Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1221

Thread: [ACW] Feedback & Discussion Thread

Default Re: [ACW] Feedback & Discussion Thread

Is there any reason that armies speak as if they are native Americans in hiding?

Trig, no need to be like that. I'd like to know, and if there's any grunt work for a layman to do I'll be glad to help without credit. This mod is fantastic, and it was my impression that compiling the files into one launcher and streamlining the installation process was just one step in the making of ACW.

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by 26th North Carolina Redcoat View Post
    Trig, no need to be like that. I'd like to know, and if there's any grunt work for a layman to do I'll be glad to help without credit. This mod is fantastic, and it was my impression that compiling the files into one launcher and streamlining the installation process was just one step in the making of ACW.
    Whaddyamean not be like that? I cannot legitimately wanna retire in a tropical paradise with a drink with a little umbrella in it in my hand? You'd have me work in the coal mine for the rest of my life?

Help is always appreciated. You know by now about as well as anyone here of all the many issues ACW has. The copy you can download is the one I have too. Wanna find a way to fix some issues, you're most welcome to. I can't cause I just did the graphics stuff. But if you manage to, you'll get all the credit for it.

What's next for the mod? I have no idea. It entirely depends on what people like you and everyone else here are willing to do with it.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

The general's bodyguard unit should have more morale. Having the unit rout after taking three losses in every battle is pretty annoying for those of us who love the historical generals. The general's bodyguard unit should have almost impossible-to-break morale. How to code this in, I haven't the slightest clue. But thats a specific problem that I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Oforrsteel View Post
    Is there any reason that armies speak as if they are native Americans in hiding?
    Fixing all the sound issues requires use of symphony. It is tricky... have at it.

Excellent mod, but why do my boys all sound like damnyankees? It is most discouraging. Are the sound files for Confederates not available? Perhaps they could be "borrowed" from Sid Meier's Gettysburg, which I'm sure has lapsed into the public domain by now. I could upload them if needed.

Kooperrider's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Severino View Post
    Excellent mod, but why do my boys all sound like damnyankees? It is most discouraging. Are the sound files for Confederates not available? Perhaps they could be "borrowed" from Sid Meier's Gettysburg, which I'm sure has lapsed into the public domain by now. I could upload them if needed.
    The game utilizes the default voicepack for the Americans. There isn't anything added for the voices. Some of the default American voices are Southern btw.

Hi Guys, I downloaded the new version 3.6. And did a single battle with using Spain, found a bug when I dismounted the Spanish Cuban cavalry, Not sure if they had rifles, but when dismounted they seemed to handle a stick or pole at times.. or an invisible stick. Can that be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveholmes View Post
    Hi Guys, I downloaded the new version 3.6. And did a single battle with using Spain, found a bug when I dismounted the Spanish Cuban cavalry, Not sure if they had rifles, but when dismounted they seemed to handle a stick or pole at times.. or an invisible stick. Can that be fixed?

Noted and fixed, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pappagoat View Post
    Noted and fixed, thanks.

BTW. Gentlemen, again amazing mod! Playing CSA, and Lord baby Jesus. Those damn Yankees did a sneak attack and claimed war and sank all my navy, before I was able todo anything. And they surounded Richmond with over 6 thousand troops.

Another bug though, when doing diplomacy, France, Haiti, Granadine Confederation, Netherlands, Spain when trying to make trade deal, all said Missing string.

Though was able to make trade deal with England and the United States.
    Also did trade deal with Empire of Mexico and ally myself with them. Even if Missing string was shown.

I'm playing Hard/Hard, I don't remember if there was a special setting to play?

Again cheers for the person that did the all in one installer, worked like a charm.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Steveholmes; July 08, 2015 at 05:49 PM.

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Steveholmes View Post
    And they surounded Richmond with over 6 thousand troops.
    Did the game not crash at or after the Richmond siege?

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Domesticus

Curious, I'll just ask it here so I dont have to make a thread. Im really big into the Imperial Destroyer mod, but because of recent events and becoming interested in the Civil War, I wanna know, can I install this along side ID?

I dont think that Imperial Destroyer modifies any main game files. Otherwise I'd have to do the whole reinstallation thing

Anyway, look forward to playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Not yet, I will soon find out when they do attack. I'll try to save Richmond and relieve it by an counter attack with Stone Wall's Brigade division. After I successfully destroy the Yankee invasion of Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Curious, I'll just ask it here so I dont have to make a thread. Im really big into the Imperial Destroyer mod, but because of recent events and becoming interested in the Civil War, I wanna know, can I install this along side ID?

I dont think that Imperial Destroyer modifies any main game files. Otherwise I'd have to do the whole reinstallation thing

Always keep an Original copy of your ETW, on a desktop folder named OriginalETW. Saves you time downloading ETW from steam.

Okay.. still doing some play testing on single battles 4 versus 4.

Like previously mentioned,
    Spain : Spanish Cuban cavalry, missing sword, when attacking or when dismounting, seems to want to carry a lance.
    Spain : Spanish reg cavalry, missing ammo & cap pouches.
    Spain : Free black men, missing ammo & cap pouches.
    Spain : light infantry, missing ammo & cap pouches.
    Spain : Reg infantry, missing ammo & cap pouches.
    Spain : Cuban militia all good.

Granadine Confederation units seems all good.

Uniteds States of Colombia units seems all good.

Bolivian Rep. Venezuela:
    Venezual Guard : Missing ammo & cap pouches.
    Venezual Reg : All good.

Netherlands :
    Netherland not sure what unit? : they are all in old ETW green uniform and helmets on are missing ammo & cap pouches.
    Maybe it was this you wanted to represent?

Netherland Regs : missing ammo & cap pouches.

Mexican Empire:
    Mexican Imperial anti Guerillas: missing ammo & cap pouches.

French:
    French artilery: Missing ammo pouch.

Thats it for now.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

You are aware of the fact that the foreign units are nothing more then a little present by the team and that they are not really designed to be historical accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    You are aware of the fact that the foreign units are nothing more then a little present by the team and that they are not really designed to be historical accurate?

Yes I'm very aware of that. But I also like to involve foreign powers to my cause, when playing the campaign.
    Also I like to use in mutiplayer mod, other foreign nations, as to play the Spanish-American war. Or the Fenian Wars.
    Again I can't stress enough of the incredible detail, visually and documentary that this game has on the CSA and US army. BRAVO to all the team. Bravo!

There is nothing wrong to fix some details. Being this game so detailed.
    Last edited by Steveholmes; July 09, 2015 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Sadly after a lenthy battle againsts waves and waves of Yankees attacking the fort at Richmond, my forces defeated over 8000 yankees, with much courage. Alas, at the end of the battle. It crashed.
    But I did save the replay.
    In automatic I lose the battle and they take Richmond. losing over 2000 odd men killing some 1760 men against 8700 men.

I just got a new laptop so im reinstalling acw but when I try to install it WinRAR says that the file is corrupt or can not be read by WinRAR. I"ve tried installing it on moddb and several other threads but I always get the same issue. Funny thing is I have been able to install other mods with no issues. Any ideas guys? My laptop is running windows 8 inspiron 15 3000 series AMD A6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post

I am not sure how ID works but you should not have to reinstall ETW when changing mods as any mod should not be altering the vanilla packs.

ACW will likely not work when ID pack files are loaded into the data folder. Similarly ID will likely not work while ACW pack files are loaded into the data folder. You will have to remove the pack files of any mod from the data folder, to any other folder, to then be able to load a different mod.

For ACW this is easy, just use the Auto Loader and when closing click the return to vanilla option. Then go inside the data folder and manually delete "bg_boot_zor.pack".

Note: This does not uninstall the mod, it just unloads the mod packs from the data folder to a storage folder.