Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: rome 2 total war and europa barbarorum

Default Re: rome 2 total war and europa barbarorum

My installation is perfectly fine it's just I'm going to need to get a gaming computer (Desktop I hope) as my laptop isn't all new, it's 6 years old, I got it for 100$ (New hard drive, fingerscanner, and everything in good condition) so I can fool around with it, not to play lots of video games.

Don't worry as I said, I shall get myself a decent computer that can run games later on. If I can convince my parents to even spend more than 200$. Then I'll have to pay for it myself.

(Can't edit posts don't have enough posts) Also, there is no need to suggest which computer I should get, I have it all planned out!

Thanks for the help!

ash874's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Tactician View Post
    Agreed, ash!

And.. Whoa? My tablet/smartphone/PC/Xbox/Playstation/CPU/refrigerator/etc. ... is made in China. And licence agreements confirm our consent with Chinese labor law!? Right?! Do we care or demonstrate against Apple, Goggle or so? Us hypocrites... Whoo!!.. my new [insert device here]!
    i was talking about the guns and roses album called "chinese democracy"
    relax

I was puzzled too when CT responded with something about Chinese labor laws. Well the only reason why was I heard of that song or else I would be responding with something about Chinese labor laws.

Now I think we should really get back on topic about Rome 2.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Just seen this and realise that half the textures are ripped from Roma Surrectum 2 without a word of acknowledgement or asking consent. Unfortunately this seems to be pretty typical Russian behaviour.....and yes I am stereotyping, but there seems to be a real issue in that country of thinking that anyone has to acknowledge anyone else's work...this is about the 4th Russian mod that has done that (that I'm aware of).
    At the very least, should be an easy case to get them off of ModDB. I honestly didn't recognize the majority of them as it's been so long since I've played any of the RTW mods until alin pointed it out, just had a suspicion with them not even having a single thread at TWC.

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

at least they weren't asking for donations... yet.

How ModDB will deal with this is up in the air. personally i don't know how strict they are.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Ok, I'm quite late and sorry for reviving this. So donating to mods is illegal?

well i dont know in general, for instance some mods for Company of Heroes(Blitkzrieg mod) do take donations, and there were no problems about it i think
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Maybe only Total War mods? Because I also seen some other popular mods that take donations too.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Ok, I'm quite late and sorry for reviving this. So donating to mods is illegal?
    No, but us profiting from it is. We used to accept donations to cover our server costs (ftp, svn etc) but thanks to a very generous donation we don't need to worry about it any more.

Wow, thanks for answering.

Its ok we can just mod it.

face it the mods are only reason why play most of the older TW games or indeed any of them as the vanillas are usually naff in comparison.

Oh wait CA are killing modding in pursuit of money via "unit packs", "faction packs" etc.

Just look at the number of mods on Shogun 2 compared with Rome 1 and how easy it is to edit files.

I rest my case.

If Rome 2 is not modifiable i simply wont buy it.

Sellout s.

Campidoctor

So I'm guessing you didn't hear about the release of the Assembly Kit then?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    So I'm guessing you didn't hear about the release of the Assembly Kit then?
    I thought that was just shogun 2?

Campidoctor

Yes it is, but releasing something like that is hardly the actions of a company that is "killing modding".

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

And chances are the official mod tools will be a good launch point for Rome II tools. They aren't reinventing the wheel, so with any luck they will appear sooner next time around. Supporting them is the best way to ensure this.

>focus your energy on RTW II since they've been spitting out new faction previews almost weekly now. Isn't it great knowing that in in the near future you'll be playing with blue Britons, black Makedonians, and green Gauls again?

With Empire and S2 the team has taken a more historically accurate approach, I doubt it will be anywhere near as historically retarded as RTW and M2. I look forward to the more evolved region management that you also see in S2.

>To help take your mind off of things, get excited because there are only three faction slots left in RTW II so more than likely you'll have to get the Seleucid Empire, Ptolemaioi, Scythians, Greeks, Dacians, Iberians, or Parthians as Downloadable Content.

Oh gods no

>I'm sure elite units like the Praetorian Guard, Spartan Hoplites, Cataphracts, Carthagian Sacred Band will also be DLC

gah this will probably be true... lets hope that it isn't a DRM ridden mess like empire

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by nein View Post
    >focus your energy on RTW II since they've been spitting out new faction previews almost weekly now. Isn't it great knowing that in in the near future you'll be playing with blue Britons, black Makedonians, and green Gauls again?

With Empire and S2 the team has taken a more historically accurate approach, I doubt it will be anywhere near as historically retarded as RTW and M2. I look forward to the more evolved region management that you also see in S2.

>To help take your mind off of things, get excited because there are only three faction slots left in RTW II so more than likely you'll have to get the Seleucid Empire, Ptolemaioi, Scythians, Greeks, Dacians, Iberians, or Parthians as Downloadable Content.

Oh gods no

>I'm sure elite units like the Praetorian Guard, Spartan Hoplites, Cataphracts, Carthagian Sacred Band will also be DLC

gah this will probably be true... lets hope that it isn't a DRM ridden mess like empire
    Only two faction slots remain

Plays the Final Countdown....
    炸鸡

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Plays the Final Countdown....
    LULZ, I can hear it in my head!!!!!!!!!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast