Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: The Astray Apprentice -- A Skyrim AAR (23/6/13)

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Astray Apprentice -- A Skyrim AAR (23/6/13)

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Great poster, I look forward to seeing the story continue!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Great poster, I look forward to seeing the story continue!
    Thanks Alwyn, your feedback is always appreciated. I plan on doing so in January but as a new AAR which will run concurrently with my current one. Time to learn from your time management skills, heh. (Or you could just send a time machine my way )

To all who are interested: I've got the plot fairly nailed down and am in the process of configuring my mods so they're compatible with one another. If there is any sort of questline or activity (from Vanilla or a mod, I don't have any DLC) you wish for me to write about or portray in my AAR, or anything you want to see my character do (join the Legion, become a member of the Dark Brotherhood etc), now would be the time to post about it! I can't guarantee its inclusion if you suggest it, but I can guarantee that I'll certainly try my best to incorporate it into the AAR if possible.

You guys have until 31st Dec to let me know, after which I will finalize the plot and the prologue should arrive on 1st Jan. (That is not to say you can't suggest things halfway through the AAR, I'd still take suggestions, but it would be easier for my writing and my mod load order if you were to let me know before I start the playthrough. Once I have a working mod load order I really don't want to tweak it for fear of CTDs and save game incompatibilities.)

Cheers guys!

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I'm excited about reading your new AAR!

You asked about questlines or activities. I don't have a specific quest in mind. As I see it, one thing which can work well in a Skyrim AAR is to 're-purpose' a quest or to invent a quest where none exist. By 're-purposing' a quest, I mean that your character's goal in the AAR could be different from the in-game goal in that quest. When I play Skrim, I have a lot of fun on the way to quest objectives, wandering into random places and discovering side-quests. Maybe adventures which were spontaneous in the game, or mere side-quests, could be central to the aims of your character(s) in the AAR?

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I have no particular requests - but you know I'm waiting to see this whenever you post it!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh de Bodemloze View Post
    I have no particular requests - but you know I'm waiting to see this whenever you post it!
    Alrighty, I appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I'm excited about reading your new AAR!

You asked about questlines or activities. I don't have a specific quest in mind. As I see it, one thing which can work well in a Skyrim AAR is to 're-purpose' a quest or to invent a quest where none exist. By 're-purposing' a quest, I mean that your character's goal in the AAR could be different from the in-game goal in that quest. When I play Skrim, I have a lot of fun on the way to quest objectives, wandering into random places and discovering side-quests. Maybe adventures which were spontaneous in the game, or mere side-quests, could be central to the aims of your character(s) in the AAR?
    Hey, great suggestion! Indeed most of the AAR will be cobbled together from different quests! I think that would be good for variety and also for people to guess which quest I'm appropriating for my storyline I too had fun traveling to some of the quests, perhaps more fun than actually playing the quests. I use the extra encounters mod, so there are really diverse situations!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011