Page 74 of 178 FirstFirst ... 244964656667686970717273747576777879808182838499124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 3553

Thread: I'm currently listening to

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Default Re: I'm currently listening to

The good thing about Japan is they sound better live, listen to this Marvin Gay classic, the innovative drumming and the smooth as silk voice of David Sylvian.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Chris & Carla -Fly High Brave Dreamers

The by the Walkabouts masterminds 2007 released album with 11 tracks. Just incredible wonderful.

Track 1, At The Twilight's Last Gleaming

Track 2, Things We Should Have Known

Track 4, Taking Leave Of Our Senses

Track 10, Fly High Brave Dreamers
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 01, 2018 at 09:47 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I'm listening to Nick Cave and loving the Murder Ballads album. Its so ed up and dark. Lots of swearing and graphic descriptions of violence so beware.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Patrician Artifex

^ Excellent take and music taste, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds are premier gods within the olymp of music artists. Murder Ballads has been the first Cave cd album i got back in the 90s. Owned a few LPs formerly.
    Getting any other Cave album or collaboration with Nick wouldn't be a mistake, fe. the Grinderman albums.

---

I'm just finished listening to

Carla Torgerson - Saint Stranger

The 2004 released album with 11 tracks (plus 2 hidden at the end), produced by Akis Boyatzis and Carla Torgerson is the most outstanding or unique album work by Carla,
    if one views her work within the Walkabouts' music. Chris Eckman, or any other musician of the Walkabouts have here no credits and thus probably indicates the fact, that
    the album does not sound like Walkabouts. There is one Seattle collegue, Michael B. Willet, who signs responsible for sound experiments, but else Greek musicians dominate.

Track 1, Pelagic

Track 2, Today Is Tomorrow, Another Day

Track 3, Dust As We
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 21, 2018 at 06:28 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

Iggy And The Stooges - Raw Power

This 1973 released album runs under Proto Punk and became a kinda cult. It is said that a critique of the Rolling Stone magazine mentioned first time the word punk due to this album.

It's a violent sound and after listening the 8 tracks, one, or rather me, have also enough of that sound. Even the Sex Pistols or other later Punk bands sound soft to my ears in comparison.
    However, listening to that album one needs no coffee in the morning.

Anyways, many upcoming artists and bands have been influenced by that raw power of these guys.
    David Bowie liked the Stooges and this album is the first collaboration as he mixed it, and later on produced Iggy Pop within Pop's upcoming New Wave music, which went more kinda handsome (in comparison to the Stooges sound), still the wild thing was contained in a certain manner in many songs of Iggy Pop throughout his career. To fully understanding Iggy Pop's kinda anarchic aura, one must probably watch some of the live concerts.

The 8 tracks, yt's

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Track 1, Search And Destroy

Track 2, Gimme Danger

Track 3, Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell

Track 4, Penetration

Track 5, Raw Power

Track 6, I Need Somebody

Track 7, Shake Appeal

Track 8, Death Trip
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 22, 2018 at 05:54 AM.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Somehow accidentally deleted most of the playlist, so I have to start in the middle of F. So first, Freur with the 1983 album Doot Doot

More this time from Frankie Goes to Hollywood and Frijid Pink

Relax from 1984 Welcome to the Pleasuredome

Now onto Frijid Pink
    From the 1970 album Defrosted

From the 1972 album Earth Omen

And here is my favorite Frijid Pink song

Patrician Artifex

^ Two posts on one day and within a few minutes. You should merge them together, unless a moderator is doing that for you.

---

So after listening yesterday mere crachmatic music, today i choose finest Americana sound.

Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels On A Gravel Road

The 1998 released album with 13 tracks was produced by Roy Bittan (Springsteen's E Street Band fame) and co-produced by Lucinda herself, and afaik the album has some cultstatus in the American country&folk rock genre (which runs also under "Americana").

Few yt's

track 1, Right In Time

track 2, Car Wheels On A Gravel Road

track 3, 2 Cool 2 Be 4-Gotten

track 4, Drunken Angel
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 23, 2018 at 10:24 AM.

