Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator-2
    It's been a while since I've been around on the TWC forums, before this mod was pretty unstable what with random, sometimes terminal CTD's popping up all the time. Has this gone away, or should I wait for RTRPE 1.7 and 1.3? I'm very eager to try my hand at the campaign (at last! a challanging Roman campaign! ) but if it'll just CTD on me I'd rather just wait a few more days.

PS- I have Imp. II v 1.2 installed from earlier, can I play that version, or is there a new patch?
    The latest patch is v1.2 . v1.3 patch together with Add-ons pack 2 will come out after RTRPE 1.7 is out.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

The latest patch is v1.2 . v1.3 patch together with Add-ons pack 2 will come out after RTRPE 1.7 is out.
    so should I wait for 1.3 or is 1.2 stable?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator-2
    so should I wait for 1.3 or is 1.2 stable?
    If you wanted to start a new campaign, probably best to wait for 1.3 as there's some late era CTD issues that were fixed with RTPE 1.7 which I included in the patch. However, if you're free, pm me and I'll give you the link if you would like some beta test. :tooth:

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Quote Originally Posted by Meldon
    I just tried out those two txts and indeed it worked well in my campaign, though I still would like to try to give stone walls to at least the most important cities on the map right from the beginning, as I donīt trust the AI on if it will really them until I reach it. And I really donīt want to end up attacking a carthage without stone walls, for that would be more than anticlimatic... :wink:
    However, Iīm pretty inexperienced in modding, so could anyone direct me to where one can change the buildings a city gets from the beginning (if there is such a file) and maybe tell me if the change would be savegame compatible?
    Heh, I know what you mean...

Changing a settlement's starting buildings seems to be fairly easy, as it all requires is that you edit the desc_strat.txt found in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign.

For example, if I wanted to give the Carthagian settlement in Sicily stone walls in preparation for my Punic Wars, i'd open up descr_txt, do ctrl + f "Karthadast" (because scrolling down to find a faction other than SPQR is just inhumane), then locate the settlement by its region and proceed to change the three lines as follows:

ORIGINAL
    MODIFIED

Unfortunately, as far as I know, this method is not save game compatible. My 'wooden wall fix' actually forced me to start a new campaign, as I was CTD two turns from my save point. To merit the start of a completely new campaign, and as I way of repenting for the loss of an authentic 20 year old genius tribune (he was the product of an adopted son :p), I went into desc_strat and changed the names of my generals so that I could watch the development of the Cornelius Scipio, Iulius Caesar and Fabius Maximus families Of course, with my luck, a heroic victory against Pyrrhus and Epiros's faction heir is rendered meaningless when a small force of Carthagians land in Italy (BI goodness ), betray me, and conquer Arretium, killing Iulius Caesar in the process...
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Invoker's Avatar Philosopher-King

Bah, I wish I had BI so I could play this...maybe soon...
    Servant in the House of Siblesz under the Patronage of the fallen Crandar.

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife@iol.pt
    I m in 252 BC and i just see 3 or 4 factions disapear . illiria, sarmatria, Phartia and other i dont remenber.I realy didnīt see but the game tolad me, and Why ?
    Because Macedonia and Seleucia are to strong , you have to restablish the helsopont (Bizantio ) landbrige to clash those overpowered kingdons ,and for what i see im the 3Š power faction the others (fews)living factions are residuals,(greece are only one citiy).
    Well i dont fully agree with that. The first campain i startet was about the same as u describe ... may b even worse. in 245BC germany, thracia, ilyria, numidia, greek cities and that other greek faction were destroyed. All by macedon exept numidia of course. even sarmatria was pretty screwed.
    Bored of that i startet a new one and it is definetly the most challanging and ballanced campain i ever played.
    At the beginning i send my spy and my diplomat over to greece. as usual macedon and the greek cities startet their war pretty early... like 278 i think. As it went pretty bad for the greek cities i got some cheat money and raised a merc army (usualy i dont use that cheat ... but hell in 270 i couldnt afford anything and i didnt wanna play the same campain again). I aided the greek cities in 2 big defence fights at athens and helped them to conquer thessalia. In that last fight my general was killed and i decided to focus on my own buissness. So what happend now?
    In Greece macedon and the greek cities continued their war and have beaten each other very badly, but noone could gain the upper hand. Only thing that happend is that macedon took sparta and the greek cities took the city above thessalia. In 240 BC after 40 years of war and withouth a winner they decided to ceasefire. about the same happend to thracia and ilyria, but in 260 germany finaly decided to expand slowly and attack thracia. the tide turned and thracia became a client kindom of germany. So till 235 (my current save) nothing major happend in greece and the north. all factions are still alive and beating the hell out of each other and still the borders are historically quite accurad.
    When i tried to take sardinia and sicily i had the best punic war ever. Everytime i conquerd a carthaginian city they kept sending full stack after full stack by the ship. in that time i would only afford 1 1/2 legions (the 1/2 to hold the northern border to gaul and the other to take sicily) and i had a lot of beating. it was impossible to hold against all that stuff the carthaginias send and the gauls on the other side. finaly i could built a war harbour in tarentum. So what i did was raise a fleet sank all of the carthaginian boats and blocked their ports afterwards. Well but carthage was so exausted after the war with me and spain, that numidia declared war on them and drove them of africa lol .
    So now i am trying to push back the gauls, wich proved to be a pain in the ass. they became very strong and i am their only foe.

