Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 4 Feedback

Default Re: Version 4 Feedback

I still see a little piece of Sithra in Yaisal.

I don't seem to have either of those problems in my version. Also, Gaelic faction leader is called Ard Ri Patrick for me, not Cormack? I looked as both the Gaelics and Avalon and he kept all the same stats. When I extracted the patch it didn't say anything about missing files so I guess your download got corrupted or something?

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by CommisarCain View Post
    I seem to have messed up. I think installed the new patch incorrectly because now Ard Ri Cormack is... well I list the things he is

*Totally Senile
    *Savior of Constatium
    *Hero Of Avalon
    *Lewd
    And he has
    *The Banner of the First Legion
    *Enchanted Broomstick
    *Some other ancillary

My other generals suffer from this too. Any chance I could get some help on what I need to do? I skipped over a couple of files called Mounts and Generals when the computer said it couldn't find them.
    There are no changes to Gaellics, or mounts and generals, so it doesnt sound like you are extracting the correct file, are you sure you have not reexacted one of the initial install files.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

By the way is Demos supposed to have 20% of each religion like the rebel cities instead of having more of the Uruk's own religion?

I tried reinstalling the patch, and the problem showed up again.

Also its Mounts and generals_and_captains

I've encountered another problem. While trying to reinstall V4, I keep coming across the issue of unit_sprites. I tried skipping it once to see what would happen, and the game crashed.
    Last edited by CommisarCain; December 08, 2012 at 08:32 PM.
    "Romans, Senators, friends. Latium is firmly under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. The Latin people are now one. Not since noble Brutus drove out the last king have we known such a glorious day. But now my friends, in this our of glory we must be on our guard! To the south, treacherous Greeks and Samnites block our trade. Tarquinii grows beneath a tryrant's heel. That tyrant threatens Rome! Will we abandon Tarquinii? And now Barbarians raid from the North, burning and pillaging Roman lands. Shall we let dager fester and grow? Or will we at as Romans with courage and dignity? Remember we are the Sons of Mars! As Senate leader I call upon tribunes Gaius Julius and Decius Brutus to smash the Gauls and releave Tarquinii. All those in favor say I!

Quote Originally Posted by CommisarCain View Post
    I tried reinstalling the patch, and the problem showed up again.

Also its Mounts and generals_and_captains

I've encountered another problem. While trying to reinstall V4, I keep coming across the issue of unit_sprites. I tried skipping it once to see what would happen, and the game crashed.
    I would suggest deleting your thera folder and starting afresh, you have gone badly off track somewhere.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

I suppose I have. I'll do just that. I only hope I don't need to download the whole file again, since I don't have the time for that right now

Edit: Reinstallation worked. Thanks TFON!
    Last edited by CommisarCain; December 08, 2012 at 10:00 PM.
    "Romans, Senators, friends. Latium is firmly under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. The Latin people are now one. Not since noble Brutus drove out the last king have we known such a glorious day. But now my friends, in this our of glory we must be on our guard! To the south, treacherous Greeks and Samnites block our trade. Tarquinii grows beneath a tryrant's heel. That tyrant threatens Rome! Will we abandon Tarquinii? And now Barbarians raid from the North, burning and pillaging Roman lands. Shall we let dager fester and grow? Or will we at as Romans with courage and dignity? Remember we are the Sons of Mars! As Senate leader I call upon tribunes Gaius Julius and Decius Brutus to smash the Gauls and releave Tarquinii. All those in favor say I!

Wolfsblut's Avatar Semisalis

Well, i think i have to give it up, i ve desintalled medieval 2, kingdoms, thera und reinstalled everything, my game still crushes
    when axethrowers throw their weapons.
    Maybe someone of the other people with the problem show up with a fix or something, but i donīt know what to do anymore.
    Anyway, thanks for V4, the unit-rooster, new starting positions for some factions and everything else is absolut great.
    May the earth be light upon you, lest the dogs can dig you out more easy.

did you completely remove all folders & files etc. after uninstalling?

I deinstalled it from steam, checked the app-data and documents, seems to be all gone.
    Anyway, i will try it with a seek-and-destroy programm this night.
    Maybe there are datas i canīt find, even if i doubt it.

In V4.001, rebel settlements and castles don't have as much units in them as in V4 I think. Was this intentional? I liked it with the challenge of many rebel units in the settlement.

EDIT: I see now that their are rebel settlements with high unit numbers. I have to look around better in the future.
    Last edited by Comrade Roboto; December 09, 2012 at 06:17 AM.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsblut View Post
    I deinstalled it from steam, checked the app-data and documents, seems to be all gone.
    Anyway, i will try it with a seek-and-destroy programm this night.
    Maybe there are datas i canīt find, even if i doubt it.
    There is a fairly simple, if blunt work around for this until you can find what is causing your problem. If you change the ammo type from thrown axe to javelin. The only difference you will see is that the projectile in flight would be a javelin, the actual attacks would not be effected. It is not elegant, but it should at least stop your crashes whilst we find the cause of your issue.

Thanks a bunch TFO, i am still downloading again (downloading on steam at weekend is for masochists....), but if it not work i will do like you said.
    Javelin-Axes are better by far than no V4.
    Especially for i got no freaking clue whats the problem.

PS: I got javelin-axes now for all axe-throwing units in the game.
    Nothing else helped, but now i am ready to ravage the world of thera once again^^.

If that is the last solution for anybody else with the same problem, who is even more helpless than i am:
    open the data-folder of thera, open export_descr_unit (after youīre made a copy for the case you do something wrong), change every unit with the describtion
    "quality thrown axe" to "javelin"

should look like this
    6, 1, javelin, 45, 3, thrown, missile_mechanical, piercing, spear, 0, 1
    after youīre done.

Save the data, start the game, play, enjoy.
    The projectiles will look... well, like javelins, but there wonīt be any crashes.
    Last edited by Wolfsblut; December 10, 2012 at 05:30 AM.

All right some more feedback: I've currently started my first real playthrough, as Avalon.

Started somewhat slow, taking Crecy, Agincourt & Porth Merrion, then proceeded to build up my infrastructure. I allied with the pale knights & got a marriage alliance with the Teutons. At some point it all went to hell for the poor pale knights, and i decided to lend them a hand, so built an army and send King Henry's second son to reinforce my allies.
    Meanwhile King Henry went out to establish some watch towers, accompanied by a squadron of hospitaller troops, sadly he was ambushed by the treacherous O'Neills and mercilessly cut down along with all of the hospitallers.

A full out war commenced, with the O'Neill storming Brymaris twice and Porth Merrion 3 times while i frantically build up my armies and recalled the army i sent south.

So far the war has lasted 20 turns, managed to take Atha Edin and the city above it in quick succession using the forces returning from the south, it went back and forth after that, with the O'Neills ambushing my army as I tried to cut their holdings in 2. My 1500 men were slaughtered almost to the man (I think a total of 50, including the general, got out alive). But I think I'm finally starting to see the end of the O'Neills. They're down to 2 provinces and I just managed to kill 3 of their family members, including the heir.

Been having a blast so far The Meravengi and Teutons has thankfully stayed out of this. If they had actually joined, I'm quite sure I'd have been in real trouble. When the situations was at the worst, I had less than 1500 gold to spend, but thankfully I managed to slaughter some 3000 Gaels and capture the southwest of their lands.

I've really come to loath those Kerns.. they just tear through my heavy inf

Its Round 65 for my Valhalla now...
    first of, the Ysmir and Jotnar are absolut great, Norselund is an real "lovley" place now^^.

