Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: CVRIA activity

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Default Re: CVRIA activity

How about the Eric Cartman award for the greatest troll

Yes, you are right I forgot about trolls and the role they play keeping our moderators busy. Lets see if tomorrow I can create any text for it. Here you can see moderators before the battle
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Bethencourt; April 22, 2013 at 05:01 PM.

You are a survivor. " I am gonna stick you!" are the nicest words you heard in the cave where you grew up. But here you are now, explendid threads, full of tasty members, you cannot let this oportunity pass, you make smart posts to atrack them, to take your harvest of inocents. Others like you have been taken away by the shinny elves. "Moderators" they are called here. But you have proven wise, prudent and capable to keep on with the tradition of the pack, and now the pack wants to give you its most valuable posession. The Ring, the award to the best surviving Troll.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; April 23, 2013 at 03:44 PM.

With the latest inflation of amendments we are going to beat thema devia in visitors record.

Last edited by Bethencourt; May 06, 2013 at 02:27 PM.

It is not long ago that you made a great Project, your particular Ark, despite the initial lack of interest from the comunity. But now that you have survived to it you want to spread your descendants whose names will be written in the eternal book. Your long term life here ensures that you will succeed this time too. You are the chosen one and those who aproach to you will inherit this land. NOAH, the award to the best patron.

Last edited by Bethencourt; May 06, 2013 at 03:40 PM.

I refer you,
    you refer me,
    he refers her,
    we refer them,
    you refer us,
    they refer you
    with love.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Don't say that you'll join in, and then don't do anything.

Last edited by Bethencourt; July 05, 2013 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    A number of the publications content staff have, were started in the Curia initially. If someone was looking at the possibility of starting one, they could try and find people in here and give it a go. If content staff can support in some way, then we could do so. So long as it's a case of working with staff, as opposed to competing with staff, then no problem.

I do agree with you that more numbers are needed in the Curia. I think changes are needed to make it easier to get citizenship, but be the same requirements as currently to get a citizen badge. Sounds contradictory, but late next week I shall explain this idea fully.

Opening the door a little bit more will help but we have to give content to the fórum or else the people will go as fast as the get in. We must understand that we have to offer a varied content, not all people may like participating in an award committee or in the catalogue of the social groups.

An open CVRIA, through the Forum Magnum, I am not pretending to be original on this, with community oriented projects can help on reactivating the human life here.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; July 06, 2013 at 07:22 AM.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

What's your thinking on content to give to the forum? Are you talking about specifically the Curia, or the site generally? Would be interesting to hear your take on this .

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

I posted this in the CCT debate thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    Hi!

Projects.I know this is an election debate thread, so to debate about candidates, at least is what is used here. But I think that being this an action team, that was its previous name, I think it is more important to know which projects are going to be managed by this team. If not we can end having a group of people without any clear task or even with oposite ideas which would be very much paralyzing problem. The team needs projects now. Candidates must know what they are going to do, and the elctors too. Even more I would rather vote a team of candiates with a project than candidates that not having anything in common and once elected have to agree on what to do next.

Organization. There was a recent and abandoned amendment that could have helped to make this more viable as it marked the leadership of the curator over the CCT. I have been in the modding awards committee of last year 2011 awards. There was not a clear leadership, I am not sure, but I think the administrators wanted to keep a supervising role but not a leadership role, so the task was really hard as every single aspect was matter of debate and 80% of the initial members abandoned the project, only four? of us kept on working. It was innovative but very hard to carry on. We all suffer of a great ego, and without leadership we begin endless and bitter debates that many times end in the scape of one member of the group not in a balanced solution, and then the problems created because of this are harder to solve and may harm third parts and the relation of the team members with those third parts. The actual constitution form just gives veto power to the curator. This is clearly not enough.

Possible projects:

2012 Modding awards. There is a thread in the Fórum Magnum opened to discuss about this. It is an open organization but as said before needs a clear leadership, a decission system, with decisive vote of the leader in case of draw result, and a closed subforum for delicate decissions. If the awards process is designed like last year, so there is an autonomination process, then public nominations , then there can be complaints about it by other possible candidates, and the committee need to give a solution, there is no need to make public what can be a hard moment for the candidates and for the committe members.

Modding projects: I guess this is an idea that has been thought by many of us, I think this is not an original idea of mine. Do you imagine a CVRIA mod? Mods with the CVRIA seal? Organized modding research. Rome II is about to come, the actual curator has some ideas about this I believe.

Promotion of citizenship: In Fórum Magnum, threads to post the history of contributions of the citizens and the history of the contributions of the members of TWC so they build up their future aplication and get patronized. This information if updated can be used to add information useful for the awards but also the CVRIA elections. It is easy to see that the promotion system and the awards and elections benefit each other. Many times I do not know who I am voting for. Or maybe I want my possible voter to know who I am and what I have done.

CVRIA awards: to reward whatever thing done related to the CVRIA, by its members or TWC members. No need to créate bagdes, just a historical list and post it in the personal contribution history ( see previous project)

Well that is it by now.
    All of them need to be discussed- designed.

FORGET ABOUT MY MODDING MY POSTING MY CONTRIBUTION, IF EVER HAD ANY VALUE, IF OFFICIALLY SITE SUPORTED STUPID JOKE OR "SPANISH BASTARD" LIKE POSTING NOT BEING MODERATED THEN BECAUSE THIS FEELING IS TOO BIG.

