Thread: [Submod] Really Bad AI for SV 3.3 (Release)

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

Default [Submod] Really Bad AI for SV 3.3 (Release)

Here we go - my RBAI 5.6 adjusted to SV 3.3 attached here below.

Because of this bug, I removed the code that was supposed to be integrated with the campaign script: the reinforcement bug could really spoil your campaign. I relied only on the script activated through the advisor, at each battle. As a side effect of the use of the advisor, this submod is savegame compatible; also, it can be removed from your campaign at any time without problems.

Installation :

• Unpack & copy my files such that the "data" folder in my package is merged with SV "data" folder - make a backup copy of the original files before !

• Alternately, install JSGME 2.6 and put my submod into it (recommended).

Note that RBAI might not be enough to those who love very hard battles - these may want to try my EDU tweaks (updated version). In a nutshell, they :

• Modify unit cost (generally lower than basic SV) such that it depends on real stats
    • Assign 2 hit points to all units, modify missile attack & charge bonuses
    • Introduce new speed modifiers
    • Modify AI recruitment priorities (to minimize crappy militia units)
    • and other tweaks I can't remember (see the file header)

EDU fixes are installed like RBAI.
    Last edited by Morfans; September 01, 2012 at 06:12 AM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: [Submod] Really Bad AI for SV 3.3 (Release)

I'll stick your new submod thread, thanks for improving ChivalryII:SV aka offering an alternative gameplay.

Just one question about
    I removed the code that was supposed to be integrated with the campaign script: the reinforcement bug could really spoil your campaign.
    I'm currently submodding TATW 3.2 here. See thread page 3 and 4, it goes about campaign crashes. As RBAI is integrated in TATW 3.2 (which i didn't touch at all), i ask myself now if that what you say above could be a culprit. Any idea? Maybe step by there and give your thoughts about it?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    As RBAI is integrated in TATW 3.2 (which i didn't touch at all), i ask myself now if that what you say above could be a culprit. Any idea? Maybe step by there and give your thoughts about it?
    Thanks, DV.

RBAI is generally stable as far as I can say, except for this one bug - which is very specific: it happens on a battle start, if a small AI army gets reinforcements. Incidence is about 50%; you can see my report in the link of the first post above.

From what I can gather, the TATW Realism instability must be due to something different

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Thanks, i also didn't expect that RBAI would have a big impact on the campaign mode as such.

I probably just have fixed TATW Realism+, i modified the descr_missions.txt file, and that was high-probable the culprit for the recent campaign crashes.

Btw., perhaps you can also develop/offer your RBAI fix for TATW 3.2, many surely would be interested (while i personally afaik get no battle-crashes which could have to do with reinforcements, so the 50 % rule didn't happen for me, as of yet, but probably i didn't have such reinforcement-cases which cause the trouble).
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 01, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Great addition! thanks.

Luck is the residue of design ~ Milton