In doing that i had the best battle i ever fought btw. 1 legion (3000 men) and 5 units of italic pedites as reinforcements against 2 full stacks and a half stack garrison from arretium (8000 men). luckyly their reinforcements came in diffrent waves. i drove of the wirst full stack ... then the garrision... but the 2nd full stack ... omg just in the moment the lines clashed all of my hastatii routed ... send my principed in and tried to hold the line. now my auxilliary forces at the flanks routed too ... i send my 2 tiarii in ... i was sure i lost this fight. however i managed to rally my troups and flanked the gauls ... was a very tough fight. 300 of my man survied at the end lol

okay ... back to topic. the eastern empires are doing quit a good job by beating the hell out of each other without destroying the balance. as usual it is 'all vs selucid', but noone is doing very great progress... great balance in my campain ... may b im just lucky, but this really rocks, as i love to play a lil historical ;p

btw lestat i love u lol
    Last edited by Rockingduck; August 14, 2006 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockingduck
    Well i dont fully agree with that. The first campain i startet was about the same as u describe ... may b even worse. in 245BC germany, thracia, ilyria, numidia, greek cities and that other greek faction were destroyed. All by macedon exept numidia of course. even sarmatria was pretty screwed.
    Bored of that i startet a new one and it is definetly the most challanging and ballanced campain i ever played.
    At the beginning i send my spy and my diplomat over to greece. as usual macedon and the greek cities startet their war pretty early... like 278 i think. As it went pretty bad for the greek cities i got some cheat money and raised a merc army (usualy i dont use that cheat ... but hell in 270 i couldnt afford anything and i didnt wanna play the same campain again). I aided the greek cities in 2 big defence fights at athens and helped them to conquer thessalia. In that last fight my general was killed and i decided to focus on my own buissness. So what happend now?
    In Greece macedon and the greek cities continued their war and have beaten each other very badly, but noone could gain the upper hand. Only thing that happend is that macedon took sparta and the greek cities took the city above thessalia. In 240 BC after 40 years of war and withouth a winner they decided to ceasefire. about the same happend to thracia and ilyria, but in 260 germany finaly decided to expand slowly and attack thracia. the tide turned and thracia became a client kindom of germany. So till 235 (my current save) nothing major happend in greece and the north. all factions are still alive and beating the hell out of each other and still the borders are historically quite accurad.
    When i tried to take sardinia and sicily i had the best punic war ever. Everytime i conquerd a carthaginian city they kept sending full stack after full stack by the ship. in that time i would only afford 1 1/2 legions (the 1/2 to hold the northern border to gaul and the other to take sicily) and i had a lot of beating. it was impossible to hold against all that stuff the carthaginias send and the gauls on the other side. finaly i could built a war harbour in tarentum. So what i did was raise a fleet sank all of the carthaginian boats and blocked their ports afterwards. Well but carthage was so exausted after the war with me and spain, that numidia declared war on them and drove them of africa lol .
    So now i am trying to push back the gauls, wich proved to be a pain in the ass. they became very strong and i am their only foe.

In doing that i had the best battle i ever fought btw. 1 legion (3000 men) and 5 units of italic pedites as reinforcements against 2 full stacks and a half stack garrison from arretium (8000 men). luckyly their reinforcements came in diffrent waves. i drove of the wirst full stack ... then the garrision... but the 2nd full stack ... omg just in the moment the lines clashed all of my hastatii routed ... send my principed in and tried to hold the line. now my auxilliary forces at the flanks routed too ... i send my 2 tiarii in ... i was sure i lost this fight. however i managed to rally my troups and flanked the gauls ... was a very tough fight. 300 of my man survied at the end lol

okay ... back to topic. the eastern empires are doing quit a good job by beating the hell out of each other without destroying the balance. as usual it is 'all vs selucid', but noone is doing very great progress... great balance in my campain ... may b im just lucky, but this really rocks, as i love to play a lil historical ;p

btw lestat i love u lol
    Thanks for the feedbacks. All give feedbacks that the Greeks need some money cheat to be able to hold Macedon. I think that's the most major issue which will be for the next patch and hopefully the final version.

