Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Mundus Magnus 6.0

Default Re: Mundus Magnus 5.5 (New Release)

So you think I should take out the new wooden walls?

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

That's OK ahowl...
    Do you know a freetime mapper

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    So you think I should take out the new wooden walls?
    No, I think it's about the BI buildings.
    Argumenta non numeranda sed ponderanda sunt.

Visit www.totalwar.org.pl

So you think the BI buildings are messing up the walls?

@Cristixe, most of them are inactive. But look at Mundus Magnus 4.0, the guy that released it can map

No, I'm not sure if it's the walls. Likely some editing affected the greek settlement layouts.
    Argumenta non numeranda sed ponderanda sunt.

Visit www.totalwar.org.pl

Okay, well unfortunately I'm busy this weekend playing baseball but I might have some time Sunday. I'll try to figure it out. If you think you can fix it, go ahead and try and let me know. Once I find the solution I will include it in the next version, 6.0

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

So it's a bug I thought that somehow my spy was able to remove every single wooden wall from the camp.

That would be crazy haha. Besides bugs, what are your guys' thoughts? Not a lot has changed but has anyone done a campaign with Egypt? I just want to know how it plays. Have not played much since I am busy

Metaluis90's Avatar Ordinarius

I'd glady download this new mm version, but I can read that is far too buggy to worth a try, maybe when it's more stable....

Anyway, Are there any changes regarding map's regions?
    "Rules without exceptions last eternally; Roman Law is the only law"
    "The mighty sword in mighty Roman hands"

I'm just about set to release 6.0! I have cleaned the game of bugs but for some reason I'm getting an errorless CTD each time I hit the End Turn Button.

No new regions, but there are some region ownership changes and two new factions!

hey i was just wondering if this mod would work with a no cd patch. i put the mm folder in the rome total war folder, and the data folder, neither of which made a difference to the vanilla game.

do i need to remove the data custom and preferences files from the original folder?

Don't put it in the Data folder. It should stay in your RTW folder. I don't know why it wouldn't work. I should be coming out with 6.0 soon, so you can wait till then because 5.5 is buggy

Here is version 6.0!
    http://depositfiles.com/files/u5kwzi9eq

No BUGS!!

Features:
    2 New factions:
    The Mauryan Empire
    The Hellenic States
    All Bugs fixed
    More historical starting positions
    All banners and symbols implemented
    Buggy DTW walls and BI buildings removed (for now)

Install:
    Simply Extract the MM folder into your RTW directory. If you have had previous versions of MM, delete your current folder and extract the new one.
    Make sure you go to properties on your shortcut and set the target line to: -show_err mod:MM
    Play!

I will have screen shots up later

Default Re: Mundus Magnus 6.0! NEW RELEASE as of 4/28

Great succes ahowl11! To more!

Thanks cristixe, let me know what you think!
    Small Update: I had forgot to change the Hellenes strat textures to the brutii colors. The issue is now fixed, just download this file and put it in your MM folder
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very interesting mod...but why, instead of removing the BI buildings, make this mod compatible with BI 1.6? It's a far better engine and offers interesting features..and will we see a late roman campaign (like the one in BI) with the updated version?
    Last edited by Spartan 666; April 30, 2013 at 05:06 AM.

I plan on switching over to BI in the next few versions actually. There is one faction slot available and it will become a Roman Rebel faction, so I will be using BI soon and I will be putting in the BI buildings again and hopefully the DTW walls as well.
    Quick question:
    To use this mod on BI what would I have to do? Just put the target line in the BI shortcut? I've never figured out how to play on the BI exe.

As far as a late Roman Empire mod, like the BI timeframe? using Mundus Magnus?
    I've had the thought but it would be in the future, right now I'm too interested in the era of the Roman Republic and Early empire, plus this mod has a ways to go. I have a lot of ideas.

In fact I will be hoping to release 6.5 soon! It will be kind of a unit pack. No more shirtless barbarians, and also some better variants for some units such as Equites, Falxmen, Light Lancers etc. it's easy work and won't take long, so be on the lookout!

ahowl, check DarthMod they have better skins for every vanilla unit. Ask if you can borrow from them..
    Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    No BUGS!!!
    Really?

EDIT:I have just checked it....
    Great map and locations, but this mod can be better! You definetly have to add DM skins. And don't put Roman Rebels... Better put Saba. I ask the permission to help you with it as my mod is dead and I don't have anything to do. I am in good relations with the ones from XC who have some Saba units... And I will ask DarthVader if I can use his skins...
    Last edited by Kirila the Kitten; May 01, 2013 at 03:57 AM.

Thank you for the help, cristixe.

However, I know of Dm's skins and granted they are very nice, but I'm sticking to a vanilla feel with my units and I already have a good idea of which units I will be adding in.
    As far as Saba is concerned, they are a good choice, but I rather have the Roman Rebels because historically there were a lot of rebellions in Roman history, and I want to be able to represent that with a faction.

However, do you mind playing a campaign and telling me how it goes? Maybe do an AAR or something, because I want more people to know about this mod.