Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chivalry patch 0.44

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Default Chivalry patch 0.44

Complete outdated post.
    Just click on this to get the whole overview /DV

---

EDIT: Well, as the main provided link is down, go here for a 0.44 patch mirror: (but read everything from this official release post here)/DaVinci
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...5&postcount=25

Yes, you read correctly, we're actually releasing another patch - right now
    So, without much ado:

Installation
    1. Download the file from here (Thanks to Marcvs Traianvs and medievaltw.com for hosting)

2. Make sure you have a clean Chivalry 0.34 or Chivalry 0.34a mod installation and a clean "Rome - Total War\Data" directory (i.e. no mods installed). If you're not sure that your Chivalry folder is clean (for example because you installed any community mods), it is recommended to delete your "Rome - Total War\chivalry" folder and reinstall the mod.

3. Run the installer (ChivalryTW_044.exe). You'll be prompted with this screen:

4. Click on I Agree, then on Next and you'll end up here:

5. Enter your "Rome - Total War" directory (by default C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War) where you installed Chivalry: TW 0.34

6. Click Install and wait for the installer to finish

7. Enjoy!

The Patch
    The changes in this patch are mostly invisible. A lot of work has been done on the tech-tree, the unit coding and balancing, trade resources and traits/ancillaries. A lot of descriptive text has been added, and some community mods have been incorporated into the mod.
    Even more important are the numerous bugfixes which should allow you to play a pretty ctd free campaign (or at least we hope so ).
    Also expect some thrilling historical battles provided by Kor Khan. I guarantee you'll have a lot of fun with these.

The credit for this patch goes primarily to our new team members (exceptional mentions for DaVinci and GenghisKhan who did the majority of the work), militiaman went inactive and I barely contributed anything for this patch (mostly because I got tired of R:TW modding), so the "old team" isn't really working on this mod anymore. I'm very glad that we found worthy successors though
    For any further details, see the readme.

Screens

Last edited by DaVinci; February 18, 2009 at 12:07 PM.

Default Re: Chivalry patch 0.44

Is this compatible with daud fr's mod?

Shatterer's Avatar Civis

Sounds excellent, keep up the fantastic work!

Kor Khan's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by mstrange
    Is this compatible with daud fr's mod?
    I doubt it. I would recommend reinstalling ChivTW v0.34 if you haven't got it.

I downloaded it but it says it contains a virus and is corrupted..and that i should contact the author for a new copy..should i try downloading again or will this virus stay in the exe..dont want my computer to be infected agian.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Are trade recoureces included in this patch (I didn't see them in the preview, so I guess no, but you can never know...)

Edit: Oh, wait, just had a close-up view at the first picture. Nevermind.

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca
    The credit for this patch goes primarily to our new team members (exceptional mentions for DaVinci and GenghisKhan who did the majority of the work), militiaman went inactive and I barely contributed anything for this patch (mostly because I got tired of R:TW modding), so the "old team" isn't really working on this mod anymore. I'm very glad that we found worthy successors though
    Does that mean we´ll never see any of the High and Late era stuff
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran S
    Does that mean we´ll never see any of the High and Late era stuff
    I'm not really sure. We'll probably at least release the models and skins for people to fool around with if we don't work on a high/late era release. I won't push the issue though because, as I stated, I'm not modding R:TW anymore (or at least not at the moment), partly because I actually believe that this mod will become more or less redundant with M:TW2.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Civitate

I have a few questions.

1) Does it fix the invisible once they have no movement points characters issue?
    2) Does it fix most of the Unit CTDs?
    3) Does it add in any new building portraits?
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Here is an extract from the 0.44 patch readme regarding content. But there is a bit more added in the latest minute, so to say, ie. the great new loading screens.

Btw., for a better support, go here to scc's Chiv site:

http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/fo...p?showforum=40

Short Content-Description: (A complete and detailed change-log is too big too mention)
    All "Work in Progress"

- The mod is still concentrated on the Early Era Campaign and its timeframe.
    - Increased consideration of the medieval flavor and realism regarding the actual timeframe,
    though with "gameplay-admittments".
    - New start-situation, descr_strat changed and some fixes plus resources added.
    - Balancing work in all related files.
    - New hidden-resources, descr_regions.
    - Fixed descr_model_battle file.
    - Fixed export_descr_units file.
    - Fixed/added ui files.
    - Fixed Mercs script plus mercs AI script.
    - Traits & Ancillaries started.
    - AI Formations.
    - Battle movement modifier added.
    - Tech-Tree, many units enabled, also for custom battle mode.
    - Tech-Tree, some buildings enabled.
    - Tech-Tree, new organised recruitment and building keys.
    - Tech-Tree, a started economy model, ie. a increased consideration of the feudal tax system
    and historical resources.
    - Many new descriptions and names but excl. family members as yet.
    - Added also the spy, the animation is the same as the assassin, temporaly.
    - Partially temporary place-holder pics added to the building-browser until we have new pics
    available, just to get rid of some of the RTW-barracks-placeholders (here special credits to
    the EB-Team, well i hadn't the time to ask, but i added 3 building ui-files as temp. placeholder from
    this mod, it is the dockyard, i hope they don't mind, if though, these 3 files will be replaced
    as soon as possible).
    - Campaign mode music fixed.
    - And many more or less minor fixes.

Generally: The front between the different religions/factions is increased. As well
    a special consideration of historical realism and balance added, ie. the Turks, now
    for early era (perhaps temporary) as Seljuks renamed, should be a real fear factor,
    also the Horde will expand, at least in one test i could see this. The mod will provide
    more challenge, increased middle-age feeling and hopefully still fun.