After the Templars took Verstof away from me i decided to give them some burn&raze at their homelands.
    Two things came to my attention.
    First thing is the amount of troops the AI got, i saw it at the wotans, whom i allied with, who got 7 or 8 fullstacks running around at
    my border (edit: after toggle fow i saw they got 15 stacks, they was only in war with the templars for a few rounds).
    The Templars got 9 stacks in their both homeprovinces.
    Then i used toggle fog and well...
    Avalon got 11 stacks on their isle and 7 on the continent.
    Tahar has killed everything but the Faustians on their homecontinent and i stopped to count their stacks.
    The OīNeills got their continent for theireselfs, as well as 16 fullstacks.
    Other than this the factions are busy and it looks allright (well, Vashta got the whole homecontinent, romuli is destroyed from barka...) but whoever didnīt fight for some time got too
    much money like it seems (or got a too easy life caused by the fewer rebels).

The other thing is technical, it seems like armys canīt help each other when they stand side by side.
    I just attacked Gothburg with my "raid-stack".
    Next round i was surrounded from 4 Templar stacks.
    The Hightemplar (who was alone in Gothburg) attacked me... and died because the other stacks didnīt jumpend in.
    I got that issue on Norselund too, but only one time an i thought it was my failure or something.

I have to got now, i want to see how many of the Templarstacks i can get before my leader dies^^.

PS: an extra thanks to whoever is responsable for the Mordredknights, they look even meaner than the new Bloodnights
    Last edited by Wolfsblut; December 10, 2012 at 02:33 PM.

@Wolfsblut

What diffuculty are you playing. Can you post a screenie of your miltiary forces scroll (showing all the factions)

I am currently on turn 43 of my privateer campaign, the Valhalla have around 7 x 3/4 stacks spread across there various regions, but none of the factions are as overstacked as you seem to be experiencing.

Here is my military forces scroll for comparison (this is on medium)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Iīve just got a look, unfortunalty iīve got only the autosafe and was starting a new campaign before i read your post.
    But anyway, i will post a screen if it looks the same after some time.
    In my campaign the hispanics was killed in round 29, the paleknights in 34, valiente in 47 and romuli somewhat around 55.
    Your map looks much better than mine did, maybe it was just a unlucky constallation, was my first campaign with V4
    that i played longer than round 30.

PS: iīve played on medium/medium
    Last edited by Wolfsblut; December 10, 2012 at 03:24 PM.

Iīve just got a look, unfortunalty iīve got only the autosafe and was starting a new campaign before i read your post.
    But anyway, i will post a screen if it looks the same after some time.
    In my campaign the hispanics was killed in round 29, the paleknights in 34, valiente in 47 and romuli somewhat around 55.
    Your map looks much better than mine did, maybe it was just a unlucky constallation, was my first campaign with V4
    that i played longer than round 30.

PS: iīve played on medium/medium
    Hmm in all the auto runs of V4 along with the partial campaigns I have played directly, I have never seen the Romuli killed off. I lost the Pale Knights around turn 35 too, but Hispanics are strong but have been at war with the Tahar for over 25 turns, that said the Tahar are pretty much at war with everyone, Loa Che, Valiente, Reich, Hispanics.

I will post the regions scroll

And here it is, the Sycorax are in trouble due to warring with both the Kuks and Valhalla

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by TheFirstONeill; December 10, 2012 at 03:43 PM.

Well, the Vasta has killed off everyone from the continent, bakar have got 3 territories, incl. the one it starts with in V4, the rest was uruk-land, i think the romuli was in war with both and
    got overhelmed by the uruks at least.
    But anyway, maybe i should not have postet before iīve played at least 2 or 3 campaigns, there are strange campaigns in every mod that happens in one of hundret games.

Well, the Vasta has killed off everyone from the continent, bakar have got 3 territories, incl. the one it starts with in V4, the rest was uruk-land, i think the romuli was in war with both and
    got overhelmed by the uruks at least.
    But anyway, maybe i should not have postet before iīve played at least 2 or 3 campaigns, there are strange campaigns in every mod that happens in one of hundret games.
    Your feedback is always constructive, stuctured and informative, it is most welcome