Page 23 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132334873 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Chivalry View Post
    Another question, what do you mean by saying replenishment rates are high, you mean units replenish too quick or time between each unit too long?
    They are too quick.

Tiro

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Chivalry View Post
    Another question, what do you mean by saying replenishment rates are high, you mean units replenish too quick or time between each unit too long?
    too quick without BGR. e.g Imagine that ERE has 10 stacks of Scoutatoi+Scholarii.

What's quite ahistoric is "a turn= a year",which causes this problem.
    If the replenishment rates get reduced,the number of exciting battles will dinimish as well,which makes the game less enjoyable.And some units will not get produced much because new units will come soon.

But however the current high rate often results in stacks of professionals,which is ahistoric.

I wonder if it would work better when we choose "2 turns= 1 year" and slightly reduce the rates.

Does Lithuania have the Chance to become a Christian Faction ?
    Can Poland make the Union with Lithuania ?
    Also I'm looking to start a campaign with Poland or Lithuania which one is better ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Viscount, Lor'themar Theron View Post
    Does Lithuania have the Chance to become a Christian Faction ?
    Can Poland make the Union with Lithuania ?
    Also I'm looking to start a campaign with Poland or Lithuania which one is better ?
    no
    no
    that depend on your preference but lithuania is generally harder due to having religious minority issue.

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    no
    no
    that depend on your preference but lithuania is generally harder due to having religious minority issue.
    Thank's napoleonic . I really wish that the union was implemented in the future but still this game is so epic.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Viscount, Lor'themar Theron View Post
    Thank's napoleonic . I really wish that the union was implemented in the future but still this game is so epic.
    It could be done, but then one nation of the 2 will have to dissapear, and if you want to create a new faction when they merge it would take up a faction slot.

The conversion to christianity could also be done, but it appareantly messes with faction relations, so no one ever did bother with it AFAIK.

Bumping, this thread needs to be on page 1 so newbies dont make too many new threads about each and every question there could be.

Tiro

@Baltic Warrior
    Haha..It's your turn now.
    Give us a question!

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Here a question that hopefully someone on here can answer.

Unit speed mod.

Does it effect melee attack speed? Probably not, right?

How do I increase my attack rate of missile units?

Hey, newbie here. Some basic questions:

1. Diplomat. If I place a diplomat in another factions territory, will it increase relations? Kinda like a priest increases religion.

2. Is the best way to level a Merchant seizing of assets? Is there a safer way that is faster than just trading resources?

3. Is there any benefit of keeping a merchant in a town?

Thanks in advance.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Chinballs View Post
    Hey, newbie here. Some basic questions:

1. Diplomat. If I place a diplomat in another factions territory, will it increase relations? Kinda like a priest increases religion.

2. Is the best way to level a Merchant seizing of assets? Is there a safer way that is faster than just trading resources?

3. Is there any benefit of keeping a merchant in a town?

Thanks in advance.
    no, gift them some gold, make it a low amount per turn and your relations will increase.

yes, no (build better markets/guildhouses)

no (won't get eaten)
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

^^ Thanks buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    no, gift them some gold, make it a low amount per turn and your relations will increase.

yes, no (build better markets/guildhouses)

no (won't get eaten)
    In this mod merchant has a random chance of gaining the same traits as you get by seizing assets, so for some (especially mid level) merchants it might be better to let them sit on resources, as they might not gain any increase in skill by seizing, and of course you don't risk losing them.

I find it's still a good way of getting rid of bad merchants, and if you have a high level one vs a low level one the chance of losing yours is really low.

There's a guy in the Mod Workshop making a script that increases relations between factions from diplomats standing around like you said.

"Unit speed mod.

How do I increase my attack rate of missile units?"

move_speed_mod only affects movement speed.

stat_pri 7, 12, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 60, 1 - this number is the attack delay. If you reduce it, the unit will attack faster. The other way is to change the animation.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    There's a guy in the Mod Workshop making a script that increases relations between factions from diplomats standing around like you said.

"Unit speed mod.

How do I increase my attack rate of missile units?"

move_speed_mod only affects movement speed.

stat_pri 7, 12, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 60, 1 - this number is the attack delay. If you reduce it, the unit will attack faster. The other way is to change the animation.
    Thanks for the answer. Yea I know that way already set it to 0. Changing animation would have to be done in milkshape or something similar?