Recommmended difficulty:

M campaign + VH battle
    or
    H campaign + VH battle
    or
    VH campaign + VH battle, if you want to have a quite
    aggressive AI (CA-AI-cheat: 10.000 extra-cash every turn).

Further it is recommended, but only for visual effects optionally, to disable the arrow marker,
    enable minimal ui, and to disable the banners for the battle-mode in data/preferences.txt

===========================================
    What is NOT new since v0.34 in ChivalryTW?
    ===========================================

NOTE!
    The starting process is the same, but it is recommended
    to use the MINOR CAMPAIGN menu-button. The GRAND CAMPAIGN
    is actually the same content atm., but to avoid any problems,
    also for support, choose the MINOR CAMPAIGN, as we can only
    support issues that aren't related to custom changes ie. such
    as more enabled factions.

- Still the mod has many gaps, a lot of files are far away from a finished status.
    - It is still possible, that ctd's occur.
    - This is still an open beta mod status! Use this only on your own danger.
    - You can start this mod with the RTW-exe or with the BI-exe, although there
    are some known issues regarding BI-exe and the my_mod function.
    - No new skins or models atm. included, except for the map-resources, new resource-models.
    - No new other graphics.
    - No new custom-battles, except KhorKhan will add some to this release in the last minute
    - No new unit-info cards, except the polish one, thanks and credits to, uhh, sorry, forgot
    his name now, but the community will know his name, as this is already a "submod".
    - No new family member names or trees atm.
    - And more sureley that remains.
    ... though more stuff will come soon.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Can someone please contact the host site for 0.44. After the 8 seconds it says to wait for the download to begin you just get a blank screen.

Thanks.

Just tried it with Daud fr's mods...it works fine

Foederatus

so...the mod isn't actually in work for the next era's ? how many time we need to wait to see a first version of next era ? 1-2 months ago the teams sayed that all the scripts are ready and it gonna release the complete mod version :hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by Greek_Warrior
    so...the mod isn't actually in work for the next era's ? how many time we need to wait to see a first version of next era ? 1-2 months ago the teams sayed that all the scripts are ready and it gonna release the complete mod version :hmmm:
    Can't remember saying that, sorry.

Patrician Artifex

... and as simple as it is: there is much work to do to get Chiv quite ctd-free and it needs other important ammendments and different bughunting. It makes no sense to enable other era's on this current instable and unfinished base.
    Maybe , it will be possible to enable soon later era-units for the custom battle modes, but this is atm. only a thought and has no priority.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Foederatus

some time ago in the screens i was see some units of the early era reskinned , it gonna be released in the future ???

very good

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci
    Here is an extract from the 0.44 patch readme regarding content. But there is a bit more added in the latest minute, so to say, ie. the great new loading screens.

Btw., for a better support, go here to scc's Chiv site:

http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/fo...p?showforum=40

CA-AI-cheat: 10.000

i tryed it in the game console but it didnt work so where i need to write this?

Uh what? CA used a hardcoded cheat apparently which gave the AI money each turn because it was just a bunch of useless crap, so that it can in fact even give the player a bit of a challenge (it failed nonetheless rofl).

Patrician Artifex

Copied from another post here, it is what i recently posted there regarding basic problems with Chiv.

First you need to have RTW patched to version 1.5, then the RTW cd inserted not the BI cd (just in case someone thinks it is a BI mod).

1. a) Run Chivalry with the exe (a brown/black rebel shield icon), that was thrown automatically on your desktop while your installation. Look at the path-target of this exe (open properties): it must be the directory where you installed chivalry! If not, then correct the path manually. In my case it is on partition E installed so it calls: "E:\Spiele\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:chivalry
    The part between "E:\... and ...\RomeTW.exe" must be the one where you installed Chiv. Just correct this manually, if there is a default path entry, and you have not installed into the default directory. You can open the RTW directory from Chiv and then copy the path-"adress" into the exe-path.

1.b) Alternative you can look after the Chiv exe included in the RTW directory, if this automatically has already the correct path, and then copy this one to your desktop.

2. Start the MINOR* CAMPAIGN only.

*Minor means not minor, it's actually only the reference-start to the proper campaign.

Always, you need as base an 100 % unmodded RTW 1.5 for the installation.

To make the hints more complete:

- Just in the game, start the main script by clicking on victoria's face. Then play.
    - Every time you reload a saved game, you need to repeat this script-activation. Type Esc, then click the question-button, victoria appears and then click her face. Close and start campaigning.
    - In the campaign, there are some regions offering mercs for certain factions. Victoria appears, click her face to see what she offers, if you want to hire these mercs, then click the accept button, if you don't want to hire these mercs, click her face again.

SCC-Chiv-Forum: More support for Chiv!
    Then, you should install the Hotfix 0.44a, if you want to play Chiv with the intended and as yet published design. Further there are more Hotfixes in this Hotfix-topic. Together atm. 4 Hotfixes, all must be installed on 0.44(a).
    See my sig for the link to the SCC-Chiv-Forum (although it is down atm., temporary IPS Driver Error).

---

Dev-meantime-info:

The next Chiv Patch-Version (perhaps a full new exe-setup like the version 0.34) will also be more complete regarding the as yet quite lot gaps (names etc.), i hope at least.

But still it is a concentration on the early campaign era, as we wanna have this part quite bugfree, before we will go on for the other era's. Hope this makes sense for everybody.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast