Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Imperator III - Special Extended Version

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

Default Re: Imperator II - Special Extended Version

Quote Originally Posted by xman160036
    Hmm, can you include an option of keeping Baktria? I really liked the greek with eastern influences bit, and Baktria can eat into Seleukia, or India while the Mauryans really shouldn't go anywhere( no civilization has ever invaded from within the Hindu Kush to the outside) :hmmm:

yup ur absolutely right
    but we have india in that map
    and it wont be historicaly acurate if we dont have mauryan faction defending india after all they defeated selucides.
    and if look at all the rtw faction
    do u think every faction tried to conquer the world ??
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo
    After much soul-searching and thought... Seeing that 2 major mods, RTR 7.0 and also Imperium are both base on mid to late republican era starting 280 BC, I have decided to make this mod starting poiint at 264 BC o the eve of the First Punic War. I mean, I myself simply hate to fight Pyrrhus all over again playing as Romans.

I need help of anyone regarding sources of this peroid, like Romans' territory, other faction existed etc. Are phalanx still widely used this period..... :hmmm:

Sorry, no new previews as I haven't finish adding the units etc....
    I think I have some material somewhere. And as I am going on holidays and my wife will not let me take my laptop I wil smuggle some books amongst my clothes . In a couple of weeks I might give you some information.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin
    I think I have some material somewhere. And as I am going on holidays and my wife will not let me take my laptop I wil smuggle some books amongst my clothes . In a couple of weeks I might give you some information.
    Thanks very much. Enjoy your holiday. I tried to goolge for sources on the net but couldn't really found what I'm looking. When I did the law cource at the uni they didn't teach ancient worl history so I don't have books about that period anyway. Don't think I'm going to buy any just for the mods.. :tooth:

Anyway, here's what I imagine where Mauryan Empire should be at 264 BC..

Thanks to Caius new hellenic skins and RTR unit models , the Kingdom of Makedonia Companion Cavalry

Against the Gallic tribes...

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Hey, Lestat, as yesterday night I was a bit bored I decided to look for some information. Here is the first thing I came across regarding the Mauryan Empire:

Apparently, the Mauryan empire started as a small monarchy at the region of Maghada (see the map). By the end of the 4th Century BC Chandagrupta Maurya conquered the regions of Central and North-western India, finally clashing with the Seleucids in Iran and defeating them. As a result, he assimilated into the Empire parts of Afganistan, Baluchistan ¿? and the East of Iran. The son of Chandagrupta, Bindusara, who should be the faction leader if you start around 270 BC, conquered the rest of the Indian Paeninsula. And, finally, Asoka (faction heir), he started his reign in 269 BC, finished the conquest of the whole Indian subcontinent.

Another thing I have found.

Probably does not add anything to your knowledge or the period but it is always good to have references.
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; August 12, 2006 at 04:30 AM.

Invoker's Avatar Philosopher-King

Reading about this mod makes me want to play it immensely, but sadly I do not have BI...I'm trolling Ebay for a cheap version of it now, hopefully I can play Imperator soon...looks like a good mod, I love playing Rome, but I also love a challenge.
    Servant in the House of Siblesz under the Patronage of the fallen Crandar.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo

Anyway Baktria is still avialable in the coming RTR 7.0.. so no one will miss it anyway..
    i seriously doubt that RTRv7 will ever see the day light. why dont you contact Dark and get whatever work they have already done incorporated in this mod?

MCM's Avatar Saint of lost causes

@Sarkiss

dont doubt too much- it will happen

MCM

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin
    Hey, Lestat, as yesterday night I was a bit bored I decided to look for some information. Here is the first thing I came across regarding the Mauryan Empire:

Apparently, the Mauryan empire started as a small monarchy at the region of Maghada (see the map). By the end of the 4th Century BC Chandagrupta Maurya conquered the regions of Central and North-western India, finally clashing with the Seleucids in Iran and defeating them. As a result, he assimilated into the Empire parts of Afganistan, Baluchistan ¿? and the East of Iran. The son of Chandagrupta, Bindusara, who should be the faction leader if you start around 270 BC, conquered the rest of the Indian Paeninsula. And, finally, Asoka (faction heir), he started his reign in 269 BC, finished the conquest of the whole Indian subcontinent.

Another thing I have found.

Probably does not add anything to your knowledge or the period but it is always good to have references.

great work mate
    few facts
    magadh is modern day north east{not far east} india in the banks of ganges {one of the densely populated areas of anicient and modern world }
    it existed for centuries {no exact date known }
    the mauryan is a dynasty which ruled magadh from the time period {4th century to 2 nd century bc} and united india {bfore chinise unification }
    founded by chandragupta who was son of a poor farmer but under the guidance of kautilya the one who wrote arthshastra he rebelled , captured capitol{patliputra} and slained the king
    his family tree
    chandradupta wife selucia {greek}
    bindusaar
    asoka {peak}
    {asoka sends buddhist pilgrimes to the ends of world}
    his son
    his son {slained by general pushyamitra sunga} dynasty ends not the kingdom
    then nomads arrived from across the hindukush through khybor pass {dark age {far less records available}begins till the guptans take power in 3 rd century ad}

and regarding population, wealth ,army ,not land{selucides were bigger}
    mauryan empire was largest in the world when it was at it peaks but it dint last very long {then china was united in 256 bc }
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

Well, Lestat. I think you have some homework to do

Great add-on Vikrant. Perhaps you should join forces with Lestat. He is going to be very busy

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCorneliusMarcellus
    @Sarkiss

dont doubt too much- it will happen

MCM
    really hope you're right.