Thought there might be a secret way similar to unit speed mod to do it.

Senator

Does anyone else feel that SS' gameplay is just directing towards an eventual confrontation with the Mongols?

I feel that if you are playing any faction that isn't an Eastern one, you will eventually conquer Europe and find yourself in an epic struggle with the Mongols, who have conquered all the east and wiped out the Khwarezmians, Fatimids, Seljuks, Cumans etc. It's epic, like two superpowers finally clashing, but after x many campaigns gets a little tedious: "well, that's all done, now time to spend the rest of the campaign throwing stack after stack at the Mongols..."

Part of the joy of Total War is every campaign being different, how sometimes one faction will become a superpower and others it will be destroyed within 20 turns. I remember RTW campaigns where Thrace conquered all of northern Europe and the Balkans, or where Macedon took over North Africa and crushed Egypt. In SS I feel the same outcome is inevitible - I slowly envelop everything around me (campaigns as HRE, Genoa, Aragon, England, Denmark, Turks and Moors so far) while the Mongols steamroll everything in the East.

I know to an extent it's pertaining to history, as the Mongols did steamroll everything, but I worry in gameplay terms it is becoming stagnant. The only way for this not to happen is if you are an Eastern faction and you take the fight to them personally. Does this bother anyone else?

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Does anyone else feel that SS' gameplay is just directing towards an eventual confrontation with the Mongols?

I feel that if you are playing any faction that isn't an Eastern one, you will eventually conquer Europe and find yourself in an epic struggle with the Mongols, who have conquered all the east and wiped out the Khwarezmians, Fatimids, Seljuks, Cumans etc. It's epic, like two superpowers finally clashing, but after x many campaigns gets a little tedious: "well, that's all done, now time to spend the rest of the campaign throwing stack after stack at the Mongols..."

Part of the joy of Total War is every campaign being different, how sometimes one faction will become a superpower and others it will be destroyed within 20 turns. I remember RTW campaigns where Thrace conquered all of northern Europe and the Balkans, or where Macedon took over North Africa and crushed Egypt. In SS I feel the same outcome is inevitible - I slowly envelop everything around me (campaigns as HRE, Genoa, Aragon, England, Denmark, Turks and Moors so far) while the Mongols steamroll everything in the East.

I know to an extent it's pertaining to history, as the Mongols did steamroll everything, but I worry in gameplay terms it is becoming stagnant. The only way for this not to happen is if you are an Eastern faction and you take the fight to them personally. Does this bother anyone else?
    if your rich enough you can just throw enough money at a couple of the eastern factions and they will eventually stop and push back the mongols. It takes alot of money though.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Civis

I checked the file campaign_script.txt or what ever the name is to try to find out if SS6.4 is using the garrison script. I didn't find anything called the garrison script but something else that could be that script, although called something else. So my question is does SS6.4 use the garrison script? If it does I'll change it a bit like I did to the script in TATW.
    Last edited by Pethom; January 21, 2013 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post

Partly disagree, I like the fact that despite small variations, SS gameplay is somewhat historical. In my game the Moors conquered almost all of Iberia, then when I checked several turns later I noticed that Aragon and Castile and Portugal all barely survived (the former in France mostly), and then did a successful reconquista. It might have helped that I chased out the Sicilian normans out of Sicila and that they decided to focus only on the Moors from the other side. Now the Moors are destroyed (earlier than normal but ok). France went from very weak to driving out HRE, English, Aragon and Genoese out of their territory and now holds France like a great power. Lithuania was wiped out in a crusade by the Poles slightly before the Teutons emerged.

Amusingly enough the Norwegian invasion of Britain actually succeeded (Haakon Haakonson) - something I noticed when I was surprised that they still survived in Norway while the Danes held all of Sweden. - The scots are wiped out and the English still hold the territory south of York.

Apart from this the world is fairly similar to what it historically was, and I don't like campaigns where everything in completely random and historically very strong nations get wiped out for naught.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pethom View Post
    I checked the file campaign_script.txt or what ever the name is to try to find out if SS6.4 is using the garrison script. I didn't find anything called the garrison script but something else that could be that script, although called something else. So my question is does SS6.4 use the garrison script? If it does I'll change it a bit like I did to the script in TATW.
    SS6.4 does not use a Garrison Script, debated many times in recent times, last time we had it was 6.1(Tsarsies Sub Mod)

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)