Thread: Greek Fire

Default Greek Fire

I am sorry if I seem very annoying, but are you planning to put in Greek Flamethrowers/Greek Firethrowers?

Default Re: Greek Fire

My opinion about greek fire, that legend is an lie, because the history say that fire, could fire even in the water and if you tried to put water on it and not sand or urinate it will fire more and more, this is really crap, because when they used on the boats fighting with turkis on the sea they could burn the whole sea and probably today we would had an burning sea instead of Mediterranean or Black Sea.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Focus on sec 50.
    You may not beleive that 7th-11th century greeks(byxantines)were so advanced comparing to west europeans that lived in the mug but history is result of facts and not beliefs.
    Hand version of greek siphon.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by AnthoniusII; April 25, 2012 at 01:12 PM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

You really believe this? I can see it's an reconstruction...and think Ex. East Roman Empire ,Byzantium after, you think they didn't lose battle's on the South with Turkish? and they really didn't lose any of that weapons flame thrower on the battle field? I don't know geography of the Istanbul city ex. Byzant. probably they have petrol and at that time they improved gas like in WW1/WW2 for flame throwers.I respect Greece for them old history who evolved and explained many things about math etc etc, but this with greek fire is crap like Arthur and the Round Table knights...It's mine opinion nobody can change it, we can believe in what we want...I believe in what I see...even in God I don't believe,I'm Christian but another crap is when Jesus fly to the sky...

Firstly, Greek Fire is known to have been used and recorded. Secondly, Greek Fire is chemical mix which was very volatile, mixed with probably with a alkaline metal which meant that it could react with water. However, due to the fact that it is a limited reactant, the chemicals forming Greek Fire would eventually die down when the chemical was used up.

Anyway, all I want to know is whether Chivalry TW team is planning to create a Greek Fire/Flamethrower unit

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Anyway, all I want to know is whether Chivalry TW team is planning to create a Greek Fire/Flamethrower unit
    I am affraid no. The Chivalry 1.07 is probably to be the final version of the mod, however, thera are still some submods like FCRC ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=424806) in development.

You really believe this? I can see it's an reconstruction...and think Ex. East Roman Empire ,Byzantium after, you think they didn't lose battle's on the South with Turkish? and they really didn't lose any of that weapons flame thrower on the battle field? I don't know geography of the Istanbul city ex. Byzant. probably they have petrol and at that time they improved gas like in WW1/WW2 for flame throwers.I respect Greece for them old history who evolved and explained many things about math etc etc, but this with greek fire is crap like Arthur and the Round Table knights...It's mine opinion nobody can change it, we can believe in what we want...I believe in what I see...even in God I don't believe,I'm Christian but another crap is when Jesus fly to the sky...
    IIRC, thre are also records that Turks used greek fire against the crusaders during the 1st crusade.
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; April 27, 2012 at 01:40 PM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

are you planning to put in Greek Flamethrowers/Greek Firethrowers?
    No, not a greek siphon (launcher) at least. Can be a part of submod(s) though.

We have the manual greek fire throwers in the mod.

IIRC, thre are also records that Turks used greek fire against the crusaders during the 1st crusade.
    Yes, but historically the Fatimids, who governed Jerusalem at the time.
    It was thrown by hand, a launcher is afaik not recorded for this instance at least.

I am affraid no. The Chivalry 1.07 is probably to be the final version of the mod
    Just depends. Whenever certain team members, who sometime in the past promised and worked on certain contents, decide to come back, then there will be another final update with those contents (primarily voice-modding and events modding is meant here, but also other possible updates).
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 27, 2012 at 06:02 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Thank you for your time DaVinci!

We have the manual greek fire throwers in the mod.
    However, I beieve they are only available in custom battles, DV could you confirm this information?
    Yes, but historically the Fatimids, who governed Jerusalem at the time.
    Oh, yes now I remember.
    Just depends. Whenever certain team members, who sometime in the past promised and worked on certain contents, decide to come back, then there will be another final update with those contents (primarily voice-modding and events modding is meant here, but also other possible updates).
    That would be really great

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by LordXarax View Post
    We cannot base our modding work on opinions, but just on accessable sources, greek fire is sourced a lot (even i put up only a wiki source here, just for the short reference).

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    However, I beieve they are only available in custom battles, DV could you confirm this information?

Oh, yes now I remember.

That would be really great
    Bold: Uhm, can't remember it ... if this is the case, would be easy to enable them for the campaign ... will look into it sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjia98 View Post
    Thank you for your time DaVinci!
    Thank you for putting out the thing.

One thing, look up, if they are not as merc available, in the according regions. Actually cannot remember what i did with them. However, for a campaign update, at least the Fatimid defenders of Jerusalem should get 1 fire thrower unit, minimum
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 28, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

However, for a campaign update, at least the Fatimid defenders of Jerusalem should get 1 fire thrower unit, minimum
    Actually, the RK campaign starts in 1072 so Jerusalem is still in the hands of Seljuks, in CE campaign it is alredy in the hands of Crusaders

Patrician Artifex

Yep, you are right

So i looked into the edb file:
    recruit "naptha throwers" 1 requires factions { thrace, pontus, parthia, } and hidden_resource turk
    Recruitable in large city siege engineer, by both Seljuk factions and East-Romans.

... so the RK campaign could get an update in a way that Jerusalem gets the building from the start ... ehm, of course should also be valid then for the later CE campaign.
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 28, 2012 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks for loking into it:
    Make them recruitable also by Fatimids could be a good idea anyway.
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; April 29, 2012 at 03:05 PM.