Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOD LEADERS BULLETIN-EDITION IV: The Map

Default Re: MOD LEADERS BULLETIN-EDITION IV: The Map

Quote Originally Posted by Tango12345 View Post
    as Okmin has been horrendously busy in real life lately and we all know what is more important
    Members of the Mod team are allowed to have a real life?
    You are betraying us!

You even consider the real life more important than VTW, as if there could be anything more important than VTW?
    Heresy!!!!

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Heresy? Why you little...?!?

Eat Bolt Shells
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A new unit? Probably British?

Dammit...rumbled!

It is too bad it doesn't start in 1860/ 1861- the outset of the American Civil War. It would make playing the US (or CS) much more interesting. With most of the native regions non- existent, there isn't much for the US to do. Even when it did flex its international muscle, it wasn't until the latter off and it was in the Pacific- again not represented.

---

Well, we can't have the Pacific at all (pity about that), and if you want to play the American Civil War then the Blue and the Grey is the mod to look at. There is absolutely no point in us duplicating that mod. As I have said many times before it is much more trouble than it is worth.

Well, we can't have the Pacific at all (pity about that), and if you want to play the American Civil War then the Blue and the Grey is the mod to look at. There is absolutely no point in us duplicating that mod. As I have said many times before it is much more trouble than it is worth.
    The pacific is a pity.... I wasn't suggesting a replay of the Civil War (if anything, it would be your choice as President of the US...no? LOL) Just pointing out that the time period is probably the least interesting time period for US foreign policy until you get to the latter stages of the 20th century when we "wreak havoc" on Latin America. The consequences we are still paying off till this day. As stated prior to this period, it was mostly in the Pacific and even then, it was minimal by later standards. In any event, the US player will be "redefining" American foreign policy at this time. Who knows maybe we can actually fight the British over the Venezuelan border...LOL

----

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    In any event, the US player will be "redefining" American foreign policy at this time. Who knows maybe we can actually fight the British over the Venezuelan border...LOL

Afghanistan is on the map, as is Baghdad

Quote Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
    My mistake, I mistook "Victoria" to mean the Victorian Age. I had no idea it will cover the entire 20th century! If I am not then this is a deliberate instigation to start a political discussion in an inappropriate location??? The moderators should be mindful to remove the last two postings including this post!

Last word: Avoid being presumptive! It will serve you well!

-----

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    If I am not then this is a deliberate instigation to start a political discussion in an inappropriate location???
    errrr....No? It was meant to be a... joke? No offensive intend...

My mistake, I mistook "Victoria" to mean the Victorian Age. I had no idea it will cover the entire 20th century!
    The mod stops in 1914. We do not cover the entire 20th century by any means. I think you probably mean the 19th.
    Last edited by Tango12345; October 10, 2012 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
    literally burst into laughter after reading this. fantastic absolutely fantastic.

The mod stops in 1914. We do not cover the entire 20th century by any means. I think you probably mean the 19th.
    Tango, I was being facetious

Seriously, once you allow political discussion to enter the fray, it breeds idiocy.
    As a rule I never get involve in political or religious discussion on anything other than on boards that deal with those specific topics. Any other place, the depth of knowledge is very shallow (usually incapable going beyond what they see and hear on pop media outlets).

---

Then don't do it again .

Ghazi Warrior's Avatar Libertus

India as emergent faction was not one united faction. these were rather two factions. india and pakistan.
    if faction modders mean by "emergent faction india" the whole india(which britian ruled) then this emergent faction should have any other name like e.g. united india
    Last edited by Ghazi Warrior; October 13, 2012 at 09:04 AM.

Pakistan isn't emergent at all. The area of emergent India doesn't actually overlap with the regions encompassing modern Pakistan and the name Pakistan wasn't invented until the 1930's. If India had emerged in the period of this mod, I doubt it would have been split along the lines it was in 1947.

For reasons of practicality we aren't adding any more factions to the mod.

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

And what did yaa do to da pirrrates ?
    It's sometimes hard to see the colour on these tiny islands...
    That's blue ! No that is green.. Uh no looks like yellow, crap...
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Pirates are gone-those islands are owned by various colonial powers.

Just checking in .... like I do from time to time. Amazing and dedicated work so far ..... THANK YOU GUYS Faction list etc.. look brilliant and 'still' can't wait to play this. Shame that some people seem to pick holes in what is a fantastic piece of work. Protectorate, emergent, friend, enemy? ....... it was mayhem during this part of history so just accept the startpos that these hard-working modders have agreed upon. It seems everyone on here wants history to play out as it really did, with emergents/protectorates all being associated with the 'real-life' nations they joined/split from. I don't want to start this game and sit and watch it roll. I want to change history ......

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson1805 View Post
    Just checking in .... like I do from time to time. Amazing and dedicated work so far ..... THANK YOU GUYS Faction list etc.. look brilliant and 'still' can't wait to play this. Shame that some people seem to pick holes in what is a fantastic piece of work. Protectorate, emergent, friend, enemy? ....... it was mayhem during this part of history so just accept the startpos that these hard-working modders have agreed upon. It seems everyone on here wants history to play out as it really did, with emergents/protectorates all being associated with the 'real-life' nations they joined/split from. I don't want to start this game and sit and watch it roll. I want to change history ......
    Every one wants their piece of history played out in a Mod especially if it was ignored in the vanilla form of the game. I do not think people or "poking" holes in anything, just expressing their perspective. I also do not believe people want history to play out exactly the same. Everyone does want their possibility to play out in the mod. This is legitimate, but not always possible. There is absolutely no harm advancing whatever cause you bring up.

Lastly, Mayhem is not how I would describe this age. Compare to the 17th & 18th century and even modern era, I would say its very calm period. (especially politically). Socially, a quiet storm is brewing.

---

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast