Thread: Build barracks

Cassoulet's Avatar Foederatus

Default Build barracks

Hi!
    I recently started a new RTR campaign with Rome but in new captured regions,I can't build barracks so I must return my units in my original towns to retrain them!
    How can I build thoose barracks?

THX

Default Re: Build barracks

The Barracks building has been incorporated into the government building tree for each faction. What government buildings are available will depend on the culture of a given settlement. The native culture will also determine what auxiliaries are able to be trained there. You usually won't be able to build your faction troops (Hastati, Principes, Triarii, etc. if you are Rome) in a conquered settlement with a different culture until you have built several of the government buildings there. The government building has the symbol for your your faction on it and I would generally recommend building at least the first two or three levels of it immediately when they are available. Settlement size will also affect how far along the government tree you can build to at any given time.

For your Roman troops, you will probably have to drag them all the way back to Rome to retrain them for a while. Eventually you will be able to recruit Italic versions of roman republican infantry in settlements that are well along the government tree, but these can't be retrained at Rome. Having settlements that can make the Italic Principes really makes the game much easier once you finally build up to it.

I heartily recommend looking at the building browser for each of your settlements and right clicking on the government buildings listed there to get a good idea of what you'll have to build to get the recruitment options you want.

Thanks for your answer dude !
    This recruitement system is more complecate than the Hegemonia City State system

I checked Ingame & it don't seems to work,look
    I can recruit units here in Ancona:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

But not here:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As you can see,the 2 towns have the Governor's villa.
    I built a auxilia phase# in other towns but is don't allows the units creating.
    I've got the same governement building in the 2 towns and Ancona can build units but the barracks are not available in Corfinium .

Help!

Hah, part of the problem with my response was that I thought you were talking about RTR VII rather than RTR 6. Most of the queries in that forum are about VII. It is still somewhat accurate, but rather than a government tree you have to construct the "phase" buildings before other options will become available. The Phase buildings were a way to signify roman influence (settlers, whatever) starting to build enough in the settlement that you could actually start recruiting roman military units there. It has been a while since I've played 6, so I can't recall how many phases you generally need to build through as Rome before you can build a barracks. That is what is missing though, for sure.

I installed RTR VII & its works fine

Thx mate !