Page 93 of 104 FirstFirst ... 43688384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2067

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Resist View Post
    Use strategy
    What strategy. Even Sicily, a really strong army nation, has it very difficult against France. What strategy, for example, defending against French Heavy Cavalry?

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Quote Originally Posted by riuk881 View Post
    i don't think total war games have an actual end if you win the campaign. I was played an England campaign til the in game date was in the 1900s.
    (i like building infrastructure and slowly conquering the world.)
    What year does one get to build hand cannon units?

I feel i've posted this like a thousand times already but here we go again xD
    http://stainless-steel-mod.com/

That site will give you an idea when unit types start appearing, is not exactly accurate because it from a submod that has some slightly different dates for some units like longbow archers

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    What strategy. Even Sicily, a really strong army nation, has it very difficult against France. What strategy, for example, defending against French Heavy Cavalry?
    Conquer Tunis, recruit grenadine jinetes and desert cavalry, conquer Greece and recruit Mourtatoi use their stakes. There are mods that rebalance cavalry with other troops.

>>Conquer Tunis, recruit grenadine jinetes and desert cavalry, conquer Greece and recruit Mourtatoi use their stakes. There are mods that rebalance cavalry with other troops.<<

Great, first I conquer the entire world so as to be able to recuit those nifty units, and then, if my treausury is still alive, I can finally face the French !

Another question:

What determines which leaders can recruit land units?

hi, I am new to M2 TW and SS ( great mod btw) and I have a lot of fortresses and second higest cities, but I have very big problem with population

I cant get more then +0.5%, and it is worse itīs changing from +0,5% to -0,5%, so my population not going up. I building every building increasing public order I can, but it eating almost all my money and taking long time to build higher tier building(4-6 turns). I could build only in one city,but the long building still keep me mostly at 0%.

is there any other way to increase population income or lower contamination?

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

generals with high chivalry and piety help iirc but i don't know specific traits...
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Add population cheat or edit descr_settlement_mechanics.xml so make the population requirement easier to attain. I would lower the AI growth bonus in export_descr_buildings.txt in the latter's case

Is there any way to play as rebels in Stainless Steel?

Yes, modding the mod, same way as you would for vanilla

why would you want to play as the rebels anyway?

I was poking around Stainless Steel EDCA and searching around for some info, I managed to stumble upon this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...val-2-Kingdoms

Considering that this mod seems to make extensive use of anti-traits, does it mean that it might cause issues? Or are the anti-traits in the mod things that shouldn't cause problems?

Idk I've always tought it might be fun to play as the rebels in stainless steel haha

why you dont make a Serbian kingdom corect and real

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Knight 1389 View Post
    probably because no real serbian has step up to make it

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Knight 1389 View Post
    The SSHIP submod for Stainless Steel has Serbia;

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...roject-(SSHIP)

Hi, I just stomped the papacy into the dust captured Rome and killed the pope in the process.... buuut now that I have killed the pope I cant find him anywhere near Rome. Where does he appear?

Also I tried for ages to get the papacy to accept a ceasefire and grant me reconciliation. They refused despite several requests from my diplomats, I was even offering them 3 provinces and 25,000 florins in return and they still said no. Is there any way to actually get a faction to accept a ceasefire? I dropped the reconciliation request and still offered 3 cities and 25,000 florins and still no luck :'(

I could be facing several crusades in the near future as the new Pope seems to want his city back, what I could do would be destroy every building in rome and leave it ungarrisoned so it will fall fast and then enjoy the next few turns without the threat of a crusade hanging over my head.

Quote Originally Posted by KiKiweaky View Post
    Hi, I just stomped the papacy into the dust captured Rome and killed the pope in the process.... buuut now that I have killed the pope I cant find him anywhere near Rome. Where does he appear?

Also I tried for ages to get the papacy to accept a ceasefire and grant me reconciliation. They refused despite several requests from my diplomats, I was even offering them 3 provinces and 25,000 florins in return and they still said no. Is there any way to actually get a faction to accept a ceasefire? I dropped the reconciliation request and still offered 3 cities and 25,000 florins and still no luck :'(

I could be facing several crusades in the near future as the new Pope seems to want his city back, what I could do would be destroy every building in rome and leave it ungarrisoned so it will fall fast and then enjoy the next few turns without the threat of a crusade hanging over my head.
    He doesn't want those other cities, he wants Roma. Try more money

Quote Originally Posted by nothxIchooselife View Post
    He doesn't want those other cities, he wants Roma. Try more money
    I tried to offer him money and the 3 cities before I took Rome, I thought killing him inside in Rome would reconcile my faction... turns out it doesn't haha. Now I cant find him eek :|

hope this is the right place to post this
    1st time DLing and installing SS,got through it ok but it hit a snag.
    I have a Steam copy of Medevil2 along with kingdoms, i believe it might be because i bought a collection, i can't find the Kingdoms.exe folder.
    I can play the kingdoms expantions and i found the files in mods. Plz help

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmovik-JP View Post
    hope this is the right place to post this
    1st time DLing and installing SS,got through it ok but it hit a snag.
    I have a Steam copy of Medevil2 along with kingdoms, i believe it might be because i bought a collection, i can't find the Kingdoms.exe folder.
    I can play the kingdoms expantions and i found the files in mods. Plz help
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?659966-New-Steam-Update-quot-fix-for-mods-quot

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...a-or-Windows-7