Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us Official Thread

Default The Last of Us Official Thread

Hi friends and fellow gamers,

Let me present to you a new title that should come out in Q4 2012 or Q1 2013:

The Last of Us is an upcoming third-person survival horror action-adventure video game developed by Naughty Dog for the PlayStation 3. It was officially revealed on December 10, 2011 during the Spike TV Video Game Awards.

The game will play out across various US cities and it's suggested that survival will involve both killing and scavenging.

Taken from: "Naughty Dog Reveals The Last of Us at 2011 VGAs"
    The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States
    As per the above quote I hope that Naugthy will include a coop-mode a bit like Resident Evil 5 did?

Here is a nice trailer including Playstation3GamingHD who analyses the trailer.

Enjoy!!!! BTW Your comments are welcomed!!!!

Last edited by Silent Assassin; June 05, 2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Change title
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Default Re: The Last of Us

It will be hyped as much as all the new Shooter games, but in the end will leave you wanting a lot more from it, and you will realize that Angry Birds is still more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by I WUB PUGS View Post
    It will be hyped as much as all the new Shooter games, but in the end will leave you wanting a lot more from it, and you will realize that Angry Birds is still more fun.

Lets clarify something here: It's far from being just a shooter and if a game leaves me wanting more of it that is great that means the game was good and if I want more I will replay it

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

No, you will want more from it, not of it, as in it won't live up to the hype.

How is it going to be drastically different from all the other Zombie Shooters?

Quote Originally Posted by I WUB PUGS View Post
    No, you will want more from it, not of it, as in it won't live up to the hype.

How is it going to be drastically different from all the other Zombie Shooters?
    OK for that sense but I will wait and see before putting any judgement. Also just because it's Naughty Dog you know that the game will be superior to let's say Dead Island.

As for the differences, I'm sure it will be on 1- The way the story is told 2- The graphics will be much better then previous Zombie titles 3- I've read in the Playstation Magazine that this game will bring the bart up regarding the quality of games, but lets wait and see.
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; February 03, 2012 at 01:22 PM.

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

won't get me off L4D2 anytime soon.
    Patronized by Hader.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxos View Post
    won't get me off L4D2 anytime soon.

You won't know until you've tried it still I've heard good things about L4D2, I can't play it cause I don't have a XBOX 360 and my PC can't run it + it's exclusive to Microsoft. I tried Dead Island but its Meh for me that is why I'm looking forward to this one, still it's too early to say if this game will be good or not but my first impression is good. It will also be PS3 Exclusive!

Thanks for the comment Nyxos
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; February 03, 2012 at 02:47 PM.

Hey, as long as I get to be a melancholic sniper totting 13 year old girl I'm all up for it.

Oh wait,

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    ...for the PlayStation 3.
    Booooo, screw this.

A bit of news on the story

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

hopefully it is what dead island was supposed to be
    serious zombie/ survival horror game

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    Well it's Naughty Dog, for me it's enough to say that this will definatly be better

I didn't really care about this until I read my brother Game Informer. Waaay different sounding than I had been led to believe for sure. Guns will be secondary and bullets somewhat uncommon, however they are extremely lethal as well and so are melee instruments. Melee weapons will be your biggest killer.

It's not about zombie/infected. The infected are there as being infected by some mind controlling/mutating fungus but they are not the highlight of the game. In fact the article said you'll be facing renegade humans more so than the infected. This is not L4D, it's not Dead Island, it's not RE or any such thing.

So far as I can tell this is a survival/puzzle game with deadly combat encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    Hey, as long as I get to be a melancholic sniper totting 13 year old girl I'm all up for it.
    She's permanent AI anyways. And so far as I remember from the Game Informer article there will be no Co-Op involving her. Think of a more useful Ashley RE4.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    Dead Island was never supposed to be a serious zombie survival horror, that was just a trailer to gain interest; which it did very well.

I doubt I'd enjoy it more than Dead Island, the melee system and RPG elements along with the 4 player co-op really made that game epic.

I guess the girl will be a pain in the ass as much as Lydia in Skyrim is. Stupid AI going everywhere you don't want her to be, especially where she can die quickly. And you will spend your time complaining about how fool she is knocking your controller on the desk.

The game background looks very interesting (hello will smith !) but I'm very concerned about that take-a-walk-with-a-random-girl aspect. We will see anyway.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Well it's not for PC which is a no sale for me...and I highly suspect that the hype will leave a lot of people disappointed...

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Another Vid for you

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Id like it if its like the Walking dead comic.

Well isn't she so charming?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

The zombie head looks like popcorn.

Xanthippus of Sparta's Avatar Campidoctor

This game looks really promising.

Resident Evil really went astray when it left its more traditional survival-horror approach. RE4 and 5 were fun, but not as good as earlier titles.

"The fact is that every war suffers a kind of progressive degradation with every month that it continues, because such things as individual liberty and a truthful press are not compatible with military efficency."
    -George Orwell, in Homage to Catalonia, 1938.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast