention all the important fixes. But do you happen to have a version that does not have reduced unit upkeep and does not increase the recruitment cap for unique units from those set by vanilla DME?