Thread: Anyone know of a casualty calc for hoi3?

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Anyone know of a casualty calc for hoi3?

I'm sure I saw a plugin that calculated monthly casualty stats at some stage, rather than having to resort to pen and paper, but can't find it.

Paradox is so anal about this matter it's ridiculous. People aren't asking for holocaust or civilian numbers to be tallied, just fighting men FFS. Just something that would automatically tally the battle casualties displayed in post-battle popups!

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Anyone know of a casualty calc for hoi3?

Nothing in the official forms due to the silliness you already mentioned (for god's sake, HOI2 had such statistics available; why not HOI3?), so if there is something then you'd have to do a google search to find it.

Been googling half the day. Just thought someone might know where to find it.

Last edited by boofhead; March 31, 2012 at 10:32 AM.

Unfortunately I don't have any help for you, but another related question...

Why is it so in HOI3 that there isn't such a thing, and why is asking about it such a taboo subject over on those forums? I asked once and got shot down, like it was some sort of fascist organisation silencing any opposition xD Wasn't even complaining, just asking what there reasons were...Essentially, why are they so against it that on those forum rules it even forbids you talking about it, and there's even one that forbids "bragging" about casualties or something like that. I mean, seriously? It's just a game the last time I checked.
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Icon7 Re: Anyone know of a casualty calc for hoi3?

Quote Originally Posted by a tw player View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have any help for you, but another related question...

Why is it so in HOI3 that there isn't such a thing, and why is asking about it such a taboo subject over on those forums? I asked once and got shot down, like it was some sort of fascist organisation silencing any opposition xD Wasn't even complaining, just asking what there reasons were...Essentially, why are they so against it that on those forum rules it even forbids you talking about it, and there's even one that forbids "bragging" about casualties or something like that. I mean, seriously? It's just a game the last time I checked.
    If you read that post from King in the HOI3 forum:
    Quote Originally Posted by King
    Well it took less than half a day here are the rules you must follow

NOTE: There will not be any gulags or deathcamps (including POW camps) to build in Hearts of Iron3, nor will there be the ability to simulate the Holocaust or systematic purges, so I ask you not to discuss these topics as they are not related to this game. Thank You. Threads bringing up will be closed without discussion.

NOTE: Strategic bombing in HoI3 will be abstracted and not allow you to terror bomb civilians specifically. Chemical weapons will also not be included in the game. Any threads that complain about this issue will be closed without discussion.

NOTE: There will not be any swastikas in the game, because it IS illegal to show them in Germany and various other countries. Same goes for other Nazi symbols (e.g. related to the SS) or Nazi propaganda material, including songs etc. Any links posted to a mod which includes a Swastika or other illegal Nazi symbols will be deleted. Any threads that complain about this issue will be closed.

NOTE: Threads on Millitary Statistics are not be started. We really don't care that you as a community can not discuss this like adults.

Failure to follows these rules will result in bans.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...?371034-Rules&
    That post was first from 20-08-2008 12:05..

So some people get "funky" about that topics very easily in the past. Especially in the HOI3 Forum..
    Did you know that Johan get death threat's just because of the lousy start of HOI3..

I think that are some reasons why they are that way about all such topics..
    Bad for the "normal" forum users, but thats the way it is so far.

They have of course all the bad things in other games, like gas in Vicky and casuality stats..
    The code that allowed the user made programm to work was changed(!) with SF.
    So it is not even possible to code such an programm anymore..
    Could be just out of savefile size reasons or that they don't want to have such possibility at all..

Cheers,
    Chromos
    Play WW-I up to the Cold War! Soon possible with the "AHOI-Mod"!
    One of the most played Mod for "Hearts of Iron 3".
    Infos around Hearts of Iron 3 and the AHOI-Mod:
    - blog -___-forum-___-facebook-___-twitter-
    Widescreen GUI Mod for Hearts of Iron 3(also for HPP/AS/RPM/BlackICE)

so they make a game where you are basically sending millions of people to their deaths, but you cant have stats about it to see how good or poorly your country is doing in terms of casualties received and inflicted... That is completely asinine. Paradox makes some really fun games, but they have to be one of the most PC companies out there. I can kinda sorta understand the whole no swastikas thing what with them being illegal in certain countries, but no casualties statistics really??? You are allowed to use nuclear bombs in this game, it doesn't take a genius to realize that whenever you use one in game you are also frying tens of thousands of civilians as a result. War is not a nice little clean business, it is hell on earth and if your going to make a game about then you really shouldn't include features because it might offend people, or illustrate the brutality of it, or some crap like that. One of my favorite things to do in Arsenal of Democracy is to look at the casualty statistics after the war is done to see just how good or bad i did in terms of the my kill to death ratio.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Hmm, odd, very odd...

You'd think that for a niche game so heavily focused on micro and such, that the demographic would produce a much more mature gamer on average playing it than, say, TW...Hence, mature discussion could be had
    Don't see why they can't go the normal route of dishing out infractions/bans etc. for those who are unreasonable.
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

I think it's retarded. As it is, when I get a battle report pop-up I have the game automatically pause and tally casualties on paper. But when you take into account air attacks occurring multiple times a day in multiple provinces it becomes such a pain in the arse that I just don't bother anymore.

I'd also like to know what other warring nations are doing to each other, casualty wise, on a front-by-front / theatre-by-theatre basis.

I do not want death-camps, or chemical weapons, or civilian casualty stats in any way, shape or form. Leave it completely out of the game.

Seriously, it is mind-bogglingly idiotic.
    Last edited by boofhead; April 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM.

Town Watch's Avatar Domesticus

if you play with no fog of war cheat, and open the event log that's at the lower part of the screen, you probably can at least see, what kind of battles your allies are fighting, losing and winning.

it sure sucks though. I usually just take a gander at the actual kill-death ratio in the biggest battles. That said, it's usually simply the best strategy to fight battles of encirclement and destruction, rather than attrition warfare. Although with France, you almost have to follow the latter strategy, because human France with incompetent A.I controlled Allied nations, against A.I Germany can get a little bit hairy sometimes, but it's possible to hold out pretty much indefinitely though, and bleed the Germans out of manpower.
    "What do I feel when I kill my enemy?"
    -Recoil-