Does this mod use the mod:mymod switch?
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus
    Does this mod use the mod:mymod switch?
    This mod isn't actually a mod yet. Still in early beta/planning stages. If RTR 7 comes out first probably I'll try something to make both game playable on the same installation or something, so I'm not sure if it's using the mod:mymod switch or not. However, it will be for BI and not RTW, of that I am sure.

So far, except for the Romans, other factions only have general units only in their roster...

I think that he was actually wondering about the released version of Imperator II. (but I may be wrong )

You were right florin80. Also here is the mod:mymod for you guys.
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=44332
    Setting it up for BI is different then setting it up for RTW
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by florin80
    I think that he was actually wondering about the released version of Imperator II. (but I may be wrong )
    In that case, that's what I have planned fpr the final full release of Imperator II indeed. It depends if I manage to think of a way to do a my_mod switch using BI.exe (Imperator II wont work with RTW.exe unfortunately). It should be the final version fulll installer after RTRPE 1.7 (or any latest than that) comes out though and after all known bugs are fixed.

As for the final release of Imperator II I'm still adding new scirting option like the garrison script (thanks to LT from SPQR), however, it wont be the whole maps/cities using that script but certain important cities only and only if certain factions are holding it. This modified script will not only help the AI against Rome (player) but will also help certain AI faction against other AI factions. For example, Makedonia wont blitzkrieg Greek peninsular more easily as certain greek cities states will have their own citizen militias to help if invaded...

Still testing and still far from finish yet though...

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

I wasn't aware of the Garrison script until someone mentioned it in Candelarius's thread, but now aware of it I can't fathom a campaign without it...

There were so many instances in unmodded RTR where my newly recruited legions would siege a town garrisoned by two units. I always thought to myself, "um, i'm sure the citizens would join the defenders if enslavement/extermination awaited them". And so this is reflected in the Garrison script, and another ounce of realism is brought into the game. Definitely a great idea, and overjoyed to hear you're incorporating it into this build

EDIT: Another thought...If you plan to include the Rebel Senate in the Special Edition, perhaps you could use the Garrison script to spawn a fully manned rebel legion when the Rebel Senate capital is sieged? This would better simulate a real civil war, and decrease the amount of anticlimatic battles that would involve my polybian legion against one roman rebel general, twenty roman auxilias and two merc units
    Last edited by Pnutmaster; August 27, 2006 at 08:00 PM.
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

The thing about the garrision script is it did not make into account pre or post marian units. For example, a far away city like Jerusalem I can make factions hold it have post marian or their own imitation legionaries, on assumption that when Rome (player) reached those far away city it will already be when you have the reform.

However, not knowing where the rebel capital will be might create a problem. In one of my test game, I left one of my less loyal general i charge in newly conquered Croton (about 7 or 8 turns into the game) and after 2 turns the town and it's Governor rebelled and become the new Rebel Senate. (Thank God the rebellion works... :tooth: )

So my concept mostly to make those garrison army spawn from mostly those AOR types since it's much more easier to copy & paste (since it works with most factions) and they also potrays more realisticly. I mean these citizen militias wont be fully trained cohorts (for example) but basically farmers with pitchfork (to use the line from The Patriot). However, they were numerous.

Anyway, do expect Spartan Hopliten when you try to take Sparta and lots of Cretan archers when trying to take Crete, no matter which factions holds the city...

right, sorry lestat about keeping you waiting but here is some info I have found, more of it will be coming, I have been really busy the last couple of weeks with college and that but Im here now, soooo

EDIT, is there an offsite forum for this mod?

map of roman land at 264 BC
    http://www.roangelo.net/valente/val-img/Samnium.gif
    "Map Source: the map above is based on map 23 titled "Italy Before the First Punic War 264 B.C." drawn by Berit Lee in Historical Atlas of the World (Edinburgh, 1970; original edition: Oslo, 1962)."

most of the other starting positions should be the same, the only ones which will be different would be the macedonian/selucid/ptolemy ones, I shall find out now

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Caesar
    right, sorry lestat about keeping you waiting but here is some info I have found, more of it will be coming, I have been really busy the last couple of weeks with college and that but Im here now, soooo

EDIT, is there an offsite forum for this mod?

map of roman land at 264 BC
    http://www.roangelo.net/valente/val-img/Samnium.gif
    "Map Source: the map above is based on map 23 titled "Italy Before the First Punic War 264 B.C." drawn by Berit Lee in Historical Atlas of the World (Edinburgh, 1970; original edition: Oslo, 1962)."

most of the other starting positions should be the same, the only ones which will be different would be the macedonian/selucid/ptolemy ones, I shall find out now
    No problem. Anyway I'm taking a little break from developing this mod (excepr research) as I concentrating on finishing my Imperator II (readying for the final release of RTRPE 1.7).

That map looks good and I've already settled on Rome's starting position (looks exactly like that map). However, much more research are needed for the rest of the world...

The script sounds like a nice idea. I would try to help but I'm busy with AE.
    PS the link I posted in #34 Talk about BI starting in post #27 I think.
    PSS if you have a fast internet connection you could download XGM which uses mod:mymod and study those files.
    -Albert Camus

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast