Thread: Which version to download?

Default Which version to download?

I see there are 2 versions available: 1.3+ and 2.0
    So what the different between the two? Which should i download? Can i use both of them at the same time?

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Which version to download?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSkyrie View Post
    I see there are 2 versions available: 1.3+ and 2.0
    So what the different between the two? Which should i download? Can i use both of them at the same time?
    I'll add your questions to the sticky FAQ, and they'll get answers there.
    Edit: Done.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 22, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I'm so in love with battle A.I but there are some problems:
    -First: when in battle, all of the unit look like they a reenacting a battle not fighting it, both side shot more than haft of the ammunition but incredibly only more than 15 man of each side dead [battle last for 20'], swear that a cavalry charge can do more than that in 15 secs.
    -Second: Unit price are so high, 1k to 2k for a unit?, its more expensive than a ship. Kinda weird

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSkyrie View Post
    I'm so in love with battle A.I but there are some problems:
    -First: when in battle, all of the unit look like they a reenacting a battle not fighting it, both side shot more than haft of the ammunition but incredibly only more than 15 man of each side dead [battle last for 20'], swear that a cavalry charge can do more than that in 15 secs.
    -Second: Unit price are so high, 1k to 2k for a unit?, its more expensive than a ship. Kinda weird
    Thanks for reporting.

Regarding NER+: The mod is done for the coalition campaign and its 4 factions (do not judge from the custom battle mode, just in case you did).

Campaign NER+: Actually i mainly reduced unit recruitment costs and even mainly upped the economy, compared to NER vanilla, just to help the AI to get up. Some things are going to be adjusted, but besides realism i always consider AI gameplay (your enemy, France has a lot bonusses regarding unit-costs and much more). However battle-ships are more expensive now in 1.35 (which i'll release today). And you shall first look that you update your economy, war without economy isn't possible. If you do that, then you should have less issues to recruit units, play one year, recruit only some very necessary units, build-up, and you might swim in money.

Battle in campaign NER+: That a cavalry charge (if it suceeds) can do more, is even realistic for me, however in 1.35 i reduced the chance for cavalry to survive that good if it charges a quality inf unit, as it is in 1.3. For more lethality with inf vs. AI inf shooting, you'll need skirmishers (light inf and jäger units in light inf behaviour). Else, a unit that is reduced to a certain number will break and retreat (mabye it comes back though). Further, tactics are important, ie. flank them, and you'll see what happens. Regarding realism, imagine you are in a unit in the Napoleonic period, in a frontal shooting and left and right from you, your friends die, would you still stand and fight, no, you would run away ... the reality wasn't different, the common soldier (line inf) here is not a knight or warrior, but they stand as long as morale is up, means, they shoot, as long as the unit stands and has ammo, and no cavalry or superior inf enemy attacks. This is what i try to reflect. However, this said, i'll still increase fatigue parameters (which iirc. lowered a bit) for line inf, so they might break earlier, simply from their "work".
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 02, 2012 at 12:48 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.