Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: House of Cards (Netflix original series)

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: House of Cards (Netflix original series)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Nah. The dude got blacklisted a year ago. Innocent until proven guilty is a court principle, not a business one. Businesses are under no obligation to stick their necks out by hiring him. Don't cross the streams.
    Eh well I feel that innocent until proven guilty should be adhered to in the realm of public opinion in addition to being a legal principle. Otherwise you get mobs baying for blood, and ing up the entire process of justice.

Why necro this thread for that bizarre as video and not the accusations themselves?
    Because there's a seperate thread for season 1, 2, 3 and 4 of House of Cards but none for Season 5 or 6 so I figured this one would be the best to use. And because I found the video funny and ballsey, and saw no reason to talk about the accusations.

This smells like dog on your part.
    Finding a video funny and wanting to share that, plus believing in innocence until proven guilty is somehow acting in bad faith? Astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    Eh well I feel that innocent until proven guilty should be adhered to in the realm of public opinion in addition to being a legal principle. Otherwise you get mobs baying for blood, and ing up the entire process of justice.
    This isn't public opinion. This is businesses not wanting to lose money on potential investments so they refuse to hire him. Look dude, businesses are under no obligation to even consider hiring someone under suspicion of a crime or committing an otherwise legal act that would otherwise look bad on them. This is just a concept. This happens to more people than just Kevin Spacey. Kevin Spacey is just a famous person the news got a hold of.

Should you actually be guilty? It just gets legally harder.

And you all of a sudden care after a year and necro a 5 year dead thread because Spacey decides its smart to wage his own PR campaign because he can't even find a PR manager ballsy enough to take his case?

Right.
    Last edited by Gaidin; December 25, 2018 at 08:01 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

I am not allowed to have an opinion about a person based on accusations and facts (behaviors of an individual, such as that video) until justice is pronounced? I have to maintain complete impartiality, and I can not decide not to see a series or film because the director or lead actor seems to me a idiot or a repugnant person?

Personally i do not really care about Kevin Spacey personal issues and all that, i do think he is a brilliant actor, always have been imo, a shame about the accusations if true.
    However I do think probably the place to discuss his accusations should be in another thread or something. I do not understand why talking about his work should be a taboo.

I stopped watching house of cards way before the accusations came to public. I felt recent seasons weren't as good as initial ones. As much as i love Robin Wright, i grew a bit tired of the show long ago. Didn't even watched last season.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

It is not taboo to talk about his work, as it should not be considered ... politically incorrect?... to say that he has all the traces of being a disgusting individual and that it is not easy for some to enjoy his work having that opinion ( that he is a bastard).

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

The last season sucked ass. I gave up halfway through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12