Since the weekend has passed and RTRPE 1.7 hasn't come out yet it leaves me still time for some changes. There are some good suggestion also that I recied and I will incorporate that depending of further testings.

I'm replaying Julii campaign (vanilla RTW) and I always see that Macedon is one of the faction that almost get defeated early in the campaign. I migh make Greeks astronger at least in the peninsular early on while nerfing the Macedon's alot.... :hmmm:

My current campaign has had its ups or downs, but regardless, it's definitely of the best RTW experiences i've ever had.

Weary of seeing the Greek cities conquered by the Macedonians in nearly every campaign, I modified Greece's strat map AI, gave them additional Spartan hoplites in each of their starting armies, and cheated around 30,000 denari for them over the course of 20 turns. I was pleased to see that due to these changes the Greeks were conquering Thracian territory and holding their own against the Macedonians. Eager to see them in control of the entire region, I intended to send my faction heir (would he be considered the proconsul? I know Scipio Africanus, Pompey and Caesar were all granted the title when they waged foreign wars..) with his battle hardened legion (that had recently driven back the scripted Pyrrhus to Croton), and was extremely dismayed when a fleet of pirates sunk them on route to Greece...

Without an available army to march on foot to Macedonia, and without a war harbour to construct more vessels, I resorted to assassination as a means of aiding the Greeks. I noticed that the Greeks, with their large gifts of denari, had been creating much larger armies, but they were composed primarily of levies and normal hoplites. Why the Greeks don't strengthen their forces with Athenians and Spartans is beyond me...

Anyway, despite my best efforts, the superior Macedonian units beat back the levy armies of Greece and simply because I was guarding Syracuse against Illyrian naval invasion, the Greeks ultimately betrayed me. As of now it's 268 BC, the Greek city states reside on Sicily and Crete, and Carthage is sending fleets into Gual and defending two provinces. It should be interesting watching how the AI develops and expands its empires...
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Quote Originally Posted by Pnutmaster
    My current campaign has had its ups or downs, but regardless, it's definitely of the best RTW experiences i've ever had.

Weary of seeing the Greek cities conquered by the Macedonians in nearly every campaign, I modified Greece's strat map AI, gave them additional Spartan hoplites in each of their starting armies, and cheated around 30,000 denari for them over the course of 20 turns. I was pleased to see that due to these changes the Greeks were conquering Thracian territory and holding their own against the Macedonians. Eager to see them in control of the entire region, I intended to send my faction heir (would he be considered the proconsul? I know Scipio Africanus, Pompey and Caesar were all granted the title when they waged foreign wars..) with his battle hardened legion (that had recently driven back the scripted Pyrrhus to Croton), and was extremely dismayed when a fleet of pirates sunk them on route to Greece...

Without an available army to march on foot to Macedonia, and without a war harbour to construct more vessels, I resorted to assassination as a means of aiding the Greeks. I noticed that the Greeks, with their large gifts of denari, had been creating much larger armies, but they were composed primarily of levies and normal hoplites. Why the Greeks don't strengthen their forces with Athenians and Spartans is beyond me...

Anyway, despite my best efforts, the superior Macedonian units beat back the levy armies of Greece and simply because I was guarding Syracuse against Illyrian naval invasion, the Greeks ultimately betrayed me. As of now it's 268 BC, the Greek city states reside on Sicily and Crete, and Carthage is sending fleets into Gual and defending two provinces. It should be interesting watching how the AI develops and expands its empires...
    Hmm.... So for a player not to resort to this cheat maybe I can put it in script for the Greeks to have extra money and elite units every 5 or 10 turns.... :hmmm:

Time to look again the Guide to Scripting... :tooth:

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo
    Hmm.... So for a player not to resort to this cheat maybe I can put it in script for the Greeks to have extra money and elite units every 5 or 10 turns.... :hmmm:

Time to look again the Guide to Scripting... :tooth:
    I guess. It's entirely up to the players, but I see it more as an optional download than an integral part of the next patch after RTRPE 1.7. I mean, from a historical viewpoint, the Greek city states were eventually swallowed up by a Macedonian kingdom.

If anything, I wouldn't mind an optional download pack that allowed you to reestablish the land bridges, enable the building of vessels at any settlement with a portus and war harbour (I have a feeling we'd see a helluva lot more naval invasions if the AI had more vessels to spare--they might even free the Mediterranean of pirate fleets :p), and somehow told the Greek AI to recruit more elite units rather than cannon fodder levies.
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

even more naval invasions? WAAAHHHHHHH ;D ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Rockingduck
    even more naval invasions? WAAAHHHHHHH ;D ^^
    In my next patch I make chages to the files which sets the naval invasion prefer to no. The AI still makes them, though not as frequently. I just started my own testing and the Illyrian sends the first boat of the six turn, not the 2nd like before while the Carthaganiana hacven't send any marines yet to Italy.

