View Poll Results: Should Steam be OPTIONAL instead of FORCED. OPTIONAL being the keyword here, not GONE.

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Optional

56 61.54%
  • Forced

35 38.46%
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829

Thread: Steam should be optional for Total War: Rome 2

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Steam should be optional for Total War: Rome 2

Quote Originally Posted by Orlorin View Post
    Lol, I don't have any special attachment ot steam. I was saying that in the future digital distribution will replace physical distribuition.
    Digital distribution will NEVER replace physical distribution. You know why? People like to see, feel and touch what they own, not just have a license to use it. It is one thing to consider digital distribution as the future of distribution, but that doesn't mean that it will replace the older one. I for one will never digitally buy I game that I love because I feel much better with a copy of it on my shelf. And you can't say I am subjective or that any company will force us into it, because that will never happen. Believe me, it never will. Digital world won't replace physical world, no matter what SF books and movies rant about, nor what "predictions" some shady scientists make. The digital world is just a part of evolution, not the evolution.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Orlorin's Avatar Libertus
    Everywhere, and yet no where, like a rock rolling down hill.

If not entirely replace, then replace significantly. By the very fact that people are willing to give up physical copies means that eventually most people will abandon the superstitous crutch of physical copies and adopt the more logical alternative.

Haha! You don't address any of the point I have made, in any of my posts. You resort to non-arguements, appeals to pathos, and sillyness. I am arguing because I enjoy deconsrtucting the non-critical thoughts of others in an effort to change the thoughtless pardigm that we live in. I am not afraid of losing steam, I played games perfectly well without, and will do so effectively with or without it. I don't need to emphasize with a non-complaint, levied for silly temporary gain without regard for the pains it will cause others.

You seem to exhibit incredibly emotional and stubborn rhetoric based on subjective impressions of complex issues. Rexamine your axioms and you will find the error.

It is hypocritical of to say I am stubborn and will not submit, when you are doing the exact same thing.
    Acknowledging that what he does it what you do means that all those things you said about him apply to you too. Funny how you guys discover yourselves while accusing others.

Digital distribution is better and faster but it's not the master of everything. One big spike in the electric lines and the servers where your game license data is lost and you can't prove the contrary. Hell, a hacker on crack wants to prove people wrong of Steam usage and destroys 5000 license data and accounts. There you have it. You know that until the EU court decided this summer in july that people are owners of digital copies of their games you could've been denied to all your games library if you resold one of your digital games further? Digital is better, but is not replacing anything man, it just helps companies make more money faster and gather more data on their customers. And it gives them complete power over their customers, for ex, if one of them crosses the line they just block their account and goodbye games. That's it. I prefer physical copies and if you think physical copies are a superstitious crutch and an illogical stubbornness, then I feel for you.
    Last edited by Petroniu; August 23, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Silly, he said I was stubborn for not submiting, I said he was hypocritical for saying so, and I am the one who is hypocritical? I never asked him to agree, or implied he was stubborn or emotionally invested, I try to address his arguements.

Silly, he said I was stubborn for not submiting, I said he was hypocritical for saying so, and I am the one who is hypocritical? I never asked him to agree, or implied he was stubborn or emotionally invested, I try to address his arguements.
    I never said your a hypocrite. I just said that if you aknowledge that what he's doing is the same as you, than what you said about him applies to you too, since you are doing the same thing, right? Logical conclusion. If a man plays football he is a football player (amateur, professional, all together) and if another one plays football isn't he also a football player? Or he is a basketball player that just likes to blend in?

By the way, I was trying to be sarcastic, which is funny too, but you missed that unfortunately.
    RTWRM - back to basics

I said stubborn and will not submit, I am being that.

Not the same in everyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    You`ve Slipped into an alternate universe, m8.

It`s the internet. You could put a poll for anything that`s really good and optional and someone will post `no` to it out of spite, just because they can. I`ll bet 80% of that `forced` vote is simply done out of spite and probably to wind people up. I doubt they are all serious. Then you have to consider some CA employees (who do come here), etc.

Go out on the street, do a proper poll, totally unbiased and 90% of the vote would be for an option as no reasonably minded, unbiased Human being would say other.

I supposed we should be glad we`re not dealing with real world political issues or we`d all be in real trouble!
    IF YOU INSIST ON MAKING A POLL WITH THE EXPECTATION THAT ONE OPTION WOULD OUTWEIGH THE OTHER AND THEN YOU GET UPSET WHEN PEOPLE CHOOSE THE OPTION YOU DON'T LIKE WHY WOULD YOU MAKE ONE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

You cannot render the latter option void because you did not expect it to compete with the former, polls don't work that way.

It's like asking people to choose between Captain Crunch and Bran Flakes with a clear bias for Bran Flakes and getting all uppety when people happen to choose Captain Crunch. You don't want everyone's opinion you just want the right opinions so you can reinforce your own. If you honestly want to have a discussion you better have the tact to respect the arguements of people who have different opinions that you have.

Didn't seen that the pool was added.

Optional of course.

I get the feeling a lot of people are voting for forced Steam just to troll the guys putting forth legitimate arguments. There's absolutely no other reason for it. I feel like I've experienced this phenomenon before.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

This topic's never going to die, I suggest everyone arguing on CA's behalf should quit as at best it'll turn into a bunch of angry Steam-haters agreeing with each other.

Sorry guys, whether ethically right or not doesn't matter if CA doesn't see making Steam-free is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by atheniandp View Post
    My opinions are fact and all others are trolling
    It would also be nice if you could get some more recent sources for your legitimate arguements because these:
    http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=42183
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1205792
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1126887
    http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=37355
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...&postcount=291

Are about two to five years old.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I think good housekeeping requires a temporary closing to allow for some cleaning.