Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FALL OF ROME: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES (early 4th century Late Roman mod)

Default Re: FALL OF ROME: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES (early 4th century Late Roman mod)

here is site with very good maps

http://sitemaker.umich.edu/mladjov/maps

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Default Re: FALL OF ROME: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES (early 4th century Late Roman mod)

Thanks Flavius Belisarius and lordyu. Sorry for the late reply, I hadn't noticed it. Although I have plenty of maps already, adding new ones to the collection certainly enriches the collection even further even if the information provided isn't entirely new.

Also, this year I'll be working on my master's thesis and getting my degree. This means that I can't work on this mod as much as I would like to. I'll try and see if I can finally get some sort of a unit pack ready for you to fiddle around with (or perhaps more, I don't know yet). In the meantime I'll be continuing this mod switching from making units to making the campaign map to making UI/2D stuff etc. every now and then. Having a finished map (as reasonably finished as it can be; there's always room for improvement) is one of my priorities for now as it would create a stable environment for me to expand the campaign part and allows me to finally materialize ideas that continuously float around in my head.

Also quite a few factions don't have a unit roster yet. Factions that don't have one are:

- Gaels
    - Picts
    - Alans
    - Huns
    - Armenia
    - Sassanid Empire
    - Ghassanids and Lakhmids
    - Berbers

If someone has suggestions don't hesitate. But please do give a short description of the units so I can try to familiarize myself with the culture/social structure a bit more as well as the perspective from which you've made your unit roster. Same goes for building trees. Any idea or input is welcome, but will be subject to critical study...
    Last edited by Razor; September 10, 2013 at 11:22 AM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Shame about the lack of time, but best of luck with your masters. Might I enquire what subject you are studying?

Thanks Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes. It will be about memory studies and along the lines of how modern media distorts and creates memory (perception of history) and identity.

Sounds fascinating best of luck

Razor, your mod looks great! i am a member of the IB2 team which also is focusing on a timeframe similar, our latest mod is revolving around the fall of rome and the reign of Odoacer, out latest release was IB2 CB or Conquestus Britannae. I know our mod leader has multiple unit rosters for the factions you are lacking, perhaps with some coaxing you may be able to utilize some as base models for your own units as you did with Surrectum models. Anyways i will be keeping an eye on this thread best of luck with your Thesis. My mod leader's name is Riothamus. Hes a great guy and always willing to help fellow modders.

Mapping is progressing rather well. All of Europe has been mapped and filled with ground types and is as good as finished. Currently I'm touching the Caucasus region and continue with Anatolia, then Middle East, Arabia, Africa, inner Russia and then Iran and India. All I can say is that the map is looking pretty awesome.

Pics will follow soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JVR View Post
    Razor, your mod looks great! i am a member of the IB2 team which also is focusing on a timeframe similar, our latest mod is revolving around the fall of rome and the reign of Odoacer, out latest release was IB2 CB or Conquestus Britannae. I know our mod leader has multiple unit rosters for the factions you are lacking, perhaps with some coaxing you may be able to utilize some as base models for your own units as you did with Surrectum models. Anyways i will be keeping an eye on this thread best of luck with your Thesis. My mod leader's name is Riothamus. Hes a great guy and always willing to help fellow modders.
    Thanks JVR. I will probably do just that. I already know Riothamus and IB2. In fact I believe I'm still registered as a developer for IB2. I just never was able to contribute (other than what you already have from back in the days of Rome TW like textures and models), and by now I have taken a somewhat different course.
    Last edited by Razor; September 28, 2013 at 03:50 PM.

Last edited by Razor; October 03, 2013 at 12:35 PM.

Caudillo87's Avatar Semisalis

YES, YES, YES, THATS WHAT I WANT TO SEE! KEEP EM COMING RAZOR!!!

OMG RAZOR!
    I had pretty much given up TW and modding altogether, then you come showing us THIS (and also againster showing off those great maps over the other thread), and yep, you got me back in haha!

Looking good keep it up

I have been waiting for a mod set in this timeframe for such a long time. Keep up the good work! +rep
    That kalmar union scripts sounds really interesting. I think it makes the game a lot more fun.

Thanks for the support guys!

A small update. All is going well but slow. Working on the geography of Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan and India now but it's a tough nut to crack. However it's shaping up quite nicely.
    Currently my internet is as as it can be. I'm having trouble opening pages and uploading stuff is even more so a pain in the butt.
    I will upload pics whenever I can.

Stay tuned.

Looking great!

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

interesting. 10/10 would play when its released

Can't wait to play it. I don't know why, but there's many mods (or attempts to make mods) about early Roman era, but there's almost none (or simply none) about other fantastic eras. Fall of Rome is an awesome setting for MTW mod - bring down and conquer the mighty Rome or defend it, reunite and lead to new glory. There's only two other eras I'd like to see as MTW mods - bronze age (Egypt, Judah/Israel, Assyria, Babylon etc) and XVI-XVIII century.

I'd like to help, but unfortunately I don't know how to mod MTW...

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Looking cool, dude.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Any progress on this? It looks quite good so far.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

the map looks awesome!!
    do plan to create static forts/castles or strategic points?

Well there's some progress, but too little to be so excited about it and flaunt it just yet. Iran and the Hindu Kush are still in the making but I got tired of mapping for now and switched to doing 2D stuff for now. No new units or anything too spectacular. I added the new religions/cultures. Next will be Germanic building tree probably. And then we'll see...
    I do plan to add permanent stone forts, but that's far from a priority at this moment.

Thanks for the heads up!