Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637383940414257 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Rodingo- I modded the number of trade routes for the ports-that is why you make a lot of money in trade, that helps the Ai to make money and build large armies. If you play on Hard difficulty or Very Hard difficulty in your campaign your economy should take a hit. If your want a challenge do not mess with the French until 1806. Then you will be hit hard by them and have some epic battles.

Bran, sounds good and I will keep that in mind. I have also just fired up ETW DarthMod again because I saw your tweaks for that as well. Keep up the good work and thanks for keeping these two games alive for us

Patrician

UpDate: New Hard Economy version is now harder.

Did you happen to find the ammo for the dragoons?

Patrician

I need the exact name of the unit in question. I need to know what unit pack to look into

The name for the Prussian dragoon unit on their campaign card is: Dragoons (Heavy Cavalry) - 2nd Horse Guards

I might have found it. I noticed that in DMN_DarthMod_Napoleon.pack>db>unit_stats_land_tables>Darth_unit_stats_land>Cav_Heavy_Prussian_Dragoons that the "Can Fire From Horseback" field is set to false. Would that be the only thing that would need changing you think? If so then I guess I can do that on my end with the PFM.

Never mind. It's been so long since I have played Prussia last (been years) that I forgot that's how heavy dragoons work. They can fire once dismounted and only dismounted as intended.

Patrician

UPDATE: New Morale settings for longer battles. Post one.

Just Tried it today. Dont know what i did wrong or if i cant see, But the second i press start on the Launcher it crashes.

Patrician

UPDATE: tweaked morale settings for better balance and longer battles. Post one
    Zecrugen- It should not crash. I am playing it now-it works. What or how did you install it? Just replace the original DMN_Darthmod_Napoleon file with my modded version. It goes into your Napoleon total war data folder.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; October 20, 2014 at 04:31 PM.

Sorry, I just downloaded another file and put that one into the data folder and took previous one out. Somehow that worked.
    I really don't know what happen.

Ah i found out, The Emergent campaigns don't work. Pardon me for not being able to see.

Miles

Think I found a problem.

EDIT
    Actually no problem, I goofed with my download manager.

But many thanks for continuing to support this somewhat older, but still excellent classic.
    Last edited by Akmatov; November 12, 2014 at 11:20 AM.

Patrician

UPDATE: FIX for Cavalry charge stop bug All versions.

Miles

error
    Last edited by Akmatov; November 14, 2014 at 05:39 PM.

Civis

hi mac, looks really interesting and im tempted to try this but i have a major question...will this tweaks be affected a lot if i decided to play without the 40 units savegame?, is fundamental to use it..or i can stay with the 20 size vainilla army...sorry but my pc is not so powerfull so im affraid that it could be a little to much for her if i push really hard...thanks and sorry my english >_<.

How do i change the campaign and auto resolve difficulty for the 40 unit saves?
    I went to preferences and changed them to Hard (-1), however in the game, buildings cost as much as they do in normal. Units too i think, didn't check for sure tho.
    Is this intended?

Also is there a way to play 1X ultimate unit size with the 40 unit saves?
    Last edited by DeadInTheWater; November 27, 2014 at 06:56 PM.

Patrician

B1-Sure you can play 20 units fine. Dead in Water-MAKE SURE THAT YOU SET THE PREFERENCES FILE TO READ ONLY.To change the unit size: open your napoleon data folder and find the folder DMN. Open it and then open the folder DMN_Scripts. Open the user script file for 2X and Custom and change the unit multiplier to 1 (campaign_unit_multiplier 1) SAVE Now go to your user script where your preferences file is and change that also- campaign_unit_multiplier 1. Also change the campaign unit multiplier in preferences script too. save. remember to make the preferences to read only.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; November 29, 2014 at 02:48 PM.

Libertus

Hi Bran, it's not very clear to me where to put the unit add on folders. Can you tell me exactely where the folders are which have to be replaced by your folders? Tnx!