Thread: Lack of 2.5 submods makes me sadddd =/

Default Lack of 2.5 submods makes me sadddd =/

Heya fellow RSII fans!

So there are soooo many awsome looking submods in this thread its rediculous, the only problem is (and its a pretty big problem imo) is that most are outdated and only for 2.1....

There are a few mods that are almost necessities for 2.5 in my opinion...One of them actually being for 2.5, the Roman portrait and event pics, none of the links work which is one thing that makes me sad...

Another is chris10's mod that adds Legion numbers to settlement names...This to me is a -must have- considering I (and quite a few others it seems) have not been able to find an AOR Map or Legion recruitment list that is up to date...And the fact that with that mod you dont even need to be out of the game to be able to see where the Legions are recruitable from just makes it that much more epic!

Also I would love to try FGE also by chris10 for 2.5, it looks epic, and Rome Historically Enhanced also looks pretty awsome with all the scripted actual characters! Sorry but I would much rather play as Gaius Julius Caesar or his nephew/adopted heir Octavian (Augustus Caesar) as opposed to some randomly generated family name after all the awsome Scipio pals have died off...=(

So anyways, I might be talking to myself but if not, I urge, no -BEG- the creators of those mods to PLEAAASEEE make versions for 2.5! It seems almost like RSII submods are dead...Which also makes me sad...

Thanks for your time, and patience listening to me go on! =P
    Last edited by JEbach; November 01, 2012 at 08:11 AM.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Lack of 2.5 submods makes me sadddd =/

Quote Originally Posted by JEbach View Post
    Also I would love to try FGE also by chris10 for 2.5, it looks epic,
    you actually can play FGE with 2.5 as it uses its own files for buildings and units...the building organisation is slightly different from vanilla RSII but you can look in the starting thread whats different and how the Oppidum/Barracks upgrades and unit availability (republican,allied cohorts and allied local troops) works in a more natural plausibe and coherent way...look here under Roman Recruitment depends on romanization
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...77#post8599677
    If you have questions just post them in the FGE general discussion topic
    RSII "Five Good Emperors" Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

While some nice changes were made for 2.5 I still prefer the old traits system as I based the economy balancing on it...as well Iam not to keen to get this election thingi popping up every few turns and have restrictions on those characters who can get a legion ancillarys etc...right now the game is literally bug free and its real challenge consists in finding the right balance between moderate but constant expanison while developing a military machinery which can be financed by homogenic developed citys with enough income and good governors to provide a more prosperous enviroment...its more strategic empire building than any RTW game/mod ever was...but beware...your opponents will put up very stiff resistance and if you fight in to many theatres you will face an attrition war which you easily can loose
    Last edited by chris10; November 01, 2012 at 08:48 AM.

chris10!

I honestly didnt expect a reply so quickly! And definately not from you! Haha!

I am definately going to be trying FGE after the campaign I am currently playing, all in all I am still fairly new to RS in general so im still somewhat learning the ropes/strategies of sucessfully playing as the Romans. Even in RS2.5 the beginning can be a bit intense so I feel like I might need a bit more playtime before moving up to your campaign which definately seems more challenging (in a great way with tons of awsome tweaks and changes!). To be honest, I dont even know what the main differences between 2.1 and 2.5 are considering i never played 2.1 =P

In the meantime, do you know how different the 2.5 Legion AOR is to the one used in your mod that adds the Legion numbers to the settlement names? Would it be in any way compatible with 2.5 or no? And if not, what are the chances of getting a new version of that? Because honestly, that is so darn useful I cant even put it in to words...I know myself and quite a few others are having trouble finding an accurate AOR Legion recruitment guide considering the ones in the Important_Stuff folders are all outdated...And just having it -in game- like that makes it soooo convienent! I dont know aboout you or anyone else, but tabbing out of RSII is just asking for a death sentance...(CTD)...LOL!

Anyways thank you very much for the quick response, and also thank you for your time and effort put into the submods! I will definately get around to playin FGE once im a liiiil more accustomed to the Roman RSII campaign! =)

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    you actually can play FGE with 2.5 as it uses its own files for buildings and units...the building organisation is slightly different from vanilla RSII but you can look in the starting thread whats different and how the Oppidum/Barracks upgrades and unit availability (republican,allied cohorts and allied local troops) works in a more natural plausibe and coherent way...look here under Roman Recruitment depends on romanization
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...77#post8599677
    If you have questions just post them in the FGE general discussion topic
    RSII "Five Good Emperors" Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

While some nice changes were made for 2.5 I still prefer the old traits system as I based the economy balancing on it...as well Iam not to keen to get this election thingi popping up every few turns and have restrictions on those characters who can get a legion ancillarys etc...right now the game is literally bug free and its real challenge consists in finding the right balance between moderate but constant expanison while developing a military machinery which can be financed by homogenic developed citys with enough income and good governors to provide a more prosperous enviroment...its more strategic empire building than any RTW game/mod ever was...but beware...your opponents will put up very stiff resistance and if you fight in to many theatres you will face an attrition war which you easily can loose
    That is excellent to know. Thank for the info Chris