Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: EditSF 1.0.8 - Added Bookmarks feature

Default Re: EditSF 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by zowrath View Post
    I would actually recommend people to use taw's tools to extract all the xml files, and then search through them for the values you want to change with EditSF so you more easily can know how many different places this value may be hidden. Use a program that has the Find in files-ability As mentioned earlier, change of end-year was in three different places.
    Unpacking with esf2xml from taw's tools seems to work quite well, thanks)

I've made an archive containing esf2xml supplied with 2 bat files that automatically extacts quicksave.save. To be able to use esf2xml extractor you'll need to have JRE and JRuby installed and run install_nokogiri.bat from esf2xml folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastadonte View Post
    Unpacking with esf2xml from taw's tools seems to work quite well, thanks)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastadonte View Post
    I've made an archive containing esf2xml supplied with 2 bat files that automatically extacts quicksave.save. To be able to use esf2xml extractor you'll need to have JRE and JRuby installed and run install_nokogiri.bat from esf2xml folder.
    How about you take that to where it's topical?
    This is not about esf2xml or a how to edit esf tutorial thread.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Miles

Thats one of the things i loved about this ESF editor, it has been be far the easiest tool to use and understand (and install). Every other tool like this esf2xml thing seem to darn complex. Takes hours to understand how to install it all correctly with all the necessary other downloads and then you need to learn how to use it! I'm sure it's very useful, but it's just too much effort for the minor changes i wish to make.

Default Re: EditSF 1.0.1

I did upload a new version, 1.0.1.
    It does set the type of the compressed section correctly now.

The game seems to still not be able to read the saves though...
    Try it out anyway, maybe I just got confused between all the files I have to juggle while testing this.
    Last edited by daniu; April 14, 2012 at 05:13 PM.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Miles

Hmm, 1.0.1. doesn't work either, it actually crashes my game when i try and load a modified saved game. But the Save function works ok now!

It causes a CTD for me when using a startpos.esf that has been saved for me as well

Default Re: EditSF 1.0.2 - Now working!

Finally did it! Uploaded 1.0.2.
    This works on the savegames I tried; files saved with it were able to be read by the game without CTD.

The size is still different from the original; that is because I always use the optimal size encoding when writing, while CA doesn't. They read it fine though, so no problem there.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Miles

Daniu, I could just kiss you! It works perfectly! Thank you!

With 1.0.2, I am able to edit save game files: values are changed, and they load with no CTD!

I greatly appreciate your work and effort!!!
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

Great!
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

How can I change the end date using EditSF??

Daniu, you rule man!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pnbjunior View Post
    How can I change the end date using EditSF??
    When you find out for the new format, make sure to post it here
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    When you find out for the new format, make sure to post it here
    I found where to change the end year for the new format after read the link you post but when I load the modified savegame it still the same end year.

But when I open the savegame with EditSF the end year is modified so what did I do wrong??

First, thanks for this tool .
    So now I can be edit save files but can't add or delete item. So how can do that ?

It's working fine. Thanks +rep

Quote Originally Posted by pnbjunior View Post
    I found where to change the end year for the new format after read the link you post but when I load the modified savegame it still the same end year.
    But when I open the savegame with EditSF the end year is modified so what did I do wrong??
    As I said, post in the thread I linked. This thread is about the editor tool only; what and how to edit is not topical here.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondle View Post
    First, thanks for this tool .
    So now I can be edit save files but can't add or delete item. So how can do that ?
    That's not in yet, partially because I don't even know what can be added without actually breaking the game.
    I'm pretty sure you can't just add any value (i.e., a row on the left hand side); it should however be possible to add records into record arrays (the numbered entries below the unnumbered ones with the same name on the left) and delete them from there, is that correct?
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Great work Daniu, well done many thanks for doing that.

One little request if i may.

Could you add editing options to right click please?

Also would it be possible to copy, delete, move not just individual fields but everything under a tree? Like i want to move campaign_env to another save game, is that possible?

Many thanks,

HWick
    Last edited by HWick; April 16, 2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by HWick View Post
    Could you add editing options to right click please?
    I'm not sure what you mean by that...
    Copy/paste for the values in the table view?

Also would it be possible to copy, delete, move not just individual fields but everything under a tree? Like i want to move campaign_env to another save game, is that possible?
    I'm not sure about copy/paste, but export to/import from file should be relatively easy for the first go.

First of all I'll be working on optimization though, the tool uses like 2GB of memory when saving...
    And the load/save could be faster overall.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    As I said, post in the thread I linked. This thread is about the editor tool only; what and how to edit is not topical here.
    Forgive my lack of attention . I'll post my question in the right thread now .