Page 156 of 158 FirstFirst ... 56106131146147148149150151152153154155156157158 LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 3148

Thread: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

I have a feeling that I still won't be finished with the M46 to M47 to M60 grind by the time the British tanks come out...it's just so meh. It has a good cannon and that's about it, and every tank it goes up against it is better in basically every way except maneuverability.

And I won't get my Leopard I by then, because I still have to go through the Panther II.

A BR 6.7 medium tank that needs as many RP to research as the T10, Leo, M60 and Maus, while the T-54 1947 at a 7.7 BR, which is a thousand times stronger than the Panther, needs only 270k RP...
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    And I won't get my Leopard I by then, because I still have to go through the Panther II.

A BR 6.7 medium tank that needs as many RP to research as the T10, Leo, M60 and Maus, while the T-54 1947 at a 7.7 BR, which is a thousand times stronger than the Panther, needs only 270k RP...
    Yes, perhaps that's because you're making an entire 1.0 BR jump from Panther II, which at 6.7 is far superior to the Pershing and even the M46. Germany ground forces is easymode.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

More like British whine...same as with air forces, they are the most whiny branch of players...they will probably demand that the Chieftain gets a 5.0 BR.
    Are you sure? Haha.
    I almost never see the British players whining and when they do, they tend to get overtaken by German players saying "WHAT ABOUT US FIRST? YOU HAVE SPITFIRE ALREADY!".
    I think they tend to be pretty reasonable when it comes to where their planes are tiered etc.

Comes Domesticorum

I think British players where whiney when they kept on asking for new planes for their tree when it was one of the most flushed out trees from the beginning...though they still lack any good heavy bombers.

Finally Brit tanks. I guess they'll be like US tanks at the first tier i.e piss poor. I want a Churchill. And a Comet and Centurion, though I rarely grind high.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

I've actually switched research from the Panther line to other stuff in the (probably useless) hope that the cost reductions will return at some point. No idea why they removed them, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Yes, perhaps that's because you're making an entire 1.0 BR jump from Panther II, which at 6.7 is far superior to the Pershing and even the M46. Germany ground forces is easymode.
    Meh, still doesn't really justify having having to pay top-BR costs for a 6.7 tank. It's not that good when anything with half a brain and a decent gun can knock it out frontally through the turret.

Comes Domesticorum

You mean purchase price or repair bills? Because repair bills are very cheap in ground forces.

Russian ground forces is easy mode, except for the area from 5.7-6.7.

Here is my ranking for the nations (easiest to hardest):

Tanks:

Russia
    Germany
    USA

Aircraft:

Britain
    Russia
    Japan
    Germany
    USA

Especially German jets get tough enemies (this excludes the Mig-15bis and Cl-13), especially since Gaijin decided that the F2H-2 is a good match for a He-162...
    Also while my German and US cannons always sparkle like Edward, my Hispanos usually kill after 5-6 shots. And so do the Shvaks.

And the British players do whine a lot. Especially about their Spacefires not having the climb performance, they want them to have, while they perform like "weather balloons". And I have got them all unlocked, I know what I'm talking about.

Russian tanks and British aircraft are easy mode. They require no skill.

Germany needs discipline.
    If you keep a distance in your tanks and snipe the enemy and if you keep your energy level high and avoid turnfights at all costs, you will get very good results, but the first mistake will kill you.

Comes Domesticorum

When I'm playing US tanks from BR 6.0-7.0, it makes no difference to me who I'll be going up against since they'll always be in better tanks. I know that any tank I go up against, I will have a hard time killing it from the front, while I'll almost get one-shotted no matter where I'm getting shot at.

Yes, most US tanks are easy prey for anybody...except for the T32. That thing can be a to kill.

You mean purchase price or repair bills? Because repair bills are very cheap in ground forces.
    RP and purchase price. I never had to pay attention to the repair and ammo bills so far.

Comes Domesticorum

All tank purchase prices are too high, as is their RP, since they make so much less RP and lions than planes. They should have equal research and profit rates as planes, and even slightly higher in Realistic since RB in Ground Forces is essentially simulator.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

So what are the flavour tanks and planes at this point, looking to maybe play some games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas The Lion View Post
    So what are the flavour tanks and planes at this point, looking to maybe play some games.
    T-54 seems popular.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

T-54 seems popular.
    t-54 always popular. also, in the currernt simulator event which side is better? I'm thinking germans with the prem kv1s....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

M26 is a beast of a tank, I hated it in the beginning until I figured out I needed to play like a little sneaky bast**d.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    M26 is a beast of a tank, I hated it in the beginning until I figured out I needed to play like a little sneaky bast**d.
    Yeah, I had roughly the same experience. It's a very hard tank to get used to, and the problem is that there are plenty of maps where you can't really utilize it to its best.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas The Lion View Post
    T-54 1947
    F2H-2 Banshee
    Sea Meteor
    Bf-109 F-1

Comes Domesticorum

Hasn't Sea Meteor been fotm for like, a long time now?

And looks like they're finally bringing in a destructible environment, starting with Berlin. I hope it works on the Reichstag as well