I Just drove the Epirotes from Italy, and now taking the rebel town.... Would like to see if my attemp at nerfing makedonia succeed.

Tiro

I am not sure you are aware of a minor spelling mistake in the export_descr_character_traits.txt

Level Fears_Carthaginians
    Description Fears_Carthaginians_desc
    EffectsDescription Fears_Carthaginians_effects_desc
    Threshold 4

Effect Combat_V_Cathaginians -1

I am sure you can see what is wrong with this word.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaias
    I am not sure you are aware of a minor spelling mistake in the export_descr_character_traits.txt

Level Fears_Carthaginians
    Description Fears_Carthaginians_desc
    EffectsDescription Fears_Carthaginians_effects_desc
    Threshold 4

Effect Combat_V_Cathaginians -1

I am sure you can see what is wrong with this word.
    Yup. I'm actually waiting for feedback from RTRPE team. It's was discussed before but I couldn't remember...

Tiro

Ok. I didn't know if it was a mistake or not. I figured it wouldn't hurt to mention it, as it may or may not have cause problems. I bring it up as I was doing a few minor tweaks with the file to suit my needs. More specifically I was comparing this file with the one in Candalerius Extended Realism mod, and found this mistake (assuming it is), as he has used the spelling "Carthaginian" for the same trait.

Tiro

Do you have any plans on strengthening Numidia as you are going to do with Kronion Helleon [sp?]? I every game that I have played so far they are wiped out before 270 BC by Carthage.

Considering how busy the player is with Italia and having no money, there isn't really a way to aid Numidia. Also having Carthage and Numidia in an alliance with the player really doesn't make any sense, seeing that Carthage always attacks Numidia, making the alliance with Numidia defunct.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaias
    Do you have any plans on strengthening Numidia as you are going to do with Kronion Helleon [sp?]? I every game that I have played so far they are wiped out before 270 BC by Carthage.

Considering how busy the player is with Italia and having no money, there isn't really a way to aid Numidia. Also having Carthage and Numidia in an alliance with the player really doesn't make any sense, seeing that Carthage always attacks Numidia, making the alliance with Numidia defunct.
    I hope so.... Wuth the news from Marcus Camillus that the release of RTRPE 1.7 will be very, very soon I planned the release of patch 1.3 (add-on pack 2) latest by next weekend. I wish I can release it sooner, but my time online is quite very limited now.

I just open another branch of my restaurant so by having both now really, really takes whatever spare time I have. Don't even really have time to spare unfortunately even to play a few turns.

However, if anyone have even some personal updates and would like to share it with all Imperator II players you can either send me the files and I'll incorporate it to the mod. I have plans (since there's probably going to be RTRPE 1.8) to add another provincial campaign probably strictly during imperial legion time.... If time permits..

Til then, happy campaigning.

well in my campain numidia droe the carthaginians off africa ;p

btw letat plz have a look into my save game ... (pm) ... hope u can help me that i can continue my campain ;:<

Does this mod have the Mundus Magnus latest map?or the RTR 6.0 map?i saw in the ss a diffrent map and when i installed it it had RTR 6.0 map.

Quote Originally Posted by anunnak
    Does this mod have the Mundus Magnus latest map?or the RTR 6.0 map?i saw in the ss a diffrent map and when i installed it it had RTR 6.0 map.
    The different map you saw was for the next project. For this version it uses the RTR Gold/Platinum map with some provinces added/changed.

The details are in the first post.

Version date: August 22th 2006

* Add-on pack 2
    ------------------------------------
    * Added Marian Campaign (provincial campaign start date 100 BC - disclamer: this is not an actual Gaius Marius historical campaign)
    * Added patch v1.3

Version date: August 11th 2006

* Changelog v1.3
    ------------------------------------
    * Corrected 'germen clubmen' recruitment (only) german faction only recruitable - eckhart
    * Corected wrong entry for 'barb chieftain dacian' - eckhart
    * Corrected misspell in descr_character_traits.txt - eckhart
    * Corrected some missing vegetation files - eckhart
    * Corrected misspell in descr_ancillaries.txt - Stoter
    * Corrected wrong wall entry descr_cultures.txt - TWADDICT
    * Corrected wrong spelling in export_descr_character_traits.txt - Gaias
    * Added (updated) Darth formation v16 - Darth Vader
    * Added back all walls levels entry - Pnutmaster
    * Added AI cheat money script to help smaller faction survived - base on EB's script
    * Added optional show flag on strat map
    Above are the current work status on the next 1.3 patch (add-on pack 2). If I have missed anything of the bugs reported, don't forget to remind me.

As for the release date, it'll be up to when Marcus Camillus released RTRPE 1.7
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; August 22, 2006 at 06:12 PM.