Got four more songs. First three are from the band Furniture.
    From the 1990 album Food, Sex and Paranoia

From their 1986 album The Wrong People

And then from the opening of an anime comes this song

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; April 26, 2018 at 11:26 AM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Patrician Artifex

For the meantime until i have the newest 2018 Dirtmusic album, few vids from their former albums.
    WTF, who's Dirtmusic? The core members are Chris Eckman (Walkabouts), Hugo Race (Bad Seeds), Chris Brokaw (Codeine) making amazing folkrock / worldmusic projects.

Dirtmusic feat. Aminata Wassidje Traore - La Paix (Peace)

from album 'Troubles', 2013

Dirtmusic - Black Gravity

from album 'BKO', 2010

Dirtmusic - All Tomorrow's Parties (Velvet Underground cover)

from album 'BKO', 2010

and one extra from Chris Eckman, solo album 'The Last Side Of The Mountain', 2008, feat. Anita Lipnicka, an artist famous in Poland.
    Chris Eckman - Who Will Light Your Path
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 27, 2018 at 11:49 AM.

Now onto Gary Numan. First some from his 1984 album Berserker. My favorite track from the album, Pump it Up, has that 80's sax sound which sounds amazing in conjunction with synthesizersA couple songs from his Crazier album from 2003From his 1981 album Dance. Dance seems to transition from the kinds of synth sounds he used in the song Cars, to the more "synth-funk" of his mid 80s albums.Last two from his 1998 album Exile

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; April 28, 2018 at 12:53 AM.

Today's gym tunes, "Incisions" by Oceano:
    Somewhat graphic cover

Oceano - Slow Murder

Hopefully i will become finally wake now...^^

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; April 28, 2018 at 09:14 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Tamikrest - Adagh

The debut album release 2010 with 11 tracks, recorded in Bamako/Mali.
    A Tuareg band produced by Chris Eckman, providing high quality desert blues. Executive producer Peter Weber, Glitterhouse Records.

Track 1, Outamachek

track 2, Aicha

Official Glitterhouse video, track 4, Tamiditin

track 5, Aratane N'Adagh

Video provided by Peter Weber, track 9, Adagh

track 11, Toumastin
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 28, 2018 at 10:40 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Chris Eckman & The Last Side Of The Mountain Band - Cortez The Killer

... just one of my favourite Neil Young songs

from Private House Concert, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 2017
    feat. Blaz Celarec, Anda Eckman, Mateja Bedenk Kosir, Polona Janezic, Ziga Golob, Bernard Kogovšek.

--

Have to spread the word for Eckman's collaboration with The Bambi Molesters, an impressive Croatian band, fe. also with bandproject calling The Strange, album Nights Of Forgotten Films, 2004

and a fine Bambi Molesters live piece from Croatian tv

--

Now onto so-called Pop Noir, or also "Folk Noir", where Eckman appears as producer for the two first albums of Andrea Schroeder

both above from album Blackbird, 2012 (with Eckman)

the three above from album Where The Wild Oceans End, 2014 (with Eckman)

the three above from album Void, 2016

Andrea with Swedish band Sällskapet, song Morgenlicht

from album Disparition, 2018
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 02, 2018 at 12:27 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Dirtmusic - BKO

The amazing 2nd album of the bandproject around Chris Eckman, Hugo Race and Chris Brokaw, released 2010, contains a 10 track cd plus a dvd with 4 films and 4 bonus songs.
    Imo. the Dirtmusic project provides the best contemporary worldmusic, that can be expected from the genre.

BKO documentary

Under the following yt link one can find (listening to) all 10 cd tracks: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...VE8ZVdnpLkqQv9
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 04, 2018 at 12:57 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Dirtmusic - Troubles

The 2013 released album with 11 tracks.
    Remaining coreteam is Chris Eckman and Hugo Race, backed by other African musicians from Mali than with the BKO album, thus the sound is different.
    At the time of this record, Mali was plagued by civil war, thus the album title Troubles.
    According to this background, song themes are about war and piece, love and hope, chanted in Songhai, Bambara, Tamashek and English language.

Making of, part 1

Making of, part 2

Link to all 11 tracks, yt: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...gigNgbR27MWd1t
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 05, 2018 at 10:26 AM.