Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4570858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2067

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

the mongol campaign is pointless, 2 un-upgraded cities, a few spearman and few horseman, it takes a long time to even be able to recruit soldiers, The mongols were the scourge of the earth, The fun factor is just not there, I was hoping that the maybe 20 turns or more, that the mongols might be a little tweaked to be tougher so as to make up for the lost time, my mongols in a shield wall were decimated and the peasants standing with them in record time by the rebel general, he routed 2 mounted archers 2 peasants and a armored spear unit in shield wall from the front, ridiculous, the mongol campaign gets a c for effort and a thumbs down for fun.
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

So medieval 2 total war just got released to mac on steam.

More information about this release.
    http://www.macgamerhq.com/news/medie...r-mac-release/

Well better late then never. So I thought, any chance I can install stainless steel mod on this new mac game?

I can't edit my post? Here is the youtube link.
    Guess they released it for linux as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGgHUxuoqhU

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Dear God, the face of the roketeer man at 1:00 mark...

Hi everyone, first time poster, and I have a couple questions I haven't been able to figure out anywhere else.

First, I'm playing the early era 6.4 campaign with RR/RC enabled. I've seen sites like stainless-steel-mod.com (fantastic work by the way, hopefully there are more FAUSTs coming) and so I know when I should be getting access to higher-tier units. The early campaign is about 400 turns long on 1.0 timescale, which means turns are over by 1500ish, well before a few of the events that unlock the highest-tier units. If I have secured victory conditions by then will the clock continue and give me access to the highest tier units, or do I have to play on the late campaign? Even with the late campaign, there are fewer than 50 turns with advanced matchlock. Or am I missing something?

Also, my early-game armies a full of peasants. I'm OK with that in the beginning, but as my more professional armies are unlocked, I want to be able to field more professional armies more reliably. Will I be forced to recruit 1 or 2 professional units every 8 or so turns all game long, or as I get into the late professional era will I be able to field armies with more unique and interesting units?

Also, eagerly awaiting Titanium's completion. I know it's in alpha now, but I'm holding off until version 1.0.

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Just play through the campaign. Make sure you're set to the right difficulties so it isn't too easy.

Units tend to unlock when they normally commonly fielded in history, so a lot of the good stuff isn't around until 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Hi--new to Stainless Steel 6.4, but I really like it so far! Playing England, though, I see a couple of odd looking trade resources. Camels in the south of England, for example, and a resource not far away that looks like an Apple, but the hover says it's Dogs for training war dogs. Is this something I goofed in the install maybe?

How do I get my generals to not suck? They never develop traits, and their stats never go up. I have 2 generals in particular who have won countless battles, always release prisoners, etc... yet neither their chivalry nor command ever budges. Its annoying, it feels uninspiring.

Are these generals taking heavy part in the action, or are they hanging out back keeping an eye on things whilst the battle rages on? Also, are you fighting battles where your odds are favourable to you... like 3:1 or more?

No the odds are usually evenly stacked. I've yet to fight an army that was notably smaller, or bigger, than mine. I use my general in combat but not a whole bunch, mainly just to rear charge enemy formations so I can either turn the battle in my favour or just finish it off completely

If your general is in the thick of things, getting all bloody and cleaving skulls like there is no tomorrow, chances are, he is accumulating battle dread. And this may be cancelled out with points of chivalry upon releasing prisoners. I've had similar things happen when they get traits at the end turn, one trait giving them +1 Chivalry and another trait giving them +1 Dread, in effect cancelling themselves out.

Why can't the republic of novgorod and Rus make late pikemen?

Also, what artillery units are available to the russian factions?

Edit: I know Honga has a unit list but that's for 6.1, not the 6.4. I'm also confused by the fact that the artillery units won't appear in custom battles for them unless you select 'all' rather than late or high (in my experience this usually only happens to local or mercenary units).
    Last edited by The Computer Illiterate; February 28, 2016 at 02:26 PM.

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

I was playing this game after a long absence and i was using my trebuchet. I wanted to use the flaming shot but i clicked over to the cow. My question is what does that do? it made the enemy banners blink green, but does it lower moral? I couldn't determine what it does.
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

a questions mates, how do i put the speed of the game to 0,5? so for see the battle in slow motion? i have seen some videos that the player play the battle game in slow motion for see improve the charges of cavalry for example, but in my stainless steel only can put speed 0-x1-x2-x6 only
    i hope some answer
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

nikolo1's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    a questions mates, how do i put the speed of the game to 0,5? so for see the battle in slow motion? i have seen some videos that the player play the battle game in slow motion for see improve the charges of cavalry for example, but in my stainless steel only can put speed 0-x1-x2-x6 only
    i hope some answer
    If you hold shift and then click on the +/- speed button ingame, then the speed should go up or down by 0.1. (I have used this in the vanila version, but I think it should work in SS too)
    Last edited by nikolo1; July 21, 2016 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Typo

Kesten pire's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    i hope some answer
    Is that possible? Never used it.

Do all text files revert back to default when you run the SS_setup?

Yes.

Laetus

one of my city was affected by plauge and i have a garrison in there. and now the plauge is gone. if i move my garrison from that city wich is cairo to another settlement will they spread the plague even if its not showing in the end turn that they are not affected?

Quote Originally Posted by riuk881 View Post
    I was playing this game after a long absence and i was using my trebuchet. I wanted to use the flaming shot but i clicked over to the cow. My question is what does that do? it made the enemy banners blink green, but does it lower moral? I couldn't determine what it does.
    Hi guys,

this is a question I asked myself, too. Anyone know how the "flying cow" affects green units?

Thanks.