Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gruesome Battlefield

Default Re: Gruesome Battlefield

Very strange... If you remember Imperial Glory... There was blood squishing all-over and there were wounded men lying and gasping, streching for the air...and the game only has an 12+ rating!

Quote Originally Posted by pansarskott
    Very strange... If you remember Imperial Glory... There was blood squishing all-over and there were wounded men lying and gasping, streching for the air...and the game only has an 12+ rating!
    Well now you did it. now everyone knows. Imperial Glory will get all kinds of **** for this! ESRB will be all over this!!!

i'd agree with that guy talkin about kids rulin over these game makers like that. lets be honest though. Grand Theft Auto never had any problems selling and its always been M. If anything the M helps with kids

Laetus

I wouldn't mind seeing the horrible aftermath of a battle. Or even make locations where there's an influx of corpses an additional obstacle for your soldiers to struggle through...

I love the strategy aspect, but it'd be absolutely perfect if they put some focus on the horrors and struggles of war.
    Dead, all dead but me, and I'm dead to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ShangTang
    No, blood will appear on models as a battle goes on. Not as a campaign goes on.
    I thought I saw some screen shots of 'mists' of blood in a screen shot taken at a show by Burebista.

But even without added gore and body parts, crawling wounded and stray horses, will certainly add to the immersion, when technology allows.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

i think he means like in imperial glory when the men got shot you could see them lying there wounded
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

In IG, when a soldier got killed; after they had fallen over, you'd see some rolling slowly around on the ground for a while before collapsing, and even some soldiers dragging themselves across the field for a few meres before passing out or dying. That was an awesome detail.

I think the very fact that IG done blood that way means TW should never ever do it like that.

IG is the single biggest pile of crap ive played in the last 3 years.... Horrible in every single aspect bar perhaps the naval battles.

I fail to see how that can have anything to do with the fact that IG did have wounded soldiers wriggling about as well as masses of blood, and the age limit still didn't reach M. Your personal impression of the game IG itself is as far as I can see it rather irrelevant, as is mine and everyone else's.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Quote Originally Posted by Kizzang
    Well now you did it. now everyone knows. Imperial Glory will get all kinds of **** for this! ESRB will be all over this!!!

i'd agree with that guy talkin about kids rulin over these game makers like that. lets be honest though. Grand Theft Auto never had any problems selling and its always been M. If anything the M helps with kids
    Basically, the ESRB have their heads up their arses unless a game starts selling like hotcakes. Take GTA: San Andres, for example. If that game wasn't as monumentally popular as it is, I doubt the ESRB would have gone to lengths to penalize Rockstar for locked content that could potentially be accessed by teens that are just as capable of googling the word 'boobs'.
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot
    Also:

Men struggling/moving = a ****load of lag.

Please do not bypass the word censor next time. - Trajan
    I don't understand this. Everyone is moving anyway. Instead of giving them a standing/walking/fighting motion, they're on the ground crawling. It shouldn't impact the FPS at all.

Mr Tuna's Avatar Senator

It was real cool in IG after an epic battke (wich I won ofcourse) I could always smile at that pile of dead enemy (and my own) soldiers just trying to get out.It looked GREAT.
    A pity there Is so few soldiers In It.
    Drinking does to life what turning the radio up does to a car's engine problems.

-TnC

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I suppose this is something that could be modded in, giving 'dead' bodies animations but only if the engine already handles dead bodies the same way it handles living men.

I love the idea, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

King Henry V's Avatar Behold your King

The thing is, you don't need blood to get a good, gory battlefield. When I was playing Borodino in NTW2, after taken Bagration's Flèches, the hill was simply covered in hundreds of bodies packed into a very close space. And it looked great. In real battles, corpses don't shed gallons of blood, so you don't have pools of blood everywhere. Just piles of bodies.
    Vassal of the most puissant Sheriff, imb39
    Suzerain of the valorous Castellan, scottishranger and of the preux Knight and Master Crafstman Atterdag

Former Editor of the Helios, Councillor of the Concilium de Civitate and Councillor of Peace.
    "Quatscht Studium, Verbindung ist die Hauptsache!" Heinrich Mann, Der Untertan
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" Lord Byron

The Lord Of Dance's Avatar Libertus

I just wanted some men struggling on the ground, I don't expect ****loads of gore... althought that would be realistic.

Please do not bypass the word censor next time. - Trajan
    Last edited by Trajan; September 08, 2006 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Censored bad word

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12