In the English collective unconscious, as it happens to the rest of the peoples in this earth,there are ideas about themselves and ideas about other peoples. It has formedthrough centuries of collective experiences. Obvoiusly the control of thecollective unconscious content has been a privilege of the leading classes. Ithappened in Spain at somepoint of it History that the Crown with the authorisation of the CatholicChurch created the Inquisition in Spain. The Spanish Inquisition. Butit also happened in Englandwith the creation of the English Church by Henry VIII.What happens to the collective unconscious is that it shows in the cultureexpressions even the most elevated ones. For example, Jewish people have beenseen by Christian people like greedy, usurer people. English are not safe fromthis, Shakespeare wrote a comedy based on this idea http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._venice_tp.jpg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchant_of_Venice. Shylock is synonymous of usurer. Inthe collective unconscious the position of its group is always more elevatedthan the other groups, always, no matter if it is true or not. And it is usefulto justify many actions that are taken towards the other groups. For example,"poor people they are undeveloped so lets send our civilization there toprotect them" which means "poor idiots, they cannot defend themselvesso lets send our army there and do whatever we want with them and theirmatters". Being me Spanish I have nothing to teach English about this, butfor sure this is what they thought when they got to India. I do not know much aboutEnglish literature related to their rule there but for sure there are many goodnovels that give an idealized image of it. (there are some movies that do this)What is a repeated English idea I heard about Italian or French people? SayingEnglish I must say that it is also repeated in Anglo-Saxon cultures. It is saidthat they are cowards. Saying this from an island is very safe, but not fair. Iwonder how many days would Great Britain lasted to panzer divisions if themainland of the country was not in an island.But this is what we have. It is not that all, not even the majority, of theEnglish culture people believes itnowadays, but it gives room to create other ideas, like books, movies,comedies, and humour. Humour is a very delicate matter. Even more when it isbased in the false superiority sense the collective unconscious gives and thenyou intend to share it in a place like this where people of other groups are presentand actively contributing.

About the SpanishInquisition, the truth is that it was a repressive institution. Repressivemeaning that it used torture and murder to achieve its goals, besides other forms of denigration, over thousands of persons through its History . It has an not very funny side, you see. In Spain we do not call it normally the Spanish Inquisition but just the Inquisition. And we were the people suffering it, thousands of Spaniards and the country itself as a collective, as it restrained our development. Might there be a case of an English subject being prosecuted by this Institution?. I do not think so,but who knows?. For us is not funny really, all the opposite way, but as withanything in this life you can end making any joke of it. It happens to be thatsome English or British very worldwide reputed humorists made a small piece outof it. They are in general very funny, because of the content and the way theyact. So they have this piece of the Spanish Inquisition, but they also haveothers about Hitler for example. But that is it. They are great humorists, theycan take a laugh from you on normal serious matters. But these last ones arefinally serious and a brilliant humor acting does not change its nature.

So someone herein TWC decided some day that this was the greatest thing ever so it deserved anemoticon. So this abomination was created You now can say "bah who cares? It funny still". Well if you areSpanish and have a knowledge of your History, the terrible implications of it,the way the collective unconscious works, you see this is the only nationalrelated emoticon in all the list you can select, that people uses it no matterit is related to a history thread or Monthy Python, but anytime they want toexpress "what a retarded censorship", you do no find it so funny.Because are we the spaniards (and all the Hispanic people) the retarded ones inthis community so we must deserve this strange honor? Why are we the exception to the TOS? Based in the English or Anglo- Saxon collective unconscious and brilliant English and so artists we could create other emoticons, for greedy people, uncapable, coward or authoritarian ones, so everyone of them is related to different nationalities in this site. What awonderful feast we would have? wouldn't we?

So for example, without intention to offend anyone here, as I am against the concepts I am going to say next, there could be created the following ones:

"No one ever expects a greedyJewish" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchant_of_Venicefor exmaple to show the attitude of someone who does not share its knowledge inthe modding side.

"No one ever expects a German bunker rant" The youtube examples are infinite. For "apologist"to attack "haters" of Rome II.

"No one evere xpects such French or Italian tactical retreatment" to say that someoneis loosing debate.

"No one ever expects an Indian guest" Peter Sellers's The Party http://josecampost.files.wordpress.c...l-guateque.jpg for a not very brilliant participationin a debate.

And now you canimagine the Shylock, Hitler, Napoleon Mussolini or Peter Sellers look of theemoticon.

Do you like them?I don't, if you don't either, think about the Spanish one. I have suffered itevery time I want to express a smile, a laugh or whatever other feeling. And I am fed up of it.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; February 19, 2014 at 11:13 AM.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Bethancourt,

Firstly, I want to thank you for opening my mind, tbh I have never ever given a second thought to that smilie, you are absolutely right to request its removal as offensive. I would imagine if it read 'No one would have expected the Jewish Holocaust' would be blacklisted rightly for more than offensive.
    However T.O.S and its application are inconsistent, I reported a thread in SS that had profane language on the basis that this site is open to children age 12 and up, who should not be subjected this content. I reported it to a Snr Mod, who asked the poster to put a profanity warning, not good enough in my eyes as a father of two teens.

I would support this smilie's removal, good on you.
    Last edited by Navajo Joe; February 18, 2014 at 04:12 PM. Reason: whoops

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

On a more serious note, you really did a lot of work for this trolling, writing that wall of text and all. Nice work