Thread: Rome II Pictures & Videos Thread

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Total War: Rome II - Preview Pictures & Videos Thread

In the background on the left, those are deer if I'm not mistaken. Maybe there'll be animals and whatnot running around during battles and that sort of thing. Unless it's just in the cut scene.

They're flaming deers!

DX11 can not they automatically give relief to stones and ground under the feet of the soldiers ? Because it is flat there ...

EDIT : same for rocks and cliffs EDIT ==> i speak about that here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2#post12589272
    Last edited by super_newbie_pro; February 15, 2013 at 11:50 AM.
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post

In the background on the left, those are deer if I'm not mistaken. Maybe there'll be animals and whatnot running around during battles and that sort of thing. Unless it's just in the cut scene.
    Wouldn't be a new feature. Deer, spooked birds and whales were already in Shogun 2.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Wouldn't be a new feature. Deer, spooked birds and whales were already in Shogun 2.
    Oh, okay. I've never played Shogun 2 so yeah.

Is it just me or is the centurion's helmet crest not sideways as it should be?

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Basicly there are no centurions in those pictures, the crest that is being depicted here belongs to Optiones and decurions not to centurions
    The centurions should have the horizontal crest as it is widely known, and they usually had decorations on their armor.
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

I love the new pics we got
    I hope I find some time to update the OP soon...

Screenshots look great!

However, something that's niggling in the back of my mind...

In the accounts I've read about the battle of Teutoberg Forest, Roman soldiers apparently had no space to march more than 2 or 3 men abreast. In the screens here, they are able to march as if they were following a standard road, and thus fighting would be much easier as it was historically. I'm hoping these screens are of cutscenes marching into the forest, rather than images of the battlescene itself
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Quote Originally Posted by a tw player View Post
    Screenshots look great!

However, something that's niggling in the back of my mind...

In the accounts I've read about the battle of Teutoberg Forest, Roman soldiers apparently had no space to march more than 2 or 3 men abreast. In the screens here, they are able to march as if they were following a standard road, and thus fighting would be much easier as it was historically. I'm hoping these screens are of cutscenes marching into the forest, rather than images of the battlescene itself
    From the screens of the fighting and the description, I think that is how the battle will be. If playing as the Romans it would be completely impossible to win (or escape as the objective apparently is) if they were as confined as they were in real life lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomanRuler View Post
    It is possible for arrows to get stuck in shields, watch previous pictures about siege of carthage and you see. Not sure about spears tough

In the battle of carthage when the siege tower hits the wall and the Romans pour out into the carthaginians javelins are thrown into the melee and if you look at the edges you can see two carthaginians impaled on them...

totalwar-zone's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    I love the new pics we got
    I hope I find some time to update the OP soon...

Why not short and today?
    Empire Total war Symbolic

Primicerius

When will we see a new Dev Diary? I really want to see some new gameplay.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Dan113112 View Post
    When will we see a new Dev Diary? I really want to see some new gameplay.
    I agree. I really want to see some new gameplay and see how they have progressed since releasing the siege of Carthage videos.

i read somewhere last week that they were preparing game play footage of the historic battle with the germans, i'm not sure why they haven't released it yet.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by I2ain_2_Battle View Post
    i read somewhere last week that they were preparing game play footage of the historic battle with the germans, i'm not sure why they haven't released it yet.
    Hopefully some time this week they will release it, or maybe the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    From the screens of the fighting and the description, I think that is how the battle will be. If playing as the Romans it would be completely impossible to win (or escape as the objective apparently is) if they were as confined as they were in real life lol.
    Yeah, there would probably also be serious pathfinding issues. Units would just get stuck and stop responding.

Amazing.

Lavrentivs's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    Basicly there are no centurions in those pictures, the crest that is being depicted here belongs to Optiones and decurions not to centurions
    The centurions should have the horizontal crest as it is widely known, and they usually had decorations on their armor.
    The Centurionate had both transverse crests and those which went front-to-back, usually ending with a 'horse-tail' at the back.

Vegetius mentions that the centurionate generally wore silvered helms with a transverse crest, and there are two military tombstones from the time of the principate clearly displaying transverse crests, those of M. Marcus Petronius Classicus (Poetovium):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

and Calidus Severus (Carnuntum):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

along with a Weisenau type helmet found with a transverse fitting in Sisak, Croatia (now displayed in the Museum of Zagreb), which unfortunately I cannot find an image of.

However, a centurion wearing a weisanau type helm with a plume that goes front-to-back can be seen on the Arc D'Orange, in addition to one from an un-named centurion's tombstone at Este which is very similar to the helmets depicted on the monument to the Julii in Saint-Remy. Unfortunately, I cannot find sufficient images of these details, but the evidence is there for both crest types.

There is nothing very wrong about a centurion wearing a crest that goes front-to-back, either types can be used.

totalwar-zone's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Revan View Post
    Hopefully some time this week they will release it, or maybe the next week.
    i´m sure that will be come.....
    Empire Total war Symbolic